Prototype videos from the IWA Show

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hickster

Post by hickster »

Netsquash wrote:I'm not waiting, I am diving in for this one to do my part in getting the NASA version. This Manix looks amazing. I can't wait to hold it in my hand... take it in at night. Then I will dump it for it younger and more attractive sister, the NASA model :p
My plans exactly!
...and I forgot about the M4 Bradley coming out. This is going to be an expensive year. :o
hickster
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Manix2 will more than likely become an EDC for me. Alot to like with the BBL and HG blade, some serious jimping, and 154cm. Yes, I'll take a few.

FRN Stretch II looks to immediately fill the role of Delica or Endura. And it's FFG! :)
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
v8r

Post by v8r »

All the new models look great,but I have to admit I like hollow ground blades better.They just look to be stronger, but I am no engineer. :rolleyes:
Shenmue728

Post by Shenmue728 »

Oh wow...... Manix and Chokwe for the tie!
[CENTER]:spyder::spyder:Spyderco C.O.T.C.O.:spyder::spyder:[/CENTER]
untamed

Post by untamed »

Crap! Now it's the Manix II! From what I see it's even got a "non-tapered" tip (0:22) which is what I was also wishing for along with everything exactly new about it!!!

Anybody wanna buy a used and slightly overworked kidney? Must finance new knife purchases!
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

Mr Blonde wrote:I saved the best for last, the Manix II. Eric Glesser was kind enough to let me film him as he walked me through all of the various design features.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgYzQtCJmfA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DgYzQtCJmfA&hl=nl&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's all folks, but I will be posting a report with photos of the prototypes shortly.

Thanks for watching,

Wouter
Hey, great to have Eric in the video! A big hello to you bro, and thanks for the low down on the Manix II. It looks like an excellent refresh of one of the best heavy duty folders out there, and I'll be getting several.

Wouter, excellent videos! I don't know about everyone else, but I've watched them all multiple times and now I'm actually going into withdrawal knowing that there will be no more! :D
JT

Post by JT »

Again thanks for the vids guys.. although my bank account wont like this at all.
I was allready salivating over that "economy" stretch version, since I don't like Delica/Endura handles that much, and I've allready made my mind that I need at least one ZDP blade.. instead of Del/End, i could now get the Stretch II.. BUT
after seeing this last one, the long awaited Manix II, what can I say? Like many of you, I'll be buying that first! Myself, not that there's nothing wrong with FFG, I kinda like the idea of a HG blade. I've been EDC:ing my ATR for what, 8 months now,( along with Dodo), and I really like the slicing action of the HG blade. So this new Manix looks/sounds even better than I expected.. :cool:
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

JT,
I agree with you 100%.

The Manix 2 is first on my list. Eric sounds especially proud of this one. That means must-have for me. :)
It's instantly a new EDC. Admit it. ETA anyone? :D
Aaron

Venerable Dawg

First of all, thank you for the pre-views of up and coming.

Post by Venerable Dawg »

It's definitely worth waiting for. I want the Dragonfly and G-10 Poliwog. Now, if they can only make a G-10 Lava. All good things.....

Dawg
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

Thanks very much for taking the time to create and post these on the forums! Tell the Cameraman Thanks also!

Definately some in this new crowd that I will add to my collection.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
Jurphaas

Post by Jurphaas »

Hi Wouter, Great stuff and a great effort to spread the word of what Spyderco has in the pipeline this year. Now, when all commit to one or two knives, we beat the current crisis hands down! :D
One thing to correct the information on the Bush Craft knife. I told you all that the production model would be with an ordinary stabilized wood like it is pictured in the 2009 catalog. On the last day of the show, Sal informed me that the first run will be with the burl handle of the prototype and as shown in the video clip and on the pics in the other thread.
Great news and it is getting better! Sal also mentioned that he plans every subsequent production run to have a different wood/burl handle. So, start collecting Spydie Bush Craf Knives!.... :D
SeeYa! :)
Jur
Clipits Work!
* WTC # 0107 *
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Proof positive that Sal is evil! ;) I'm not in the market for a bushcraft knife, but man that wood is pretty stuff when you see and handle it in person.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
Billy

Post by Billy »

Hey Wouter, thanks for the vids! Awesome stuff as usual. Up until now, the only :spyder: on my must-have list for the year was the orange G-10 Military. But after seeing the lightweight Stretch in VG-10, now there's two! :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

DMgangl wrote:Are they coming out with a new version for both the old 95mm and 83mm versions, or just a 93mm version as a larger 83mm? I was really hoping to see a larger version of the 95mm Manix.

DM
Originally word was that after the new Manix II, a version even bigger than the first Manix would be made. I assume all this is a fair way down the pipe, but if it ever comes to pass I'll go nuts for the Poppa Manix.
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Joshua J. wrote:Originally word was that after the new Manix II, a version even bigger than the first Manix would be made. I assume all this is a fair way down the pipe, but if it ever comes to pass I'll go nuts for the Poppa Manix.
Please let this be true! A gigantic tank of a folder that would be. :p
Aaron

Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

Jurphaas wrote: Now, when all commit to one or two knives, we beat the current crisis hands down! :D
I'm committing to getting at least 4 this year for sure...Take that Crisis! :D
I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!:D
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Those Stretches are too beautiful - I think I want 2! Can anyone tell me their release date, please? :cool: :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

well, looks like I'm in for at least a g-10 'fly, sage 2 (salbenza? :confused :) , and a bushcraft.

have to get my mitts on a rock lobster and manix 2 to decide on them.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Jazz wrote:Those Stretches are too beautiful - I think I want 2! Can anyone tell me their release date, please? :cool: :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
While you never can make exact predictions with Spydies, I have good hopes that we'll see them in a month or two. Since Paul got a pilot run sample, I'm guestimating that actual production is underway.

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 5-30-2024 Instagram
tomoto

Post by tomoto »

Mr Blonde wrote:While you never can make exact predictions with Spydies, I have good hopes that we'll see them in a month or two. Since Paul got a pilot run sample, I'm guestimating that actual production is underway.

Wouter
great too hear that wouter! i know its only your prediction, but seeing your experience in these things, you think that the other models, like the dfly wil lbe out around that time too? would love to use my new knives for an upcoming camping trip! :D
:spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder::spyder: