jaislandboy MIA???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
raven

jaislandboy MIA???

Post by raven »

Hey All, just curious to what happened to one of our "Family Members" ...jaislandboy??? Anybody know where he's been??? Last post he had was 6-24-08. He was a regular for quite sometime. Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i've noticed this as well.

wherever you are, i hope you're doing well, and having a good time. drop on in and say hi... i miss your pictures, and perspective!

-jason
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
araneae

Post by araneae »

It has been a while. Hope all is well with him wherever he is.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Last time I had any contact with Brian he was going through some changes. Switching, IIRC, from working for a medical group to private practice. He may have been moving as well. Hope he's ok and just too busy to get on and chew the fat here.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

He's been away for almost a year!

Where are you Brian? :(
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

I asked me the same question, Raven, several times. I hope life is running well for Brian.
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

I've been in touch with Brian, he's doing well. Just been quite busy. I believe he still lurks now and then when he has a moment. I'm sure he'll appreciate everyone's concern. :)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Good to hear he's ok, thanks Kristi!
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

raven

Post by raven »

TazKristi wrote:I've been in touch with Brian, he's doing well. Just been quite busy. I believe he still lurks now and then when he has a moment. I'm sure he'll appreciate everyone's concern. :)

Kristi
Hi Kristi, THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE ;) . Glad you've been in contact with Brian and glad all is well. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Thank you Raven for raising the question.
Thank you Kristi for the update.
Brian is one of the old timers I was definitely missing.
I'm really glad he is OK.
WhyNot.
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." Sam Levenson
lerman

Post by lerman »

thanks for the update kristi, i'm happy to hear that Brian is doing well.
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

The Deacon wrote:Last time I had any contact with Brian he was going through some changes. Switching, IIRC, from working for a medical group to private practice. He may have been moving as well. Hope he's ok and just too busy to get on and chew the fat here.
Ahhh Good! Based on what he told me privately, a few years ago, this is exactly what he needed.

Good luck Brian, where ever you are. Hope you come back soon. :)
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
JD Spydo

A pillar of Spyderville

Post by JD Spydo »

I hope Jaislandboy does indeed come back home to Spyderville soon :) . I always enjoyed his posts and most importantly he agreed with me most of the time :D

He was a huge contributor to the big Hawkbill thread and you could probably say he was one of the founding fathers of the Superhawk :cool: :D

A truly good citizen of Spyderville. I hope he returns soon.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

TazKristi wrote:I've been in touch with Brian, he's doing well. Just been quite busy. I believe he still lurks now and then when he has a moment. I'm sure he'll appreciate everyone's concern. :)

Kristi
Thanks Kristi, good to hear. Give him my best if you would.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

I miss ja...glad to hear he's doing well and just busy with life, I know how that goes...

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Thanks for the kind words/thoughts from everyone. I have taken some time off the forums to get my personal life "back together" again (messy divorce). I realized that my prior posting had become very negativistic and perhaps offensive to some (for which i apologize, especially to Bolstermanic) and I needed to take some "time out" in a corner for a while to get my head straight :o
Thanks again, Tazkristi for "checking up" on me ;)
Happy Easter to all :)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

good to see you back here, man! i hope things are shaping up well for you.

and i hope you'll dig the chokwe!!!!! :D :D

-jason
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
raven

Post by raven »

Heeeeey Brian, GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE OK SPYDERBRO ;) . I last heard from you shortly after my hand injury. Just got a bit concerned since you were such a regular and so insightful here on the forums.

GLAD TO HAVE YA BACK BRO :D . Messy Divorce Eh ... Been there as some here also have. It Gets Better and Don't Forget ... We're Family Here and You Have Our Support ;) .

If you ever need someone to vent on or just talk ... shoot me a PM ...I'll Be More Than Glad To Help Out As Much As Possible. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always Brian.

-raven-

Axlis

Post by Axlis »

jaislandboy wrote:Thanks for the kind words/thoughts from everyone. I have taken some time off the forums to get my personal life "back together" again (messy divorce). I realized that my prior posting had become very negativistic and perhaps offensive to some (for which i apologize, especially to Bolstermanic) and I needed to take some "time out" in a corner for a while to get my head straight :o
Thanks again, Tazkristi for "checking up" on me ;)
Happy Easter to all :)
Great to see you back, Brian, I always enjoyed your posts and pics. I know what you mean about getting your head straight, we all need to reboot every now and then. :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Brian,
Great to see you back.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian