Assault stories? heres mine

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Caly E wrote:I forgot to mention that they assaulted me with probes
this is what he looked like afterwards :p
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

The Mastiff wrote:My dog tried to steal my food one time when I went in the kitchen to grab a soda. After several years of therapy I got up the nerve to confront him about it. He just denied it so now I steal the neighbors paper every sunday. :o Joe
Hey, that happened to me too!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

KaliGman wrote: A really bare bones description of the incident for educational purposes if someone here asks a pertinent question and the story might help someone out, also maybe.
This is one reason why I am curious about you guy's stories. I just know next time I walk down a hallway and hear a door creak open behind me, I'm going to react differently.
Besides, an answer to a question that might help someone will only help them if they are placed into the same situation. So telling stories can only help.
I'm never going to fight just defensively ever again, that was just stupid. If someone is throwing punches at my face, even if I know them, I need to throw back. I'm not getting beat down like that again, and I don't want anyone else to either. I mean, yea, I did just want to share my story... I don't get to tell it too often, but also maybe someone would learn from it.

So if anyone has any cool play-by-play stories... shoot.
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

I would have just beat the crap out of him. Ya hit me, thats it your going to spend time in the hospital. You dnt actually need to use the knife, it always works well as a scare tactic. But in no way would I EVER call the police or let the law handle my problems.
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

Vincent wrote:I would have just beat the crap out of him. Ya hit me, thats it your going to spend time in the hospital. You dnt actually need to use the knife, it always works well as a scare tactic. But in no way would I EVER call the police or let the law handle my problems.
Nor would I, in most cases.
I didn't call the police. I didn't even want to press charges. They came to me in the hospital and asked me to. I didn't until about a week later when the kid called me from a private number and told me he didn't regret it and that he had whooped my ***. He also threatened to kill me if I didn't break up with that girl. Whatever, I wanted to anyways. :D He was stupid...
I actually knew where he was hiding, so he got caught. I went easy on him in court, because I really didn't care that much, which my parents were angry about. He just got probation on 2nd degree assault charges.

Edit: I thought the kid was a friend of mine, thats why I didn't immediately fight back. I won't make the same mistake again.

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

I don't throw the first punch, but I make sure I throw the last one. You might be surprised how fast an elbow to the chin/neck will put someone down ;)
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Deleted content due to the direction this thread is going...
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

vampyrewolf wrote:I don't throw the first punch, but I make sure I throw the last one. You might be surprised how fast an elbow to the chin/neck will put someone down ;)
Haha yea, elbows will do it. I was boxing with a buddy of mine, and when we box, pretty much anything goes besides elbows/knees to the face. Heheh I elbowed him in the throat and he hit the mat so hard.

Any of you guys heard of foot wrestling? It's really fun and a good way to train for balance and whatnot. Just lock your hands behind your backs and try to knock each other down using just your shoulders/torso/elbows for leverage and your legs for tripping. Its incredibly fun to throw someone down over your leg using your elbows.
First one down or with hands unlocked loses.

Zozo*HC*

Post by Zozo*HC* »

vampyrewolf wrote:I don't throw the first punch, but I make sure I throw the last one. You might be surprised how fast an elbow to the chin/neck will put someone down ;)
Im practicing krav maga 2.5 years ago...i would vote to the elbow too :D Knees to the greund and elbows to the face... :p effectiveness above all :cool:
No sacrifice, No victory!
Vicarious Reality

Post by Vicarious Reality »

I'm not allowed to use any tools for defending my life.
Dem tings be mine:
PE blue Yojimbo ~ PE blue Dodo ~ ZDP PE Delica ~ s30v Native ~ Military ~ Aus Dragonfly ~ Endura4 ~ Yellow Salt 1 ~ Yellow Pacific Salt ~ 3 byrds and a lot of Cold Steel, Benchmade, Glock, Mora, KA-BAR, Kanetsune, SOG, CRKT, Schrade and misc. crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Piercieve wrote:This is one reason why I am curious about you guy's stories. I just know next time I walk down a hallway and hear a door creak open behind me, I'm going to react differently.
Seems like you already learned what you needed to from your own experiences

