byrd knife to the rescue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dr. Snubnose

byrd knife to the rescue

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

A couple of weeks ago a NYC Fireman came into my place and bought a byrd a fully serrated rescue model. Well he stopped by yesterday to tell me that he loved the knife and that it already saw some rescue action. He was first on the scene of a auto accident (head on collision) airbags deployed... but he had a problem getting to the driver, the air bag was in the way between the wheel and driver...He told me one quick pass of the Bryd Rescue SE was all that was need to cut the entire bag free allowing him to check the vitals and have ems workers administer medical aid...The driver I'm happy to report survived...Great Knife, and Good use from the NYFD, one Happy Fireman Byrd Owner.. one Happy knife salesman....one very lucky driver.....Everybody Wins..It's a Spyderco Moment!.....Doc :D :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Very nice! Was it a Cara Cara Rescue?
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Yes it was the Cara Cara...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Agent Starling

Holy Kryptonite Batman!

Post by Agent Starling »

Cool story, Doc!

Faster than one of Doc Snubnose's speeding bullets...it's a Byrd, it's a plane...it's Cara Cara to the Rescue! :D

Agent Starling :cool:
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Thanks for sharing that, Doc. A great story of a great knife performing a great service.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

^ +1 :D That's what it all about
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
steve andrews

Post by steve andrews »

Firefighters in my British brigade have been banned from carrying personally owned knives, due to "health and safety" concerns.
The firefighters have had to remove the Enduras, Delica, Rescues, Salts and Benchmade Griptilians from their fire kit and have had them replaced with..nothing.

I have been pushing to get a personal knife issued by the brigade and have recommended the Byrd Meadowlark Rescue to the equipment procurement group.
I have had a reply, with the excuses of "not enough money in the budget" and "if a knife was to be issued it would be instead of the currently issued Leatherman (carried in a pouch on the uniform belt) - not in addition to it."

It's frustrating, to say the least. :mad:
gac

Post by gac »

Health and Safety? Aren't you surrounded by FIRE?!