Musical Instruments

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
slice22358

Musical Instruments

Post by slice22358 »

Well I haven't see a thread like this on here, so what instruments do you play if any?

I currently play a Fender 60th Anniversary Strat out of a Fender Vibrolux amp, and also a Seagull S6+ Folk acoustic.

Anyone else?
tigerose123

Music

Post by tigerose123 »

Hey, good to see some other musicians on here. I play a 2008 American Standard Stratocaster through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp. I also have a Ovation acoustic, those are my two main guitars, but I actually have about 13 guitars in all :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

keep playin
TxR

FRN Endura PE
SS Cricket SE
FRN Delica SE
FRN Native PE
SS Harpy SE
G10 Caly3 SE 089
G10 Barong PE
G10 Military PE:spyder:
FRN Jester PE:spyder:
52100 Mule Team PE 122
SS Dragonfly PE
White FRN Dragonfly PE
Grey FRN Endura Wave PE
MOP/Abalone Kiwi PE:spyder:

EDC: Kiwi, Military, Jester

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE:
slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

Wow how do you find the money to support both your guitar and spydie habit? Man I wish I could do that.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Piano, Organ, Harmonica, Mandolin, Uke, Bongo and Conga, Kazoo...If you can show me where the notes are I can play anything....some not as good as others though LOL....The Chinese have an ancient expression: " The man who cannot play a musical instrument is a man without soul" This quote was way before the term soul music was ever coined....a couple of thousand years before to be exact.... Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
The Mad Mule

Post by The Mad Mule »

Started out really young on the piano, then started clarinet in middle school, then by the end of that I was a tenor sax, marched as one all throughout high school, and still am as I play for my college pep band. ;)
:spyder: Lava
:spyder: Delica4 Emerson Opener [PE]
:spyder: Tasman Salt [SE]
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

I have played electric bass for twenty-three years, semi-pro for recording studios and live performance for over a decade of that time. I am currently playing a matched set of Yamaha BB300 four-string basses (fretted and fretless), Schecter 5-string bass, Schecter Omen and Damien 6-string electric guitars, Washburn electric (my favorite), Alvarez 12-string acoustic, Hagstrom classical, and Taylor Big Baby acoustic). I also play piano and drums well enough to embarrass myself.

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

Wow - this is going back a ways :) I used to play electric bass - mine is an American Standard Jazz Bass (I think about 15-20 years old now....), midnite burgundy (one of 25 of this color), white pick guard, swamp ash body with the neck thinned out. Yes, it went thru the custom shop :) Friend of mine modded the pickups to so it would "growl" cleaner on Low E :) I picked it up to jam with some friends for the first time in about 5 years a couple of months ago. Forgot how much I missed playing :)
Ainsley

Post by Ainsley »

I've ended up with a few guitars but I mostly play my PRS singlecut through my bogner Shiva Half Stack. Other options include my US standard Tele with Seymour duncan classic stacks, my Ltd. ed. Epi. Sheraton II with Dimarzio Classic PAFs, Custom Gibson Les Paul Studio with the same Pups, or Mexican Strat with SD duckbuckers. I also have a Fender Blues Jr. for when the Bogner is too much to haul around.
Majidoc

Post by Majidoc »

Sax and Kazoo
Life is a process not an event!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Sunburst BC Rich L.A. Series guitar - not professionally :p , but I have fun. I have a harmonica, but haven't practiced it enough to say I play it, so I'll say I "play" it.

- best wishes, Jazz.
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

I've been playing bass for around 5 or 6 years now, i play a ken Smith designs proto-J, fretless 4 string. I also play drums, piano. violin, and banjo well enough to embarrass myself.
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Classically trained on piano and violin; later switched to viola. Also play bass guitar 6-string guitar--rhythm player mind you, not lead!!! and some percussion (tambourine, maracas, whatever...).

briefly took trombone; didn't like it.

piano I've continued to play all my life. Guitar and bass came later and they've been with me for many years as well...

I've played professionally in everything from orchestras to string quartets to jazz bands to rock bands to theater music (including writing & performing the music for two local plays), and have loved every minute! :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
The Sun

Post by The Sun »

i just picked up a 2002 gibson les paul gothic, and i've been playin that lately. before that it was one of my other pauls, or my B.C. Rich Bernie Rico Mockingbird.
Be who you are and say what you feel: because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Chivers

Chivers

Post by Chivers »

Tin whistle! I’ve got six, best of which is a Feadog high D, although the Dixon is also good for the money. Now, if I had the money, I’d splash out on a Thin Weasel which has got to be the ultimate. I can also get a tune out of a chromatic harp. I reckon if I hadn’t been forced to take piano lessons as a kid I’d have been a really keen musician, but you know how it is, coercion is a killer when you’re young. I reckon everyone should be free to make their own choice in music, reading matter, poetry, cars, knives...
If anyone doubts there’s such a thing as a whistle nut, check out the chiff and fipple website. It’s run by people with a sense of humour.
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

http://www.myspace.com/emptyfm

I play piano and compose little things
picobrain

Post by picobrain »

I play electric guitar (Steinberger) thru GuitarRig3,
mainly experimental improvisation with a lot of effects,
and also midiguitar to software synth.
I also like to hear music from around the world :}

peace
Shike

Post by Shike »

I have been into music almost as long as I have been into Martial Arts.
I currently have a Contreras Classical guitar, a Roca Requinto guitar, a Full set of LP latin drums and hand percussion instruments and I am teaching myself to play the Native American flute. One that I built meself.
deeker

Post by deeker »

I play drums and can fake it well enough to fool some people on the bass guitar.

I've got a nice 5-piece DW kit, an old white Ludwig jazz kit (with 18" kick), and a Roland electronic kit. I find I'm playing the Roland kit more now that there are kids in the house, plus - it's easier on my head.
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

Alto Sax but realistically I haven't played more than the odd note for years. Living in flats (I'd guess you'd call them apartments in the US) isn't exactly conducive to practising.
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

I play the trumpet and flügelhorn. Have a couple of them including a Schilke B1, a vintage Bach Strad 37 (see below), an Olds Ambassador, some Yamahas and others.

Dennis