Daryn's Collection. :)

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
DRod

Daryn's Collection. :)

Post by DRod »

My Spyderco Collection as it sits right now.
... and a couple of random shots.
^Sandblasted Jester SE.
^SE E4 atop an inner bearing race atop my favoritest Dickie's shirt! Taken in my window.
^D'Allara atop my work gloves, in natural light. This was taken on my center seat of my Silverado.
^Wally World Native PE. Taken on plain white shirt in natural light. On top my keyboard.
Enjoy. Great subforum idea too. *thumbs up*
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

Nice collection! The D'Allara intrigues me...i need to try out that ball lock

Thanks for the pics
DRod

Post by DRod »

You should!
Most people that have handled mine have loved it. Reguardless of size. The comfort and quality keep it as an EDC alongside my Caly Jr.

I do however thing it would sell MUCH better if it were equipped with a Mili quality liner lock. As much as that pains me. I don't like liners hardly at all. But the public in general seems to.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
Fatboy

Post by Fatboy »

Awesome , the D'Allara is my next purchase. I love the look :D
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

cool beadblast.....nice pics.... :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
DRod

Post by DRod »

Gotta few videos I uploaded. Boredom got the better of me once again.
Don't mind the woodpanel walls. For the rent I pay, Im just glad I have walls. :)

Military.
D2 Para Military.

D'Allara.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

that jester looks sweet sandblasted!!

is it still smooth though when opening and closing ?
DRod

Post by DRod »

RIOT wrote:that jester looks sweet sandblasted!!

is it still smooth though when opening and closing ?
It wasn't at first but I blew it out and it was back to normal. Oddly enough, and for reason still unknown to me I decided to polish it. Its seen a belt sander and now its back to satin. I really wish I would have left it sand blasted. I might take it back to my buddies house and do it again.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

DRod wrote:It wasn't at first but I blew it out and it was back to normal. Oddly enough, and for reason still unknown to me I decided to polish it. Its seen a belt sander and now its back to satin. I really wish I would have left it sand blasted. I might take it back to my buddies house and do it again.
i like it sandblasted bigtime!

1. you cant scratch it up like smooth stainless

2. it looks like a titanium jester now
DRod

Post by DRod »

RIOT wrote:i like it sandblasted bigtime!

1. you cant scratch it up like smooth stainless

2. it looks like a titanium jester now
now theres an idea...

Titanium handle, H1 blade. HMMM.
DRod

Post by DRod »

Some pics from last night. No daylight pics, its raining bawls outside. Kinda hard to believe sometimes that my phone takes such great pictures.

DRod

Post by DRod »

Hot ****. I got my Tasman Salt yesterday and didn't even know it.
I won the auction on Friday, and it was here on Saturday. That is fantastic. Spydieguys just got my business next to NGK. I bet it has alot to do with me being in Denison and it Spydieguys being in Coppell. lulz.
Wonder if he has a brick and mortar store.. hmm. Thats less than forty to fifty miles from me. HMMMM.

Told myself long ago that I'd never buy a hawkbill but after thinking about it, I cut alot of hose at work that carries chlorinated water and this would do NICELY with that. Its so bright. I tossed the idea around getting one for a while and someone here just said it, "Get one and see" Edit: Thank you Fairlane, great idea :) . So that day I bid and won one. :) This is my first Delica format handled Spyderco too. Might have to pick one up... maybe. Now I just need some high viz paracord for a nice lanyard.

Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

There you go!

Hawkbills excell when it comes to cutting rope, i would guess they would work equally good with hoses.

Enjoy your new knife!
DRod

Post by DRod »

:)
Thank you, I will.
DRod

Post by DRod »

Pulled some OT tonight, got off at 4AM. Got bored and snapped some pictars wif mah fone. lulz.

The NiteCore EX10 and Military go so well together. The Skeletool is great too. Mines got a little brown fur on it. (I say fur because I can't bring myself to say the "r" word) It got to close to some HCL fumes. :( And my trusty SS Parker Jotter. :)
Phalanx7.62

Post by Phalanx7.62 »

I don't know what it is, but that yellow Tasman Salt looks like a racecar reincarnated as a knife. Maybe it is the H1 font used or the color or the wicked looking blade. That is on my list now.
DRod

Post by DRod »

Gotta new camera, what better to take a picture of on a cool sunny Monday morning?

PaloArt

Post by PaloArt »

Hey great pics my friend... Thanks for sharing.... wth i just droll on my keyboard.

Keep it up!!!! ;)
“There's no friends like the old friends.” James Joyce, Dubliners
cwt

Post by cwt »

I love that D2 metal stuck in the tree... and the DAllara pics. So few seem to take pics (or like?) the DAllara on here, but it was my first Spydie and I love it. Combo edge tho, not the plain edge seen here. What do you think of it?
DRod

Post by DRod »

I like it alot but it honestly doesnt find its way into my pocket much anymore.