Spyderco supports China and the eroding of our jobs!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
McBain

Post by McBain »

Peanut butter and that marshmallow Fluff stuff!!! WooHoo, sugary goodness.
-The children are right to laugh at you Ralph, these things couldn't cut butter-
Levi

Post by Levi »

To Whom It May Concern:

I just received a new knife, a UKPK. Upon receiving the knife I looked and saw that the knife is made in the USA. I am very disappointed in your support for the USA. Why do you support America and make your knives here? Do you enjoy supporting "collateral damage", environmental destruction and allowing your fellow Americans to lose their lives in combat?

Are you not a moral company? Why pay more tax to the US government than you have to? I see that you are now having knives made in China as well. Thumbs up. Value for money and a lack of interest in support for your country.

I wish Sal would read this email. I'd like to let him know how 'American' his company has become. And that I will no longer purchase his knives. But I doubt very much that he will ever see this email or care at all. It's all about lining his pockets and taking jobs away from people who don't have as many choices as we do. Shame on you Spyderco and Sal. Continuing work in America? Congrats on helping to slowly erode our planet.

Japanese steel is one thing, as it is superior. But you should know how pi$$-poor most modern American products are and that they are not a country that the world should support. They are taking away our freedom and our ability to provide a safe environment for our children (unless you're Sal and you live in America!) They are poisoning our children with religious dogma! I think it's disgusting that you find supporting these "anti-environment, warmongering child corrupters".

I dare you to send this to Sal. I know you won't do it.

Thanks for your time and your support of the American empire of terror!

(sent to Spyderco customer service)

Don't take that too seriously; I just think being blindly patriotic is a very dangerous thing, and it's healthy to get a different perspective every now and then. This doesn't represent my own personal views, just some of the sentiments floating around.

I don't want to support the Chinese government any more or less than I want to support the US or even UK government (they're all as bad as each other... mostly) but I've no problem supporting the people of any nation (except those darn French! ;) ), and when it comes down to it, who do I want to give my money to; people who earn $10 an hour or those who earn $10 a week?
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

I actually work for some Chinese people.
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

McBain wrote:Peanut butter and that marshmallow Fluff stuff!!! WooHoo, sugary goodness.
Huh? That does sound good or at least worth trying!

My dog likes Kong toys stuffed with peanut butter... Can't say that I've tried it though. :p
amen74

Post by amen74 »

I'll be right back. I'm going to go have another PB & J sandwich. :p

Made in the U S Of A!!!! :D
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

McBain wrote:Peanut butter and that marshmallow Fluff stuff!!! WooHoo, sugary goodness.
Oh yeah, we called em Fluffer-Nutters...good stuff
Billy

Post by Billy »

Levi wrote:Don't take that too seriously; I just think being blindly patriotic is a very dangerous thing, and it's healthy to get a different perspective every now and then. This doesn't represent my own personal views, just some of the sentiments floating around.

I don't want to support the Chinese government any more or less than I want to support the US or even UK government (they're all as bad as each other... mostly) but I've no problem supporting the people of any nation (except those darn French! ;) ), and when it comes down to it, who do I want to give my money to; people who earn $10 an hour or those who earn $10 a week?
Nicely done Levi...nuff said.

Did I mention I used to put peanut butter on my hot dogs when I was a kid?
Strangely delicious... :p
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Yeah, I haven't posted yet, but I would like to mention that both types of boxes I have (the older grey, and the newer black and red) do not have any typing of any sorts about where the box was made or printed.

Personally, I love peanut butter and honey, but also popcorn and peanut M&Ms, and french fries dipped in chocolate shake.

Just don't feed it to the trolls :p
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

BC Chris Lappe wrote:Dude, cant understand you, is there something wrong with your keyboard?

Where was it made?
Think you win the "best post" contest for this thread Chris. If they had rep points here I'd be giving you some. :D
pedro navaja wrote:PB & Guava recipe
2 slices of Bread
Spread cream cheese on one of the slices
Spread Peanut Butter in the other
Put a few slices of Guava paste in between and construct a sandwich
Enjoy!
Mmmmm, guava paste! Oh man, I love that stuff. Haven't had it for a while though, the local stores here seem to have stopped carrying the Ancel brand, and the Goya just doesn't do it for me.
cobrajoe wrote:Yeah, I haven't posted yet, but I would like to mention that both types of boxes I have (the older grey, and the newer black and red) do not have any typing of any sorts about where the box was made or printed.

