MT02P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM®-M4

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

MT02P will be available for sale on Wednesday, 22-Oct-2008 at 1000 (10:00 a.m.) MDT.

All sales will be handled by the Spyderco Factory Outlet store online at http://www.spyderco.com.

Maximum Purchase Allowed: 2

Cost: $69.95 each

Domestic Shipping:
Domestic shipments are free

International Shipping:

International shipments will be sent out according to our new International Shipping Schedule:
Shopping Cart Total: $0-$99 - Shipping/Handling Charge $25
Shopping Cart Total: $100-$399 - Shipping/Handling Charge $35
Shopping Cart Total: $400 and higher - Shipping/Handling Charge $50

International shipments will be via USPS (yes, US Postal Service) International Priority Mail. Please be aware, we will have limited tracking capabilities. Tracking once it leaves the US is dependent upon the postal services outside the US and their ability to provide it. However, this will completely eliminate UPS Brokerage Fees.

About CPM®-M4:
CPM-M4 is a high-speed, wear resistant, tool steel. It is non-stainless steel. Its high content of Molybdenum and Tungsten gives it a fine grain size, greater strength, hardness and toughness. It is a triple temper heat treat to make it as tough as possible without brittleness. The grinding combined with the triple temper heat treating process can cause warping up to 50 thousandths (.050) of an inch which is not enough to affect the performance of the knife. CPM-M4 will provide high edge retention and impact resistance with an Rc of 58-63, you’ll also find it’s relatively easy to sharpen.
There is nothing more important than this one day.
jeffbr

Post by jeffbr »

Woohoo! Thanks! I'm really excited to try out the M4 steel.
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

Great News. Can't wait to try this steel out.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
CWO

Post by CWO »

Yes! :cool: :D :)
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Wow, This will be fun :D

(But I did notice... The first two mules are non-stainless...)
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
brj

Post by brj »

MUST get 2 of these !!!
thanks for the heads up, Kristi :)
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

Any particular reason there has to be a pre-announcement? Since the particulars have been worked out, why not just post them in the store for purchase?
Anvilsmith

Post by Anvilsmith »

Thanks for the update. It will be fun for us experimenters. :spyder:
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

sovereign wrote:Any particular reason there has to be a pre-announcement? Since the particulars have been worked out, why not just post them in the store for purchase?
Yes, we wanted to give everyone ample notice. Some people don't log in to the forums everyday. In the first go around we had several people who felt that they missed out. I know we have a few members here who because of their service in the military are only able to log in every few days.

This also allows people to make whatever arrangements are necessary on their end.

We had a great deal of feedback after the first run. We wanted to work out as many issues as possible.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

sovereign wrote:Any particular reason there has to be a pre-announcement?
Nope. They could have just sprung this on us Wednesday. "They're here, come and get 'em". I actually appreciate knowing all the particulars (a little) ahead of time. (Thanks Taz!)
sovereign wrote:Since the particulars have been worked out, why not just post them in the store for purchase?
If I understand correctly, Spyderco will only post for sale, what they actually have for sale at that moment. I understand your point but that's just the way it is....

Ken
玉鋼
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

By the way, I want two!
:D

Ken
玉鋼
sovereign

Post by sovereign »

kbuzbee wrote:Nope. They could have just sprung this on us Wednesday. "They're here, come and get 'em". I actually appreciate knowing all the particulars (a little) ahead on time. (Thanks Taz!)

Ken
This will also give those who wish to purchase more than the 2 per customer limit ample time to arrange multiple accounts to do so. I expect these to be for sale on Ebay for $150 a couple of months from now...
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

Thanks Kristi! Are the production numbers the same as the first Mule run?
gac

Post by gac »

$70? Oof, a bit higher than Mule #1. Is M4 tougher to work with or just more expensive stock?

11 AM my time. I'll have to bring my wallet to work on Wednesday.

EDIT: I still need to order a dang kydex sheath.
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Kristi, Thanks for the advance notice, appreciate it a lot! The loooooooooong wait has an end.
I will take one ... yep only one ... I'll share "my" second Mule with another lucky knife-brother ;)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
JD Spydo

The wait is over

Post by JD Spydo »

I've been waiting a long time to get a Spyder with M-4 blade steel. This is truly good news indeed. I sure hope that they decide to do a couple of folders in M-4 as well.

I truly believe that the Manix, Military, Chinook III, and maybe even bring back the Temperance FB as well with M-4 would just simply be apropos for discriminating steel lovers.

I'll sure be in line for this one. >> :spyder: JD :spyder:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
butch

Post by butch »

gac wrote:$70? Oof, a bit higher than Mule #1. Is M4 tougher to work with or just more expensive stock?

11 AM my time. I'll have to bring my wallet to work on Wednesday.

EDIT: I still need to order a dang kydex sheath.
ooo yes and oo yes

the hardness is kind of wide is that right or was that just what M4 can be used between for good use
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Hi Kristi,

How many pieces were produced in this steel?

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
araneae

Post by araneae »

sovereign wrote:This will also give those who wish to purchase more than the 2 per customer limit ample time to arrange multiple accounts to do so. I expect these to be for sale on Ebay for $150 a couple of months from now...
There are always a few turds in the world...however I am sure Spyderco's crew will try their best to assure that it is as fair as possible and that the limit of 2 will be enforced to the best of their ability. The notice is nice to have and I'm sure many appreciate it.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

sovereign wrote:This will also give those who wish to purchase more than the 2 per customer limit ample time to arrange multiple accounts to do so. I expect these to be for sale on Ebay for $150 a couple of months from now...
Don't recall seeing anywhere that an "account" is needed. Plus they "might get a tad suspicious of 12 people with the same delivery address. Plus, I'd bet if someone were planning that kind of shenanigans, they'd have had their "network" set up long before this.
butch wrote:the hardness is kind of wide is that right or was that just what M4 can be used between for good use
Am guessing those numbers, and that whole segment of Kristi's post, is a quote from Crucible literature.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!