Scratching My Head On This One???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
raven

Scratching My Head On This One???

Post by raven »

Hey All, Like the title of this thread states ..."Scratching My Head On This One"??? I like Ka-Bar Knives and always have, but WOW ... A Ka-Bar Pistol Bayonet" :confused: :confused:.

Not real sure what this could be used for, except a CQC situation. What are your thoughts on this??? BTW, it has a universal attachment. Just thought I'd share. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
Attachments
9900blog.jpg
9900blog.jpg (18.95 KiB) Viewed 2899 times
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

I think it's kinda cool. It looks like a mini warthog, and I've always wanted one of those.

I'd say that proabably that "Pistol bayonet" is most intended for intimidation or the coolness factor. I don't know if I'd trust the mount for "extended" use, there's not much to the mount for the knife or the pistol.

It would be extremely cool to have two pistols displayed with the bayonets crossed hanging on the wall though :p
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
raven

Post by raven »

I'm thinking one of my new commands during range qualifications will be; "OK Men ...Fix Bayonets" :D :D !!!

Of course it would be REALLY COOL to have, just to see the looks on their faces when they see a knife afixed to a pistol while shooting :eek: :eek: :eek: ... PRICELESS :D :p !!!

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I saw this yesterday and thought that the bullets coming out of the gun are probably a but more effective than stabbing some one with the bayonet
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

Silly but, if you build it they will come.
Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly
Castillo

Post by Castillo »

I didn't realise it was April 1 :D
boboakalfb

Post by boboakalfb »

Mall Ninja...
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Aimed at those who want to bring a knife to a gunfight and still stand a chance of winning? :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
raven

Post by raven »

All info is over at Knife Center ;) . I'm still just Ummmm ... Errrrr ... Yeah :rolleyes: ???

-raven-

The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

This reminds me of something. Long, long ago I was setting up a 3 gun course for somebody. We had to try it out beforehand, of course.

Me and two other friends. One guy was having trouble with his AR parts gun consistant enough that he eventually overheated. Him, not the rifle. He rolled into the last position well behind in both time and points due to the malfunctioning rifle.

As he finally finished he jumped up, charged over and began butt stroking the targets in his lane that were still standing. I was awestruck! He would no doubt have bayonetted the targets if he was so equipped.

I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

The two of them got back at me for my attitude by bombarding me with grenades while i was in the prone position on my next run through, right after the bridge, behind cover. ( just m80's, but damned if it wasn't unpleasant) and so much smoke we couldn't see the next line of targets. We had to wait for the breeze to clear it.

That guy was one hard charging TV cameraman! :) No doubt this pistol bayonet would be right up his alley. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
gac

Post by gac »

CZ has offered something like this for a while. I am not sure why.

DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I thought it was fake until I saw the knifecenter page. I think its funny and I am thinking about buying one for my buddy in the army as a joke.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
dialex

Post by dialex »

And I was thinking I've seen them all... :confused:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

how big is the holster when the blade ia afixed(sp)? you know, just in case you need it all put together for a very dire situation.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Looks to me like someone got bored and decided to make accessories for the flashlight rails.
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Ah boy here we go....
I can just see the head lines now..."man stabs himself in the eye while cleaning gun" :P

The stupid ways so many people handle firearms truly leaves me in disbelief at times.

Interesting addition though...

Cheers

Sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

gac wrote:CZ has offered something like this for a while. I am not sure why.

...."Hey punk ja..ja..just you wait till I run outta ammo..."

Hahaha, ah boy

Cheers

Sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
untamed

Post by untamed »

Hmmmmm. I could understand everybody's skepticism BUT it could be worth exploring? :)

To me though, this might have some value, as the OP said, in CQC situation (e.g. - maybe for a "can opener" or a "high-wing" coupled with a "jab" with the gun when reloading or when a failure/malfunciton happens). I think the the blade shouldn't be too long to get in the way or be cumbersome (like on the CZ pic).

But then again, the only testing ground for anything functional is thru FOF training.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

That honking blade may be strange but I think it might make some of the Disarming techniques interesting. If your form isn't on you could end up grabbing edge. Even some of the traps and locks could get dangerous with that edge hanging there. I guess to each his own. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
untamed

Post by untamed »

The Mastiff wrote:That honking blade may be strange but I think it might make some of the Disarming techniques interesting. . . Joe
Yep, I think it's a matter of design rather than function (though both should complement each other).