anyone want to shoot me? please?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
vampyrewolf

anyone want to shoot me? please?

Post by vampyrewolf »

Just looking for anyone to put me out of my misery and pain here.

Had a nasty bike accident in '01, hit a parked car doing about 60km/h. Injured both shoulders and my back was a solid bruise.

Last year I did SOMETHING to my shoulder and it's gotten worse. The last few months of cold weather has been ****.

So of course I had to top it off and make it count. Was sledding with the kids at a family gathering for xmas, took the 2 man tube down myself and got 3-4 feet of vertical air on the jump. Was going great until I slammed my shoulder into the hard packed snow past the ramp, leaving at least a 10 foot furrow from 215lbs going at speed.

Spent 3 days in the hottub with muscle relaxants and pain killers, but was more or less useless for a week. Went to work monday and played with connectors and cables trying to calibrate my station... was in pain... Go to work yesterday, and by 10am I was ready to go home but kept pushing. Was still in pain when I went to bed.

Well, went to see the doc this morning, xrays and all. Ends up I've got an AC sprain with a little seperation. Hitting physio tomorrow morning to see what they can tell me. Had waited the 10 days to see if it was just bruising, but since I haven't improved much it was time to investigate.

Good thing I've got 77hrs of sick time and 59hrs of vacation waiting for me to use, and $500 coverage on physio and massage.

Anyone want to shoot me and put me out of my misery from this shoulder?
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I'll try, but I don't think I can hit you from here. Go outside and face just west of south and watch for it. ;)

Sorry about your pains. The price of living this long I guess. I still remember the day I woke up and knew something was wrong. After careful analysis, I discovered the problem was nothing hurt. It was really weird, but luckily it hasn't happened again.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
raven

Post by raven »

Hey VW, Been a while knifebro ... I see you're still as daring as I am. I feel your pain ... literally. Still suffering with shoulder pain from a bike accident back in 1987. Have a 3rd Degree AC Separation. Doc said I dislocated the shoulder, cruhed all the cartilage, stretched all of the ligaments, and fractured the tip of the collar bone :rolleyes: . Hurts quite a bit when it's cold ...along with the rest of the body.

PT will help a bunch. It'll be painful, but it's worth it. Just do what they ask and you'll be well on your way to recovery. Take It Easy On The Stunts and
The Body Knifebro. Take Good Care, Be Safe, and Drink As Much Coffee As Possible :D .

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

52.14396:-106.58385:18

or if you prefer: 52° 8' 38.2554" -106° 35' 1.8594"

Here... I'll even help you aim. ;)
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Gil: I can just imaging the pain physio is going to put me through with this one... they had enough fun working me over with my wrist 4 yrs ago.

When reaching across to buckle up hurts like ****, never mind lifting myself up to shuffle over a couple inches, it's gonna be a long road.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

You'd have to threaten my life, first. ;) :D
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

You're still posting, so I must have missed. Maybe that max range figure was in yards instead of miles...
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Simple: You mean I have to come all the way to texas to insult you? Buying a plane ticket for me?

yablanowitz: yeah, usually firearms aren't rated in the 2000 mile range
SimpleIsGood229

yablanowitz wrote:You're still posting, so I must have missed. Maybe that max range figure was in yards instead of miles...
No, Yab, ya see, you need the .416 Barret. I suppose the .408 Cheytac might do in a pinch.
God Bless Texas!
Μολὼν λαβέ

SimpleIsGood229

vampyrewolf wrote:Simple: You mean I have to come all the way to texas to insult you? Buying a plane ticket for me?
Uhm, no, not really. Start taking shots at me from over there, and we'll call it good! :D Take note of this most exceedingly excellent excuse I'm giving you to buy a .416 Barret. :D
God Bless Texas!
Μολὼν λαβέ

spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Nah........ couldn't do that Patrick :D I'm too soft for that :o ;)

Take care and hang in there bro' :)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Why is it that you leave physio in more pain than you went in with?

it's not fair I tell yah.
JD Spydo

Been there. Don't want to go back

Post by JD Spydo »

Vamp I was listed as a chronic pain patient for quite a while after my big knee operation in which they transplanted a meniscus in my left knee along with some other cadiver parts. In other words they used a wide array of "junk yard" parts to put my left knee back together.

I had 3 surgeons working on me for about 6 hours. When I awoke from that operation I felt like I had either just been hit by a diesel, 18 wheeler on Interstate 70 or that I had been chewed on by a great white shark :eek: .

Buddy I know pain. I thought I was a relatively tough guy until I had that operation. That was as close to **** as I ever want to be. My heart truly goes out to you. I may not have had as much as you've had but truly I do understand,. believe me I do.

Most people in our modern world have never really experience pain at "9" or higher on a 1 to 10 scale. But I have and I know how you feel.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

I feel for you, bro. I haven't had to endure anything like what you are going through, but I've had a little. Got a plate in my leg and an a left ankle that is still (4 years later) about 50% bigger than the right one, due to a judo accident. Two of my brothers have bikes and ask me when I'm going to get one, and I tell them "never" everytime. I'd end up being the guy who dislocates both shoulders and can't even use the bathroom by himself.

Hope the physio helps and you get back on track.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Well at least physio was surprised I had full range of motion... lot of pain, but full range.
Usually when he sees this type of injury this early the arm is useless and in a sling. I spent the rest of my vacation in a hot tub, slept with my shoulder slathered in A535, and have used the TENS machine here at home a few times. When you get injured as nicely as I do, you learn how to treat em. I don't think he expected a client to be able to keep up with him as he went over the injury, but I had a day to research AC injuries and a medical library at home.

Told me to keep using the TENS (was surprised I had one), and gave me 3 stretches to do to keep the full range of motion. Get to see him in 2 weeks to start working on stability and strength... as compared to the usual month before they work it.

AC Joint Sprain and a Type 2 seperation. Gotta make em count. Had it been type 3 (dislocation) it would have been surgery, but I missed that one. As is the typical period for recovery is 6 months.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

JD Spydo wrote:Buddy I know pain. I thought I was a relatively tough guy until I had that operation. That was as close to **** as I ever want to be. My heart truly goes out to you. I may not have had as much as you've had but truly I do understand,. believe me I do.

Most people in our modern world have never really experience pain at "9" or higher on a 1 to 10 scale. But I have and I know how you feel.
The fun of a high pain tolerance... it's either normal (0), stiff (2), tender (4), blindingly painful (shoot me!! 7), or kill me quickly as I can't move without pain (8). It's workable until it isn't... there is no middle ground. Poking on a tender joint shoots it up 3-4 points (there were times with my wrist that I was ready to knock the physio out)

There have been a few times that I've moved wrong and had to sit there for a couple minutes
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I feel you pain.13+ years at Pepsi has my shoulders screwed.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

I won't shoot ya either!!! I DO have a scope for my AR though........ :rolleyes: j/k

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I hope you get pain relief soon.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
coffeeman

pain too

Post by coffeeman »

I feel for you, no pun intended. Tomorrow morning at 10am I go in for an epideral in my lower back. One month ago I had it done for my neck. I am going to alternate areas until we can get to a point I am not taking 3-4 percocet or Lortabs per day.

Ain't it fun getting old.
As long as I can make it to the Blade show each year, I will tough it out.

Anyway hang in there. Just think any day you feel pain you are still alive.
Special thanks to Bill W. for all of his inspiration and guidance.

Do you know Bill ?

One :spyder: for all and all :spyder: forum one!