Prototype videos from the IWA Show

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

Wow the Chicago was a suprise and it's high on my list. Love those little big knives and I absolutly loved the Sage so this mini-me version will be nice!

Also nice to see the Leaf storm. It's a little bigger than I imagined but I still like it and is high on my list of must haves.

The Rock Lobster is HUGE! but still one to have in the collection I think

Alot of suprises from Spyderco this year and there's MORE to come yet. Thanks to Sal and the Spydie crew for pumping out such great designs and allowing Mr. Wouter to show these off before they are out! Thank you thank you thank you!!
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

Wouter--

The videos are very cool! I appreciate how you always push the envelope in bringing to us forumites the latest in Spyderco's line up.

Jurphaas--

Good to see and hear you speaking about Spyderco products again. I enjoyed every one of the European shows that I got to see you in action. I hope to see you again working the crowds. :)

The Chicago definitely reminds me of a smaller Sage w/Walker lock. B the looks of it, I may lose this one to the wife! :eek: :D The Chokwe looks very modern for the design, and in a good way. I get the impression of a JD Smih with sharper design lines. Overall, really great stuff coming in the future!
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
jb2009

Post by jb2009 »

Excellant previews....WOW...These guys are just so innovative with their designs.....

I am trying to catch up with my wish list....but looks like these new knives, just put me farther behind!!!
...Far more .....:spyder: than i need
But no where near as many as I want......
tkdman41

Post by tkdman41 »

I think the chokwe and rock lobster look great. Not a huge fan of frame locks though.
Endura ZDP-189 CE | Endura Wave CE | Salt 1 PE | Centofante 3 PE | Tenacious PE | Tenacious SE | MT02 Second | MT03 | JD Smith | Caly 3 ZDP-189 CF | Bill Moran | Military | Tasman PE | Stretch 2 CF | Endura | Delica | Dragon Fly
losabio

Post by losabio »

Joshua J. wrote:The Chokwe looks awesome. Right up my alley. It's got a long thumb ramp, nicely angled blade, full flat grind, no kick or choil (tons of grip options), Framelock with G-10 scale, good clip placement...
I can't wait.
The clip on the Chokwe appears to be reversible to tip down. I hope that feature makes it through to production.
Blades

Post by Blades »

Thanks for the video's.
--Jason--
MCM

Post by MCM »

Thanks!

Chokwe, Leafstorm & Rock Lobster are what I will buy.

Thanks again.

MCM
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

With the exception of the Rock Lobster, I was interested in none of these knives....before seeing the videos. Wow! Now I like them all! ****, there goes the budget again. :D
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

thanks for the vids Wouter!
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Thanks Wouter. Great stuff.

I like 'em all except the Chokwe. To me it looks like a JD Smith with squared off handles and two holes in the handle. It just looks kinda weird to me. But then again lots of Spydies looked "weird" to me and I now carry them. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

Thanks for the videos Wouter! I'm really excited for the leafstorm and the chokwe now.
lamarrk

Post by lamarrk »

Wouter, that was outstanding. I didn't see anything I didn't like.

I didn't think much of the Chokwe during all the speculation last year but after seeing the way Spyderco built it, it's a nice knife.

My favorite has to be the Leafstorm (just wish the blade was full flat grind).
Definitely on the "gotta have" list.

Lamarr
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

lamarrk wrote:Wouter, that was outstanding. I didn't see anything I didn't like.

I didn't think much of the Chokwe during all the speculation last year but after seeing the way Spyderco built it, it's a nice knife.

My favorite has to be the Leafstorm (just wish the blade was full flat grind).
Definitely on the "gotta have" list.

Lamarr
I agree with this. The leafstorm looks great. It went from the "I don't care about this" section of my list to the "I want it now" section pretty fast. I have to say that seeing it through that video made the knife so much more appealing. Something about that picture in the catalog just threw me off. The color was wacky and it just looked different.
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

Wow, the Chicago looks awesome. I am a huge fan of the LBKs. Love the flat grind too!
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
JT

Post by JT »

The Deacon wrote:Thanks Wouter and Jur. Looking forward to your photos, but the videos convey a lot that even still pictures as good as yours just can't. They give a sense, not only of size, but of bulk - how they fiill the hand - and of the ease of manipulation.
+1

Deacon nailed it.

If a picture is more than a thousand words, then a videoclip is.. more than a thousand pics? Of course, pics are more enjoyable to admire etc.. but for informative purposes, videoclips are the best. Of course being there and handling them goodies would be THE best option :D

thanks guys!!
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

it was with tearful glee that i watched the chokwe video over and over and over and over. thanks for creating and posting it!!!!

how amazing to see a wild dream transform into such a unique, awesome-looking design!!!! thanks for all the hard work, sal -- it looks like it will be an incredible EDC!

i will be ever so proud to carry and use this knife...! :D

my family, friends and i will be picking up quite a number of them, i'm sure... :D :D :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

losabio wrote:It reminds me of a Police model from some far flung future reality. It's a very exciting knife!
It's actually based on a long-lasting design from the village I lived in for over a year in the Zambian bush, near the Angolan border. Even when they had the option of trading with the Portuguese for knives from Europe, the Chokwe people preferred their own designs, seeing them as superior.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Joshua J. wrote:The Chokwe looks awesome. Right up my alley. It's got a long thumb ramp, nicely angled blade, full flat grind, no kick or choil (tons of grip options), Framelock with G-10 scale, good clip placement...
I can't wait.
if the holes in the scales function as well as i suspect they will, it'll also be great for indexing to different grips... just like the originals... :D
antoine

Post by antoine »

Thanks ! Wonderfull !
Crocodilo

Post by Crocodilo »

clovisc wrote:It's actually based on a long-lasting design from the village I lived in for over a year in the Zambian bush, near the Angolan border. Even when they had the option of trading with the Portuguese for knives from Europe, the Chokwe people preferred their own designs, seeing them as superior.
Hey, I'm portuguese, and I'm in for one: very interesting and practical-looking design!
:spyder: 7 Millies, 4 Paras, 2 Calys, 2 Enduras, 1 Chinook, 1 Manix, 1 Delica, 1 UKPK, 1 Tasman, 1 D'fly