A new nut

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
O,just,O

A new nut

Post by O,just,O »

Hello everybody. My first post here & a brief story of my life with spyderco,so far
I just couldn’t believe it. I wanted a new knife, so looked around on the web and found a site clearing knives out. All sorts of knives, and what’s this, Spyderco, volpe, kiwi, aussie pride, stretch, yeah the stretch looks good give that a go. Pays my money, waits my wait, and postie brings my new knife (great isn’t it) two days later. Now I had a C90F Stretch in my hand & was caressing it with my eyes, what a beauty, fit & finish, faultless, & just stunk of quality, SHARP! Wow!, love this tool just love it. A few days latter we were laying vinyl floor coverings & my wife commented, that thing is sharper than the stanley knife, here cut this. I carried the stretch for a while but it was pulling my pants down, so I thought another Spyder but not so heavy this time. Looked on e bay, found Spyderco ladybug pe, thought that will do, bid, win, pay, wait, arrives, open pack with stretch & what is this tiny thing, & a half toothy blade. I thought oh no I blew it & went too small & light & what about these damned teeth, oh well give it a go. Cut this, cut that, cut this again , I couldn’t believe it, This little gizo really cuts, EDC the thing & cut everything & once you hook one of those teeth in , man you are away & cuttin. Think it was about here somewhere that I got bitten. Next I saw micro dyad jigged bone, do the purchase & when it arrives & is freed from its pack by the ( you guessed it) ladybug, I am now starting to believe just how good these things really are. I run off gleefully to show my wife, she says after looking it over, neatly made for such a small knife & they really know how to sharpen knives. My pride swells from owning something so fine.
Then I find this forum, again can’t believe how cool it is i.e no flames or nasties, and the world of Spydie opens . I now buy a C28PWH Dragonfly & 2 LORP3 Ladybug’s from Tom, one orange lady bug for my wife & one for me. We love them all & the dragon fly becomes my EDC, it is a boy & a big boy who just does not stop cutting, don’t let the white handle fool you.
2009 looks good for new dyad, H1 ladybug & so on & so on until something or someone stops me. Who would ever believe that these knives could bite your psyche like they do, until bitten
Thank you Kristie. :o O.
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Welcome to the forum. The knives are great and the community is awesome, I know how you feel.
If you like the Stretch but thought it was heavy just wait. There is a ZDP-189 and VG-10 Stretch coming out in FRN. I'm guessing around 3.5oz. from what the other threads say.
Smile, it can always get worse
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

Hi and wellcome to this forum and the wonderfull world of :spyder:
169 :spyder: and always room for one more :D
dialex

Post by dialex »

Welcome to the Spyderco forum and enjoy your stay here. Thanks for the story and enjoy your new fine knives.
Just like you, for me it was the same Ladybug the "revelation" that opened the path to the wonderful Spyderco world. :)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Welcome.

You seem pretty far gone already!
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

Welcome. Spydies are incredibly additictive. It was the little big knives that got me hooked!
Top :spyder:s : Caly 3, Stretch, Millie, Manix 2, Police, Kopa, Polliwog, Meerkat, Chinook III, and SuperHawk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Click the pic to see my :spyder:
Billy

Post by Billy »

Welcome to the best knife forum on the net! Enjoy your stay! :)
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
araneae

Post by araneae »

Welcome O. Enjoy the stay. You own some fine Spydies already.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

O,
Welcome to our Forum, we hope you enjoy your time with us. Looks like you are off to an amazing start! Great choices. And you are most welcome. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Thank you all for the warm welcome spydie people. :)
My :spyder: bite has swelled up over night & now itches quite bad, it's also looking rather red. The pictures of J.D. Smith sprint run are what did it. Nice pointy blade, just the thing thats so good about the PE blade on the micro dyad. Full Flat Grind, the hook is in & the reel is screaming.
O. :D
ClockWork

Welcome

Post by ClockWork »

Welcome to spydieville

Be sure to check out the Military and the Para-Military. Neither will disappoint.

oh yeah,

nut is spelled "Knut" ... with a K
:D

-CLock
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
O,just,O

Post by O,just,O »

Ksorry, mate. ;)
O.