Spyderco supports China and the eroding of our jobs!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

skateORdie wrote:I have 5 Chris Reeve knives. Totally USA made baby. Did I pay alot more for them? Yes. Since you guys love to own a million knives and love to pay cheap prices (even Spyderco's are considered cheap) you are the problems. Your support is the problem. I buy Surefires and Chris Reeves knives and Arc AAA lights. I pay more for them to support our country. I do not buy, nor will I ever, a Fenix light. Doesn't anyone have any pride left in their country? Go move to China since you love their goods so much.

Oh and sorry to have to "school" you guys but one of the first things I learned that relates to this on so many levels is -

"IF EVERYONE JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE WOULD YOU DO IT?" I personally do not. You idiots can do whatever you like and support who ever you like. We can make a difference. Also, I do not shop at Walmart, are you kidding?

Spyderco jumped off the bridge along with everyone else. Congratulations!

It's funny. You guys want your cheap cool knives so your willing to argue that it's ok, whatever. Jump off the bridge!

LOL. I buy mostly older USA Made spydercos, so sorry again but your stereotype is just more unsubstantiated bull.
I have a small collection.. At least in my mind its small. All respect to Sal and this great company! Collector Club Member #120
Spydiman

Post by Spydiman »

skateORdie wrote:I have 5 Chris Reeve knives. Totally USA made baby. Did I pay alot more for them? Yes. Since you guys love to own a million knives and love to pay cheap prices (even Spyderco's are considered cheap) you are the problems. Your support is the problem. I buy Surefires and Chris Reeves knives and Arc AAA lights. I pay more for them to support our country. I do not buy, nor will I ever, a Fenix light. Doesn't anyone have any pride left in their country? Go move to China since you love their goods so much.

Oh and sorry to have to "school" you guys but one of the first things I learned that relates to this on so many levels is -

"IF EVERYONE JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE WOULD YOU DO IT?" I personally do not. You idiots can do whatever you like and support who ever you like. We can make a difference. Also, I do not shop at Walmart, are you kidding?

It's funny. You guys want your cheap cool knives so your willing to argue that it's ok, whatever. Jump off the bridge!
Well, I don't know about everybody, but I'm sure many people here simply CANNOT AFFORD to collect Sebbies, or Surefires. Heck, I think the vast majority of the population would think of Spydercos as incredibly expensive(for a knife).

So we should either buy the $400 knives, or not buy any at all?
".........I've been called an "enemy of the planet" for not living within walking distance of where I work and shop - by a guy with six kids! Needless to say he was a bit upset when I suggested he walk home and drown four or five of them."

-The Deacon
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

Good point. I guess if you use a knife as a construction worker or crab fishermen, its the 25th ann. delica or nothing. How dare us non elitest use knives for a purpose! Thats right, they were designed and produced to sit in a Safe, and never even go outside!
I have a small collection.. At least in my mind its small. All respect to Sal and this great company! Collector Club Member #120
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

Is that you Tomahawk!
Intentionally Left Blank
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

David Lowry wrote:Peanut butter and Honey bro. Mmmm..... good.
My brother's a beekeeper. Honey is amazing, and really, really good for you :)
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
stoneman

Post by stoneman »

you guys are right. can't say I'm a fan of peanut butter, but mmmm could I go for some raspberry jam!
-Steph
-"How many of those spyder thingies do you really need? "-my girlfriend-
_ SERENITY NOW!!!!!- Frank Costanza
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

thanks SPyderco for making the Tenescious, I have one and love it. I hope this gives you the chance to fund even more awesome projects than you already do!
Derkomai

Post by Derkomai »

:eek: Oh no, I think we have to boycott Chris Reeve from now on: he is using Italian instead of American calf skin! :mad:

http://www.chrisreeve.com/accessories.htm

What is that man thinking? Why is he doing this to his country? I for one would never ever want to support Italian economy. :D
skateORdie wrote:"IF EVERYONE JUMPED OFF A BRIDGE WOULD YOU DO IT?" I personally do not.
Well, we will just have to life with that thought. :cool:
"Spyderco, the edge of the world!"

"Wherever you go, go Spyderco!"