Personally, I love peanut butter and honey, but also popcorn and peanut M&Ms, and french fries dipped in chocolate shake.

Just don't feed it to the trolls :p
Joe, I've found the same thing, so either it's the clam pack packaging or the OP's totally full of BS.

Peanut butter and honey is great too, another thing I haven't had for years. This thread may yet have a major negative impact on my waistline.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
pedro navaja

Post by pedro navaja »

The Deacon wrote:Think you win the "best post" contest for this thread Chris. If they had rep points here I'd be giving you some. :D

Mmmmm, guava paste! Oh man, I love that stuff. Haven't had it for a while though, the local stores here seem to have stopped carrying the Ancel brand, and the Goya just doesn't do it for me.

Joe, I've found the same thing, so either it's the clam pack packaging or the OP's totally full of BS.

Peanut butter and honey is great too, another thing I haven't had for years. This thread may yet have a major negative impact on my waistline.
Ahh, a guava paste connoisseur. Ancel is dissapearing from the markets; perhaps a bodega might carry it or in the Big Apple. In Miami is still easy to find.

Pedro

The world is full of apathy, but I don't care

Arriel
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

globalisation is the main word here. Its a global economy and even though you do not like it it is happening. Its part of life. I don't agree with globalisation. It can be argued to be westernisation of the world and a bunch of stuff. Just deal with it.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
to_the_edge

Post by to_the_edge »

Just for the sake of argument, I'm going to use a metaphor for this debate: recycling. Hundreds of billions of tons of waste and trash are dumped worldwide a day. Yet we as individuals are told that we have the power to change the world. You can save the world by recycling that one soda can.
Most other knife companies already have dealings with China, most industries do for that matter. Laying the blame on Spyderco for the shortcomings of capitalism and trade the world over changes nothing. Lastly, yeah I know how bitter and cynical this sounds. :(
"... Regrets are better left unspoken, for all we know this void will grow and everything's in vain..."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wanted: Paramilitary PE, Kris, Lava, Streetbeat, Mini-Persian
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Wow,it just amazes me that this post can get so many replies. this should have died down by the second page atleast.
this guy has a personal grype/grudge,and needed some backup,to fuel the his fire.
i have to say from my standpoint,that im impressed with brands that get produced in China.
i mean basically everything gets produced/processed there in this day and age. ignorance is bliss.
Im enjoying my latest knife purchases both from China-GOODSTUFF!
DainBramage

Post by DainBramage »

I'll take a peanut butter and banana sammich anyday!!
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

pedro navaja wrote:Ahh, a guava paste connoisseur. Ancel is dissapearing from the markets; perhaps a bodega might carry it or in the Big Apple. In Miami is still easy to find.
I miss those "Elena Ruz" sandwiches with cream cheese and guava ;) :p
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
shu

Post by shu »

Great thread--I can't believe I have never tried guava paste before!

But the best news is I found a local producer who sells honey just down the road from me... not only super with PB (on RYE bread, people) but it may also help alleviate seasonal allergies.

Truly Good & Good for you!
bluemist

Post by bluemist »

Global Economy "Get used to it!" Global Government, get used to that too.
spyder spyder spyder spyder
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

bluemist wrote:Global Economy "Get used to it!" Global Government, get used to that too.
That should be "fight it"
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

I could easily devise an elaborate argument which would totally put this rabble-rouser down. But I don't feel like taking the time. Everyone on this forum knows how it actually is. I think Spyderco is actually slowly moving to all Golden production, is it not?
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
stoneman

Post by stoneman »

C'mon guys. 10 pages of this garbage is more than enough. The op hasn't even bothered responding to anyone's comments. I'm sure Tazkristi has tons of stuff on her plate already and you know she'll eventually chime in to tell us that's enough already. Lets do her a favour and let this die so she can save a few keystrokes and not have to lock it. :spyder: :spyder: :) :spyder: :spyder:
-Steph
-"How many of those spyder thingies do you really need? "-my girlfriend-
_ SERENITY NOW!!!!!- Frank Costanza