Forum Knife 2009

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

TazKristi wrote:Not so much of a tease. Recently several members were discussing their desire for a Forum Knife (a frequent discussion). But it turned to the possibility of a group purchasing knives on their own and having them engraved as an "Unofficial" Forum Knife. I wanted you all to be aware of this, before anyone did that and couldn't back out of it.

;) Although, it is always a fun discussion to watch.

Kristi

i hope we didn't step on any toes Kristi...we wouldnt have done it without Sal's or your blessing.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
SecSpyral

Post by SecSpyral »

TazKristi wrote:No poll is needed. We know what we're doing, just need to work out some details.

I'll post more when those are complete. As I mentioned though, Sal and I are both traveling, so it'll be at least a couple of weeks before I can give out details.

Thanks though!

Kristi
o....well thank you then! :o
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Thanks Kristi........I'm looking forward to this.

- regards
"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt."
"Measure for Measure"
-W. Shakespeare
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

tonydahose wrote:i hope we didn't step on any toes Kristi...we wouldnt have done it without Sal's or your blessing.
No Tony, all of our toes are just fine. ;)

Just wanted to save you all the time and effort if possible.

:D Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
MCM

Post by MCM »

Throw us a bone here............ :confused:

Blade legnth....... ?

CF? Micarta? G10? FRN?

Thanks, any clue at all would be cool.................

I for one am hoping for a non FRN anything with a 3 1/2" or longer plain blade ............... Unless its the new ZDP Stretch FRN.
S90v is always nice.......... :)

Let us know when you can.........
Thanks!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

With all this talk about the old Calypso Jr. ....maybe it should be that bad boy. Nice and affordable. Best cutter ever.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
jimbo@stn24

Post by jimbo@stn24 »

Some great ideas, and this time, I think I'll follow through.

Really like the idea of the Meerkat or the Calypso Jr.. The first blade that went through my thick skull was the Meerkat with a better steel choice than Aus 6. Quite fond of that little blade even with the steel it has.

Thanks Kristi.
WTC #1455
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

TazKristi wrote:No Tony, all of our toes are just fine. ;)

Just wanted to save you all the time and effort if possible.

:D Kristi
thanks...i am glad all the lil piggies are fine :p and i will gladly hand over the headache to someone more qualified. ;) thanks again and i don't care what knife you guys choose "cough endura cough"
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Something caught in your throat Tony ;)

Something hot like Lava :D
GeorgeMaggos

Count Me IN

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

Hey Taz,

I will be in on this no matter what knife model it is & no matter what the handles are made of. I would prefer a folder over a fixed blade & would like a sub 2 1/2" blade so I could carry & use it here in Chicagoland :)

But I am not concerned with what it turns out to be I support whatever your choice is & will get it for sure :D

Thanks for doing this for us ;)

~George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
cr78

Post by cr78 »

I feel, in my heart of hearts, that it will be a burgundy Dodo. :) I know it's a reach, but....
mudfever

Post by mudfever »

Sweeet! :cool:
"It is necessary, therefore it is possible."

Stretch I
Police3
Rescue Wave
Ladybug
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

David Lowry wrote:With all this talk about the old Calypso Jr. ....maybe it should be that bad boy. Nice and affordable. Best cutter ever.
I'll second the Caly Jr, though the original 4" Calypso would be at the top of my list as well. My ZDP Caly Jr, which was high hollow ground to a .005" edge by Tom Krein is probably my most used folder by far. Having a factory version of that knife (or a full size Calypso!) would be a great knife to have as one I could keep close to factory specs to have as a cherished user/loaner to show others what Spydercos are all about. I find once people use Spydercos they start buying lots of them, as those "funny" looks turn out to be so functional. Just ask my Dad who just bought a Civilian because he wanted a good last ditch SD knife. A couple of my Spydies are on the permanent borrowed status with my old man after his joking about the looks. Now you can't pry a Spyderco out of his hands.

Mike

Mike
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

How about the new Sage Titanium framelock we saw a while back? I am eagerly awaiting the release of that!
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

GoMeR wrote:How about the new Native Titanium framelock we saw a while back? I am eagerly awaiting the release of that!
I think that may be the Titanium Framelock (RIL) Sage2 your thinking of.

I would like to see it be the rumored Ti Framelock Military. (Hopefully with G10 and nested liners on the opposing side)

-Clock
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

Your right ClockWork, I was looking at carbon fiber Natives on the bay and put the wrong thing. Either of those Ti models would be great!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

David Lowry wrote:With all this talk about the old Calypso Jr. ....maybe it should be that bad boy. Nice and affordable. Best cutter ever.
:D :D :D I'm with you on this one David. The Calypso Jr. would make an excellent forum knife.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
glockster

Post by glockster »

ClockWork wrote:I think that may be the Titanium Framelock (RIL) Sage2 your thinking of.

I would like to see it be the rumored Ti Framelock Military. (Hopefully with G10 and nested liners on the opposing side)

-Clock
Oooh, a Ti Framelock Millie! Now, that would be the ultimate! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

Caly JR would definately get my vote ;)
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

I was thinking that the last 2 forum knives were forumite designed. Maybe a new one in 2009 with forumite influence could be the one. Chokwe.
My .03USD
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.