So who else EDCs a flashlight?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DRod

So who else EDCs a flashlight?

Post by DRod »

I've been carrying a Minimag for the past couple of years. I used them to look inside my machines while they are running. I upped the MiniMag with the one watt NiteIze single LED and tail cap a year or so ago but this past week it crapped out on me. :(
So I decided to spring for a NICER light but not SureFire expensive. I did a bit of research and found the NiteCores D10 and EX10 for a mid level price..
I jumped on the EX10 with the new Golden Dragon + LED and I couldn't be more happier. This thing is a venerable photon cannon compared to the larger MiniMag. Im blown away. Love it.
Couple of pics from my celly.
The last one is a comparison between a standard 1watt LED MiniMag and the EX10 GD+
<Minimag - EX10>

So, do you carry a light?
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
TVOSK

Post by TVOSK »

I carry a Surefire E2D Defender...Great light...
Courage is rightly esteemed to first of human qualities... because it is the quality that guarantees all others. -Winston Churchill
The Mad Mule

Post by The Mad Mule »

TVOSK wrote:I carry a Surefire E2D Defender...Great light...
Yar, I carry the updated version of it (the water-resistant dual-output LED model), and I find it too uncomfortable to carry EDC, esp. in jeans and with my BlackBerry and other knives in my pocket, so I just carry it around at night.

Funnily enough, so far everybody thinks it's just another flashlight...watch me save lives with it sooner or later. :p
:spyder: Lava
:spyder: Delica4 Emerson Opener [PE]
:spyder: Tasman Salt [SE]
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

I generally carry a couple. I've been carrying a Fenix L2D in the leg pocket of my carpenter jeans next to my ZDP Endura and a cheap Dorcy single AAA on my keyring.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Mr. Shawn

Post by Mr. Shawn »

Great choice, DRod! I will receive my GD+ EX10 in the mail tomorrow, so I totally appreciate your post here and your 2 posts on CPF.

Since you asked, I always carry Fenixes: a P3D Q5 and L0D clipped to my pockets, one E01 on a lanyard around my neck, and another E01 on my keychain. I am sure I will be adding the EX10 to my daily carry. Party on!
"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton (American novelist and short-story writer, 1862-1937)
DRod

Post by DRod »

Hah. :)
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
Knifekulture

Post by Knifekulture »

I alternate between a Nitecore EX10 and a Surefire E1B.
My :spyder: collection: C36CF90VP-C36GP-C81GBK-C121P-C117P-C07P-C07LCFS-C110P-FB11
deeker

Post by deeker »

Either / Or:
I've got an older CMG Infinity Ultra that bumps around in the bottom of my pocket. Not overly bright, but that's good for checking in on the kids at night. It has decent run time on single AA's. When I'm planning on being out for the evening / night I carry a Fenix P2D.
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

I normally EDC the Gerber version of the Infinity in my pocket. Surefire 6P LED & E2D LED in my daypack.
Tank

Post by Tank »

An AAA Arc-p on my keychain.. and also carry a Fenis L2D alot. My second keychain has an E01
-John
bigkahunasix

Post by bigkahunasix »

Inova x5 in my jeans and an E2D in my jacket.
Been packing at least two Spyderco knives a day since 1984

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheKnifeCollector

Post by TheKnifeCollector »

To Orb.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
LowSpeedHighDrag

Post by LowSpeedHighDrag »

I tried but I just dont like having stuffed pockets.
MOLON LABE
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

glockfire wrote:I tried but I just dont like having stuffed pockets.
You need a smaller light :D

Sverre

PS! I carry either an upgraded HDS EDC, EX10 or NDI
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Ha! What light don't I carry.

My new Olight M20 arrived yesterday! I got it for over 50% off, brand new! :D
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Right now a Q5 Fenix P2D and a NiteCore D10(not the GD)
raggasonic

Post by raggasonic »

I carry my Nitecore DI daily, and just grab my modded Surefire 6P when I go out at night.
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
Work horse or shelf queen, I made my decision
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

I'm interested in getting a Surefire to EDC. I did a few internet searches and looked extensively at SF's website, but I still can't find any info on where they are made. Does anyone know? Are they assembled in the US from foreign sourced components?
Shike

Post by Shike »

Surefire L1 Digital!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Doc Pyres wrote:I'm interested in getting a Surefire to EDC. I did a few internet searches and looked extensively at SF's website, but I still can't find any info on where they are made. Does anyone know? Are they assembled in the US from foreign sourced components?
Surefire lights are 100% American-made. That's the good news....

Bad news is, as of Sept. 1, 2008 ~ Surefire prices went up! As much as 30 - 35% on a couple of popular LED lights. And a ridiculous 65% on a couple of LED Surefire heads. This is the 2nd time in the company's history that they have jacked up their prices, with zero improvements to their models. (First time was back in 2003).

Still, they are some of the best lights you'll ever find. Tell us how you'll likely use your Surefire light, and we can give you recommendations as to which one will be best for your needs.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: