cal jr , urban. comp

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sixheads

cal jr , urban. comp

Post by sixheads »

Love my caly Jrs just think its a little delicate on the tip, can someone compare the Urban to the caly jr, Or maybe some pics.

Sixheads
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

Can anyone that has both give me there 2 cents??

please

Sixheads
scout

Post by scout »

Sorry, I don't own an Urban. I have given the Caly quite a workout though and long as don't pry, you should be fine.
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

I have a vg 10 and zdp Caly jr. The zdp one developed an ever so slight bend in the the last 8 mm , i sent it to STR and he shaped the tip and now it looks like a rescue with the rounded tip. Its awsome.

I Personally like all things Caly3, Clay jr, Sage ukpk, Flat grind leaf shape ETC, ETC, ETC,,

but most of all i think The Caly jr is the lightest , sharpest , most sheeple friendly edc you can have.

I was wondering is the urban close ??? it has to be, the specs are different but close.

DO i need 2 right away??? (in Green my fav colour)

Sixheads
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Don't have an Urban, and I know specs can sometimes be deceiving. But, based on them I tend to think of it as a non-locking "tactical" cousin of the Kopa. About the same size and, at least for the FG version, about the same blade shape. IMHO, the UKPK would have a similar relationship with the Caly 3.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

OK, here ye be. Just got mine today. **** it was hard to reverse the clip to lefty-carry. The barrel of the clip screw holds the slip joint in tension. There's gotta be an easier way!!
Anyway so far I quite like the Urban. Good size, and the slip joint is pretty solid. More comments later after I put it to use.

-Rorschach :][: RHOS
sixheads

Post by sixheads »

Thank you rorschach . Thats exactly what i wanted to see. The handel is to small on the urban for my personal taste. To bad cause the blade looks awsome.

Thanks again

Sixheads
catamount

Post by catamount »

Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex