Hawaii following the Brits into knife ban inasanity!?!?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

Hawaii can hardly be following Britain. Despite the popular misconception we don't actually have a knife ban in the UK. ;) (I'm sure they'll try though)
I'm carrying one now and do so most days. Because I don't have a defined reason it's a UKPK that I'm carrying. However, when I'm out hunting and therefore have good reason, I carry pretty much whatever I like, perfectly legally. ;)
JD Spydo

Complete Tyranny coming to your hometown

Post by JD Spydo »

It's a very disturbing trend going on here in the USA and a few other westernized countries>> basically they are trying to eliminate any viable way to defend yourself.

But to eliminate knife carrying you would have to ask yourself which tool is next to be eliminated? It isn't the tool itself that is the cause of any crime. Any moron with at least a double digit IQ knows that. And these sleaze bag politicians know it too :mad:

What we are seeing take place right before our eyes is that they ( the government) are taking our RIGHTS and converting them into PRIVILEDGES and then they are methodically finding sinister ways to revoke our priviledges :mad:

The SECOND AMENDMENT of the USA Constitution has granted us the RIGHT to bear arms>> it's not a priviledge it is a RIGHT for GOD sakes :mad:

It is truly like a what a great 1960's radical once said >> "Once the government/politicians also have to live by the laws they make or create then and only then will they quit making them"

These present day tyrannts are truly beyond belief :mad:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

JD Spydo wrote:It's a very disturbing trend going on here in the USA and a few other westernized countries>> basically they are trying to eliminate any viable way to defend yourself.

But to eliminate knife carrying you would have to ask yourself which tool is next to be eliminated? It isn't the tool itself that is the cause of any crime. Any moron with at least a double digit IQ knows that. And these sleaze bag politicians know it too :mad:

What we are seeing take place right before our eyes is that they ( the government) are taking our RIGHTS and converting them into PRIVILEDGES and then they are methodically finding sinister ways to revoke our priviledges :mad:

The SECOND AMENDMENT of the USA Constitution has granted us the RIGHT to bear arms>> it's not a priviledge it is a RIGHT for GOD sakes :mad:

It is truly like a what a great 1960's radical once said >> "Once the government/politicians also have to live by the laws they make or create then and only then will they quit making them"

These present day tyrannts are truly beyond belief :mad:
Absolutely well stated.
Ian UK

Post by Ian UK »

Sam is correct carrying a knife is legal here in the UK (except bali's and autos) if you can justify the reason for carrying it.

I have seen no concrete evidence that there is a corolation between banning knives and a reduction in crime the criminals (the clue is in the name) will still carry them.

We cannot carry guns but people here still get shot in bank raids etc. proof it does not work. I f people want something they will get it, the question is what they use it for.

Over here many of our politician make these stupid laws as knee jerk reactions to terrible events without really thinking their actions through, and as an earlier poster in this thread pointed out (and I don't know if its the same in the USA) our politicians don't like to upset the Apple cart they like being on the gravy train too much, claiming their housing allowance's expenses and all the nice expensive perks they get. They don't care really as long as their allowance rolls in they will vote for anything they are told to by the party whip.

There are not many figures published over here of down turns in violent crime following banning knives, criminals still will get and use them as they still do with guns.

I wish you luck in your fight but over here our representatives seldom listen, only at election time and by then its too late.

The Uk (whilst I love being British) is rapidly becoming an Orwellian dictatorship, our freedoms are disapearing rapidly and oncec gone they never return, so fight for yours before they are taken. :mad:
:spyder: IAN UK Collector #116.
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Many lame ideas are introduced as bills in the Florida legislature every year. You never can tell what those morons will come up with. It makes no difference which party is in the majority; they still come up with some doozies.

Some, they even pass! :eek:
EarthDog
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

EarthDog wrote:"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session."

Many lame ideas are introduced as bills in the Florida legislature every year. You never can tell what those morons will come up with. It makes no difference which party is in the majority; they still come up with some doozies.

Some, they even pass! :eek:
You got that right on the money,But no mater what they come up with,i will not quit carrying my knife.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

All it takes is enough of this to continue in this country to push a knife ban,Click the link,http://www.wsbtv.com/news/18672343/detail.html#-
Ian UK

Post by Ian UK »

Lord Vader

Thats exactly whats happening over here in the UK. Street arguments escalating into stabbings. :(
:spyder: IAN UK Collector #116.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Ian UK wrote:Lord Vader

Thats exactly whats happening over here in the UK. Street arguments escalating into stabbings. :(
Yeah,Its people who cant control there actions will ruin it for everyone.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Yo Potter,

Thanks for starting this one here... ;)

Sitrep, check it out...on the news today:

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/39409572.html

God bless and mahalo much all! :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DAYWALKER wrote:Yo Potter,

Thanks for starting this one here... ;)

Sitrep, check it out...on the news today:

http://www.khon2.com/news/local/39409572.html

God bless and mahalo much all! :cool:
Hi Bro, good to see you around.

That's pretty much what I guessed would be the case. Things like that happen all the time here. Some constituent, generally one with deep pockets who has contributed generously in the past, gets a wild hair up their a$$ over something and decides "there ought to be a law". Politician introduces the bill and lets it die quietly. Everybody's happy, at least until they hit one that backfires on the politician like this incredibly stupid one obviously did. Have to believe Mr. Ihara's opponent will bring this up next election. ;) :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Nice to hear something good happening for a change Chad!
"I think they think I support it and I've made clear in the magazines and publications that have written to me that I oppose the bill and if it ever came up to a vote which I don't believe it would I would vote against it," says Sen. Les Ihara, (D) Palolo-Kaimuki.
I've seen better Wonderland logic than that...
The irony of it all Senator Ihara owns a pocket knife.
*Bangs head on desk*
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

Kev-Man

Post by Kev-Man »

That's some crazy stuff. I'm guessing Ihara is probably thinking back and realizing just how ridiculous of a bill that was.

It's nice to know we have guys like Ken Onion and CLB looking out for us down here.

Kev.
potterma

Post by potterma »

Thanks for linking the article to KHON2.com. It looks like sanity will prevail.

Here is the response that Doug Ritter (Knife Rights) received from the Senator:

Doug: I am opposed to SB 126 and would vote against it if I ever voted on it. Because the Hawaii constitution allows only legislators to introduce bills, my policy has been to introduce bills on behalf of my constituents whenever requested. But if I cannot support a constituent bill, I sign it "by request" which signals to other senators that I am not requesting a public hearing for it. I believe this is a common view of many in the legislature, except for the senate president who introduce all Executive and Judiciary Branch bills "by request" though she may support some of them.

In my 22 years in the Hawaii Legislature, I have signed many constituent bills "by request", but I may now reconsider this policy and possibly refuse to introduce a constituent's bill in extreme situations (such as SB 126). Thank you for your inquiry and for helping to inspire the several hundred emails I received opposing SB 126. I am encouraged for our democracy by seeing so many people interested in public policy issues.

Aloha,
LES IHARA, JR.
Hawaii State Senator, 9th District
Senate Majority Policy Leader

His "By Request" policy seems mindless... We've got enough lunacy in the world, why introduce more? Good grief....
www.KnifeRights.org
By Knife Owners. For Knife Owners.

CLB Designs

My Flickr Page
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Wow

How long before the laws turn carry of anything into South Africa where its already virtually impossible to have a gun legally, but now they trying to ban pepper spray and stun guns.

Makes one kind of scared of the future when these politicians with their SS bodyguards make laws that leave the innocent tax payers defenseless.

*climbs off his soap box and grabs his AR15*

Cheers

Sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum