The Mule has left the building (SFO).

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Marion David Poff
Banned

The Mule has left the building (SFO).

Post by Marion David Poff »

The Spyderco Mule CPM M4 is now out of stock.....

I was playing with the idea of buying another one, but I guess it is not to be.

The Mules are Gone.

Long Live the Mules.

Bring on the S90V Mule.
Marion David Poff
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

I almost bought one too but the shipping is pretty expensive. Just wish they had a cheaper option than express mail, which is really not necessary. :(
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

This is excellent news! I was beginning to worry that slow mule sales might cause future runs to be scrubbed. I kept myself from buying two - I want lots of mules, but I'd rather it be one of each ...

Gordon
gac

Post by gac »

gaj999 wrote:This is excellent news! I was beginning to worry that slow mule sales might cause future runs to be scrubbed. I kept myself from buying two - I want lots of mules, but I'd rather it be one of each ...
I agree. That was my first thought as well. I'm hoping the S90V will not be too expensive. Now that I have a sheath I have been using my 52100 quite a bit.
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I am happy and sad at the same time.I really wanted to try out the M4 steel. I was trying to wait until after Christmas to get one. But I am looking forward to a new mule coming out.

Is there any news as to when the new Mule will be out and what the new steel will be? I think I remember something about 9Cr13MoV or something along the lines of a better steel for the Bryd line.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
hickster

Post by hickster »

MT03 is supposed to be CPM S90V. High-end stainless. Going to do some carbon fiber on one of those for sure. Glad I got my 2 MT02s!
So what will MT04 be?
hickster
potterma

Post by potterma »

Dang... and I was just about to pick up a spare...

Glad to see there is lots of interest,though! :cool:
www.KnifeRights.org
By Knife Owners. For Knife Owners.

CLB Designs

My Flickr Page
DWRW

Post by DWRW »

VERY glad I was able to pic up 2. I am loving my M4 Mules. :D
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

That was a great thing Sal did for us. It's not the cheapest, or easiest stuff to work, yet Spyderco brought it home for a very, very low price, all things considering.

I'm really surprised they lasted as long as they did. I expected a huge interest in it as it's a very high performance steel that has generated a lot of talk, especially with it's performance in competition knives.

I don't know about anybody else but I find this steel very easy to get screaming sharp. It loves the strop, and takes a nice polish.

I don't need stainless properties in my knives, folders included. I could make do with CPM M4 steel as a one steel, all around, all purpose steel. O-1 and A2, and probably Vascowear are the only other steels I feel that way about. From folders to choppers, it can do everything, except withstand lots of corrosion. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Manix Guy 2

My loss

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Waited too long and missed the boat , dumb , dumb . Will be there for the next version . S90V ? Is this for real ? MG2
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

Well, maybe the site just hasn't updated, but they still show as available here: http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=364
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

We do actually have a tiny number left... but we also just made these available, the MT02P Factory Seconds here...http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=323.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
gac

Post by gac »

I'll have to ask for a factory the second MT02 or the MT03 S90V for my birthday.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

gaj999 wrote:This is excellent news! I was beginning to worry that slow mule sales might cause future runs to be scrubbed. I kept myself from buying two - I want lots of mules, but I'd rather it be one of each ...

Gordon
good call.
Marion David Poff