Training Vid for you Firemen (esp truckies)!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DFD04

Training Vid for you Firemen (esp truckies)!

Post by DFD04 »

Here's is a quick vid that was just put out, has some really good carries and techniques. It's good for getting a FF out or a naked civillian where you don't have anything to grab on to.

I am not one of the names in the credits, but if you have questions/comments, let me know. If I don't know I'll get you the answer from one of the brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOr3hkCiuwY

Here is another link from http://www.5280fire.com. They travel around the Metro area getting fire pictures, and put a vid out about the DFD. Pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_BggG-pWAA

Enjoy!
:spyder: The peace of heaven is theirs that lift their swords, in such a just and charitable war.
-William Shakespeare :spyder:
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

nice...we use the webbing but dont hook the leg..i will have to try that. we use webbing with the handcuff not if pulling a person through a hole or in the cases shown we just wrap it around the torso and one guy gets the legs. We also dont use the fireman's carry anymore but the end result is the same, getting the victim out the window. nice vid! it is always good to see how other depts do things.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

Excelent stuff

Thanks for posting.
untamed

Post by untamed »

Yes, thank very much for posting. This will be a good resource for the emergency/technical rescue lessons.
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm gonna show this one to the guys tonight. I like how the webbing wraps under the arms and behind the back. Out of curiousity, any you guys carry a rappel device in your turnouts? I've got an ATC and a rap ring in the same pocket as my webbing.
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

tonydahose wrote:nice...we use the webbing but dont hook the leg..i will have to try that. we use webbing with the handcuff knot if pulling a person through a hole or in the cases shown we just wrap it around the torso and one guy gets the legs. We also dont use the fireman's carry anymore but the end result is the same, getting the victim out the window. nice vid! it is always good to see how other depts do things.
Glad you like it!

flipe8 wrote: Out of curiousity, any you guys carry a rappel device in your turnouts? I've got an ATC and a rap ring in the same pocket as my webbing.
As a department we don't standardize a repelling set up out of our turnouts. A lot of guys, and companies will have something that they train on for a bail out. I do not carry one myself. Our new turnouts are coming with a pull strap between the shoulders that is not impacted by the bottle, its a nice place to grab.

I am glad you guys are enjoying the videos, the brothers that worked on that did a **** of a good job. If nothing else its another tool for your tool box. I like the stair carry for civilians. We are lucky enough to have turnouts on, they are fairly easy to get traction on during a lift. However a wet civilian will not have the same grip, the webbing really helps in this case.
:spyder: The peace of heaven is theirs that lift their swords, in such a just and charitable war.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

DFD04 wrote:Glad you like it!

Our new turnouts are coming with a pull strap between the shoulders that is not impacted by the bottle, its a nice place to grab.
we have those...make sure after the company that cleans your bunkers puts the strap back in correctly...ours have been known to fudge it up.
My knives
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

tonydahose wrote:we have those...make sure after the company that cleans your bunkers puts the strap back in correctly...ours have been known to fudge it up.
We have those as well, but we can't bag on the cleaners of the gear, as the gear is cleaned at MY station ;) :D (we have industrial washers and built-in dryer rooms for our gear)
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

flipe8 wrote:We have those as well, but we can't bag on the cleaners of the gear, as the gear is cleaned at MY station ;) :D (we have industrial washers and built-in dryer rooms for our gear)
we just got them to clean our stuff when we finally went to bunkers a lil over a year ago...we still had the boots and turnout gear before that. Now after you get off furlough and they have been cleaned you look like a candidate again..lol...well except for the helmet :D
My knives
DFD04

Post by DFD04 »

Our new black gear tends to fade after a few times to the cleaners. I call it the bunker stonewashed look, most people pay extra for that. I agree on watching how the cleaners put the gear back together, we have a pretty good warehouse crew that takes care of us, and I have not seen an issue with gear when it gets back.

Oh, speaking of helmets our department just authorized the Leather N6A's, you have to buy it however.