My choice in CCW

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
v8r

Post by v8r »

I have a Kimber custom II that I shot a 250 with on my CC license.Don't much like a Glock (not that it isn't a great handgun) they just don't feel right in my hand. They feel too much like I am holding a 2x2 in my hand,and the grip angle seems all wrong.A 1911 just points more natural to me.A buddy of mine just bought a Springfield XD40 and that thing feels nice and points well, just another option out there. :)
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

My only gun at the moment is a springfield 1911. Love this thing. Its a blast to shoot. Need to get a beaver tail on it asap. Planing to do a little trigger work on it this weekend.

But for me its just to big and heavy to CC. Think I'm gonna pick up a XD-9 SC. Any opinions? Also please don't get into caliber wars here. :)
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

I highly suggest the XD9SC, it shoots beautifully and fits my hand like a glove. If you handle a Glock 26 first, then the XD, you will really be sold. Add reliability, pointability, and bit lower price on top of that, and it's the XD, no question.

Stock photo from Springfield
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

I have to admit, I felt that the XD subcompact I fired felt like it had less recoil than the full size model. And it is pretty accurate too. I think if they offered it in a single stack, I would be more interested in it.

snuffaluff,

I've heard good and bad things about the Baby Eagles, but I say if you like it, go for it.
cedjunior

Post by cedjunior »

My SW1911 with my Milt Sparks Vera-Max II. I bought the SW for $700 on clearance, couldn't pass up that deal. Trigger is a Cylinder & Slide Solid Long trigger, breaks just south of 4lbs.

And yes, thats a Military on my pocket!

type00rev

My CCW/EDC

Post by type00rev »

G23 .40S&W:
Trilux low-profile green dot night sights // Full length Ti guide rod // Ti firing pin // Wolff xtra-power guide rod spring, Wolff xtra-power mag springs, Wolff 3.5lb trigger spring, Wolff sear spring // Hogue grip sleave // Glock Plug // Extended Mag release // Extended slide release......everything lubed with Militec

RIG:
Blade-Tech Kydex Lefty IWB / Blade-Tech dual mag for the right side // Galco 1.5" belt

Ammo:
Winchester SXT-Personal Protection 165gr. hollow points (Politically correct
Black Talons!!)
My spare mags carry Corbon 165gr. +P hollow points

Blades: Benchmade 5300 Presidio auto-axis // Al Mar SERE LE
Knife EDC changes from day to day, but I'm usually carrying my S90V Millie :D

Sorry about the crappy pic.....my digi is in the repair shop
:spyder:Harpy SS| :spyder:S90VCF Millie| :spyder:C36GPBK Millie| :spyder:C51GPFG Rookie| :spyder:C122GP Tenacious| :spyder:MT02 CPM-M4 x2| :spyder:MT03 CPM-S90V| :spyder:C81FG Para| :spyder:C81GSBK Para| :spyder:C95GPFG Manix #044V

Schoolboy Samurai||