What about GITD FRN handle ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
raggasonic

What about GITD FRN handle ?

Post by raggasonic »

Well, last year I've turned into flashlights, and then I discovered that there were some with glow-in-the-dark push-button. I remember I told my wife it would be nice and useful to get your hand on your flashlight when you really need it, in the dark.
And it is :D

And last week, I was on a trip in the south of France because of my work, and suddenly I noticed that my Salt 1 wasn't in my pocket :eek:
I've been looking for it for about 30 minutes, in the car, in my laptop case, in my backpack, anywhere. Without any success. I was really worried because it's my EDC at work, a real soldier.

Finally, my boss just came to my desk with my lovely Salt in is hand, he found it under the driver seat, in the car of the firm...
But I DID look at there :(

So, an idea came out : What about GITD FRN handles :spyder: ?

Salt knives are made to be used next to water (sea, river, etc...), won't you feel more comfortable, knowing you could see your knife and get it back, even if it's drowning in dark water ?
I'm sure we can find many examples of situations where a GITD handle would be great.

What do you think about it ?
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
Work horse or shelf queen, I made my decision
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Raggasonic,

Your english is fine.

Funny you would mention that. We're studying some GITD plastic for a project we're working on for the Coast guard.

My desk is full of these little pieces of glowing plastic.

If it works well for our needs, we'll surely look closer. Thanx for the suggestion.

sal
raggasonic

Post by raggasonic »

You surely have protypes you wanna get rid of ? :D
Work horse or shelf queen, I made my decision
krazichinaman

Post by krazichinaman »

People have talked about using GITD nailpoilish to "paint" the spyder on the FRN handles. I tried it, but the polish my GF gave me didn't glow...so I just had a shiny :spyder: . When I get the chance, I'm going to try it again with new polish!
________
Bmw E38 History
________
party Cam