A definition of "Shiny Footprints"?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
gac

A definition of "Shiny Footprints"?

Post by gac »

Someone please explain the origin of the phrase. I am at a loss. I could not see an explanation in the stickied post on the topic.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i think Sal made it up. :confused:
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Bascially respect all knife companies while on this forum, sal likes to keep things respectful and it makes spyderco look good if no one bashes or talks trash on other companies. Alot of ppl here dislike BM and he wants to keep things calm between the two companies especially with the round hole issue they have been using more and more. Just be respectful to spyderco and other companies and we try here to make spyderco look the best we can :cool:
hence leaving shiny footprints wherever we go. (being respectful in whatever we type, say, or post)
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
gac

Post by gac »

I understand, and follow, the philosophy. But the origin of "shiny footprints" eludes me.
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

Perhaps it has something to do with "dragging people through the mud" or something like that. Instead of leaving dirty footprints because of wallowing in the mud, we should keep it clean and leave shiny footprints. My 2 cents.
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

Perhaps it is because a good example, like shiny footprints, is easy to follow?
amen74

Post by amen74 »

You guys hit the nail right on the head. It's not that hard to comprehend. Just make sure you leave "shiny footprints" and not drag anyone or another company through the "mud".
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil