You just never know until you get one in your hands..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Veegun

You just never know until you get one in your hands..

Post by Veegun »

I got my 1st Endura today in the mail.

WHOLEY freakin tamales bat boy, this thing is huge!

I feel like Errol Flynn with this in my pocket.

Looking at pictures just doesn't cut it sometimes.

I need to find a store that has all the :spyder: in a case.

I bet this happens a lot, big or small.
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

Congrats.

The Endura is a GREAT knife...

I wouldn't quite go and call it "Huge" Its a fair size ... ;) :p

I've got 3 Endura's soon to be 4 :D Be sure to check out the Waved models. Its a pretty cool little "toy"

-ClocK

:cool:
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

funny thing is. I started with the beautiful endura SE, then PE. moved on to a native cuz I thought it was just too darn big to carry. then a few various other companies, then my delica 4 wave (great size), then the caly3 (almost the same as the d4 in size), then the para just a bit bigger (LOVE this knife), Last week I picked up a Tenacious. actually set beside my old endura 1 it's slightly longer in actual sharpened blade area, but I don't think it seems too big.

I think a part of the reason the endura just feels so huge is how thin the handle is, so it's just a smooth big knife (same with the police). Once you put a big beefy handle and thicker blade on a knife of the same size, it doesn't seem near as big.

*shrugs* my 2 cents. Still love the old endura, and carry it now and again for old times sake.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

The Endura has a good size to it. Although when compared to other Spydies like a Manix or Military you realize it's not as big as you first thought. It's very slim profile may be a little deceiving. Makes it seem larger. Compared to the Delica or the LBK's it would look huge. Enjoy your new Endura!
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Veegun

Post by Veegun »

I thought my Dlarra long...

I got big mitts, don't get me wrong, I love the Endura's size.

Nice shade of green too.
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

It will "shrink" over time. ;)
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Simple Man wrote:It will "shrink" over time. ;)
Very true. I used to think that the Military was too huge for EDC, until I started using it. Now the Military is 'normal' to me and anything smaller seems tiny.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Veegun wrote:I got my 1st Endura today in the mail.

WHOLEY freakin tamales bat boy, this thing is huge!

I thought the same thing when I got one. The funny thing is it really does seem smaller after some EDC time. I love the look on my wifes face when she asks to borrow my knife and I hand her the E4. Once she even said "I asked for a knife, not a machete" :eek: :D
After enlightenment, the laundry.
pablo7

Post by pablo7 »

That makes two of us I just recieved an endura 4 PE today and i'm very happy.... also being used to right hand tip down on all my knives .....this one came tip up, right hand set up.....and i'm digging it.....i carry my knives in my right rear pocket tip down, and tip up eliminates that little extra manuver before engaging the thumb hole..........was worried about a possible slip up but there's almost no chance of it opening up on accident....cheers
:spyder: S90V~C36CF90VP
:spyder: VG-10~C10PBK
:spyder: VG-10~C10PSBBK
:spyder: VG-10~C28PET
:spyder: M390V~C36CFM390P

:spyder:Comming Soon/VG-10 spin:spyder::mad::mad::mad:
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -Spin-Pics
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

I would have to agree, once it gets some EDC time it will seem not so big. I bought a forrester a while back, and realized my others were now and will always be puny.
I have a small collection.. At least in my mind its small. All respect to Sal and this great company! Collector Club Member #120
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Very seldom do I receive a new model knife that is exactly the size I thought it would be. They are almost always either bigger or smaller than I expected. I took delivery today on a lightly used Harpy. As large as this model looms in discussions here, it is smaller than I expected. IT is a little smaller than the molded clip Merlin I've been carrying around, which surprised me a bit.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

yablanowitz wrote:Very seldom do I receive a new model knife that is exactly the size I thought it would be. They are almost always either bigger or smaller than I expected.
Spot on. Does anyone else tend to be more disappointed when they turn out to be smaller rather than larger? :o ;) :D
My most recent acquisition has been a Manix. I was quite surprised quite how big it was despite checking the stats fairly carefully. The blade and handle may not be much bigger than a Tenacious but it feels massive in comparison.
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder:Awe yes; The Endura...One of Spyderco's finest :eek: :cool: :cool: :spyder:
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!