"Fear is often a good motivator, but seldom a good advisor"

"Integrity is being good even is no one is watching"™ Sal
rlw1979777

Post by rlw1979777 »

Amazingly enough, I bet you have no problem with how much budweiser we sell to china a year, ever drank heineken or Corona? Ever ate Kobe Beef, own anything that is made from Sony, Toshiba, Samsung? Have a LG Cell Phone? Ever Used Dell, HP, Apple Computers? Then you sir are a hypocrite.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

flipe8 wrote:My brother's a beekeeper. Honey is amazing, and really, really good for you :)
My great grandfather used to be a beekeeper too. I learned a lot from him and I like to eat comb honey too. I love bees. I order honey online from a local place about 50 miles from here and they ship it to me. It's not been heated or anything it's right from the hive.

Good stuff.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I should let it be known that my brother's queen bees are imported from Australia. **** Aussies!!!
Spyopera
SFKW sugilite Kiwi
CRK Small Sebenza 31
Far too many sold...:o

Trusting my own experience
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

I post in here only to laugh, as I do not feed trolls...

L O L
Derkomai

Post by Derkomai »

Hmm, yes, time for a little quark (curd cheese) with honey and sugar! ;)
"Spyderco, the edge of the world!"

"Wherever you go, go Spyderco!"

"Fear is often a good motivator, but seldom a good advisor"

"Integrity is being good even is no one is watching"™ Sal
Elsilrac1

Post by Elsilrac1 »

I like my bread toasted with my honey and PB!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

I was wondering why I smelled Honey and Peanut butter toast! :D

skateORdie...First of all, try talking WITH us, and not AT us, that approach can *sometimes* alleviate so called, "arguments". Second, ya wanna make a difference? Gimme one of those Reeves knives and make me a believer. I may be able to save up enough money to buy only CRK's! ;) I mean, cripes, ya got 5 of 'em... ;)

Pride in our country? Of course we take pride in our country, does this verse ring a bell:
"O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"
That's right, land of the FREE. Free to choose what kinds of knives to buy and use, and brave enough to say so.

Sir, your issues are obviously rooted deeper than Spyderco, but hey...at least ya said our cheap knives are "cool"! ;)

Have a God blessed day, and take care. :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
aj1985

Post by aj1985 »

I agree with you all I love Peanut butter and raspberry jam together :D .

Oh btw if you haven't tried daywalkers subcom, wharcom or subclaw your missing out bro.

The CLB designs, byrds and Teanacious are some of the best knives for the money period in their price category. You should really try them out before you make a decision.

I own customs, Sebbies and Striders and overall I think these are fine knives, but Spyderco is Spyderco. :D

Btw if you have so many sebbies why do you even buy Spydies.

aj
Live in every breath

INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

aj1985 wrote:I agree with you all I love Peanut butter and raspberry jam together :D .

Oh btw if you haven't tried daywalkers subcom, wharcom or subclaw your missing out bro.

The CLB designs, byrds and Teanacious are some of the best knives for the money period in their price category. You should really try them out before you make a decision.

I own customs, Sebbies and Striders and overall I think these are fine knives, but Spyderco is Spyderco. :D

Btw if you have so many sebbies why do you even buy Spydies.

aj
Aloha aj,

mahalo bro...I suspect he buys Spyderco's because this is the land of the FREE, remember? He is venting, and sometimes we ALL need to do that. I know where he is coming from, but I don't think a good starting point is here for such matters. ;)

Eh, ya guys gotta try PB and Guava jelly on buttered toast! ;) Uh oh, I mentioned butter...wonder if Jeff is gonna wake up now? :D

God bless ya aj, and take care bro!
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
FLYcrash

Post by FLYcrash »

Awesome...

David, I've heard that a farmer's market just opened near my house that has fresh honey. I'm stoked. I missed today's because I went to my students' high school graduation, but there's always next week.

Peanut butter and honey on toasted bread, a nice cold glass of organic milk, a crunchy apple, some carrots...

Now there's a lunch you can depend on.

Good to see you, Chad!
arnon

honey or spyderco ????

Post by arnon »