Need your Help picking a design for my MULE!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Wavester

Need your Help picking a design for my MULE!

Post by Wavester »

I am having a forum member make a mule for me (when you see the pics I am showing you, I am sure you will know who it is ;-) 2 I really like I am going to show you below and I want you to tell me which you would prefer. Before we even get to that, what do you think of a mule with this handle:

Ok on to business - If you had to pick between the following 2 designs, which would you take:

#1:

Or #2

I look forward to your replies :-)
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Mate ! Both are excellent - but i prefer the second one by far :D ! Very nice. Orange liners probably a little thinner might be nicer ??? But that's just me :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
duff72

Post by duff72 »

I vote # 2- very cool looking
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I'd go with #1
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
hickster

Post by hickster »

I love looking at other peoples work and would love to have a couple of the Mules I have seen posted here, BUT...I think you are missing out on a an opportunity to get a real appreciation and fondness for your own expression of a handle that looks and feels "right" to you. It seems that there are many interpretations of the "intent" of the Mule program, but don't be afraid to make you own knife from the template Sal has given us! Seconds? sure! I'll be grinding off a little here and there anyway to make it the way I want it! :D
By all means, get one done professionally if that fits your needs, but consider the options of "doing your own" drawing off of the inspiration and expertise of those who post their work here.
I've discovered a whole new hobby from the Mule Team project. Thanks Sal!

Oh yeah, this is one of my favorites in man-made materials ( I need to know how he did the glow in the dark pins with the textured scales):
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/909/homule3ky4.jpg

And this one in natural:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/ ... mule5a.jpg

I still think the Mule Team project needs its own category on the forum. :confused:
hickster
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I'm sure which ever one you choose, Michael will do an excellent job. For myself I would like the last one with a thinner band of orange. Good luck choosing.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

Those are both great! You just could not go wrong with either of them.

If I were choosing between them for myself (and could have only one), I would go with #2. The orange against black is very attractive, and the orange looks like it glows. #2 also looks as though it would feel just right in the hand - secure, snug, and comfortable. I bet you could use it for a long session of work and not experience hand fatigue.

Thanks for the pics and the query. Perhaps you would let us know which one you prefer and why.
EarthDog