New Member - no longer a lurker :)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderwings

Post by Spyderwings »

Great to see you here Jens. I must admit that at first the Rock Lobster looked very strange to me, but it has been growing on me since to the point that I would really like to try one out.

Where abouts are you in Denmark? I haven't been there since 1996, but it sure is a beautiful country.
- Jason Dalsgaard
Current Spyders > C81GPBK Para-Military > C14SBK Rescue 93mm > C11P Delica 4 > FB05P Temperance > C29S Cricket > C14OR Full Sized Rescue > C90CF Stretch II > C12SBK Matriarch (VG-10)
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

Welcome! I like your knives :D
Ansoknives

Post by Ansoknives »

The Rocklobster was designed a general utility piece as is most of my designs....long ago I gave up designing knives for specific purposes. I find that the knife you carry in your pocket should be usefull for just about any task you come across during your day and I feel my designs including the Rock Lobsters signals that.... I often get emails from people telling me that this or that of my designs would be PERFECT for a specific purpose...the customer or end user is the one who should figure out their knife needs and find the knife that suits him/her for that purpose...

I try to make my designs very user friendly while being interesting to look at and being uniquely designed. The Rocklobster would fit many purposes around the kitchen and the boat but in my opinion should serve just as well as an every day carry piece. The handle design makes it very good on drawcuts and you get a really tight, secure grip....!I wanted it to be a thin, strong piece so I asked Sal to make it in similar construction as the Military which is one of my favorite Spyderco designs. I am very satiesfied with the result and really look forward to hear from you guys how you like the design when it gets released!

I live in Jutland around Aarhus....my wife and eye own a very old house that used to be a dairy some 125 years ago up til late 60´s ....which means lots of space for my workshop :)

ED!! as allways I enjoy our conversations...it was nice to talk in person again....and nice to see the new protos....also THANKS for the book....I was impressed your remembered!

Jens
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder:Hi, and welcome to Spyderforums sir; It's a pleasure to have you here :) I enjoy veiwing, and "lurking" at your work...Simpley Awesome!!!! I have two questions for you...If you don't mind :spyder: 1:How much? 2:When can I get a Rocklobster? :rolleyes: :D
Serious question now; How did you come up with the name for this 'Beaut'?
Enjoy your stay, and we look forward to future conversations with you :)
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

Mr Blonde wrote:Welcome on board Mr. Anso! I'd like to some of your other designs to become collaborations as well. Like the Model 3 outbreak: http://www.testlab-outbreak.com/model03.htm

Wouter
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder:W :eek: W That truely is Magnanimus(AWESOME) :cool: GREAT WORK Anso :)
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
Clay Kesting

Post by Clay Kesting »

Hi Jens,

It's great to have you aboard here. I recall a very pleasant couple of days wandering around Aarhus back in 1973 as part of the " great European adventure" that most young Aussies do. Just one more reason to buy a Rock Lobster, as if I needed one :) .

cheers,
clay
"The best boats are either small enough to carry home, or big enough to live on." Phillip C. Bolger (1927-2009)
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Thanks for the update Jens. What was that release date for Rock Lobster again?
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jens,

Thanx for stopping in. Thanx also for the time in Atlanta. Good time. We just got in from Seki yeterday.

I understand the first shipment of Rock Lobster's is coming soon. 'Bout time huh?

sal
Crowbar1

Welcome Jens

Post by Crowbar1 »

It was a pleasure to meet you in Atlanta.I hope to see you and the crew there again next year.
rbmcmjr

Post by rbmcmjr »

This collaboration drew me out of the shadows as well. I am very excited to see how this turns out. I have a couple of Jens' fixed blades and just grabbed one of the custom Rock Lobsters. It's all coming together....

Rick
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Welcome to the Spyderco Forums Rick! Enjoy your stay! :D

You have got to post some pics of your custom Rock Lobster!
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Ansoknives

Post by Ansoknives »

thats funny Clay as I remember this European walking around the streets of Sidney when I was on a similar trip some 16 years ago....was in Aussy land for about 5 months....traveling the East coast...good times!

Sal...! thats excellent news ...really looking forward to seing them hit the street...!!

Aaron....from what I have heard it is mid to late September...but that is second hand knowledge...
Burchtree

Post by Burchtree »

Hey Jens! I can't wait to get my hands on a production Anso. :)
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Yet another USN'er: and favorite Knifemaker I didnt know was a member here. WELCOME MICHAEL!!! :D
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
GeorgeMaggos

Wow 2 great knifemakers

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

Ansoknives wrote:
Sal...! thats excellent news ...really looking forward to seing them hit the street...!!
Burchtree wrote: Hey Jens! I can't wait to get my hands on a production Anso. :)
Hey Jens & Michael,

Wow, this is cool, 2 of my favorite custom bladesmiths in the same thread on the Spyderco forum man thats great : )

Maybe a Spydie collab is in the works with Burch? That would be sweet ;)

~George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

GMaggos wrote: Maybe a Spydie collab is in the works with Burch? That would be sweet ;)

~George

A smashing idea if I do say so myself my dear George!!
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23