Besides, an answer to a question that might help someone will only help them if they are placed into the same situation. So telling stories can only help.
I doubt anyone will ever be placed into the same situation as others...every situation is different...One of my teachers used to explain it this way....I would ask him to duplicate a technique he used on me (that I never saw before) during sparring...he would refuse to do it....he used to say draw a line on the chalkboard, now draw an exact line on top of it, (which is impossible to do)...Then he would say...every time you throw something at me it is coming at a different angle, throw one hundred punches at me and I'll do a hundred different techniques, because it's impossible for you to duplicate the angle of your attack each time I am force to react differently...The bottom line is you either do what is got to be done in any given situation or you don't. I don't see how telling stories is going to help you.

I'm never going to fight just defensively ever again, that was just stupid. If someone is throwing punches at my face, even if I know them, I need to throw back. I'm not getting beat down like that again, and I don't want anyone else to either. I mean, yea, I did just want to share my story... I don't get to tell it too often, but also maybe someone would learn from it.

So if anyone has any cool play-by-play stories... shoot.
Most often the play- by-play stories are too gory or too bloody for most people to stomach....and are best left untold...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

David Lowry wrote:
I would never pull my blade and use it unless I thought for sure that I might die.
I think the same.

I also agree with Doc.

Actual gory detailed combat/service stories should not be posted on public fora imho.

This will only fuel the anti knife lobby.

Next to that; in an actual knife fight there NEVER is a winner just messy results.

Situation awareness is the key. Try to avoid these kind of situations at all

Wished we could have guns for protection .. Netherlands have gone of the peach imho...

cost. :cool:
Maarten
member of FFG Club
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

I understand what your saying Dr. Snubnose, but stories, as well as angles, can be generalized to fit one's needs.
However, after what you guys have said I agree that we shouldn't have any actual detailed stories.

RIOT

Post by RIOT »

to each their own! deal with it
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Incidents involving deadly force come with potential or actual legal trouble for those involved, even LEO officers. Then there is the potential of family or friends of the involved seeing or hearing details they don't need to.

To talk about incidents like that are painfull to those involved, and are potentially a way to screw up your own life.

If you work for an agency you will soon learn that to bring any attention to the agency involved isn't conducive to long term employment.

Pick A, B, Or C, or make up your own reasons. The fact is most people that have had to use deadly force won't talk about it online on an open site.

There are limited access sites dedicated to the study of incidents for learning purposes to help LEO agencies develop ways to prevent, or learn from incidents.

There are also websites devoted to helping traumatized people share their stories with others in a support type group.These are also typically password protected membership only sites.

This isn't either one of those type websites. I question the appropriateness of talking about such incidents on a commercial knife companies forum.

If you are just looking for gore there are other places on the net you can go. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
stoneman

Post by stoneman »

The Mastiff wrote:
This isn't either one of those type websites. I question the appropriateness of talking about such incidents on a commercial knife companies forum.

If you are just looking for gore there are other places on the net you can go. Joe
Couldn't agree more. ;)
-Steph
-"How many of those spyder thingies do you really need? "-my girlfriend-
_ SERENITY NOW!!!!!- Frank Costanza
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

I don't give details of personal experiences myself. But in memory of several friends:

#1: Was placed on his knees and shot point blank in the back of the head
#2: Was held down by several people while one person stabbed him 15 times with an icepick
#3: Was shot 10 times at a stop light
#4: Was chased for several blocks and shot 7 times in the street.

There's no need to go through the rest. And there's no need to discuss the details. This is the reality of violence on the streets.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

Wow. Just lock this already. I didn't mean for anyone to get upset with me.
Stupid idea.

ClockWork

oh yeah!!! Beat this assualt story!!

Post by ClockWork »

Once.... When I allot more quizzical

I was studying Metaphysical science Online from my home...

When my good Friend Maxwell called me on the phone. Maxwell was a Medicane major. Gunna be a Docter.

He asked if I wanted to go see the new Indiana Jones movie.

But as I'm getting ready to go...

Max shows up early and knocks on the door.

I answer the door, then he pulls out this huge silver hammer, and bangs me on the head.

He hits me over and over... making sure that I am dead.

I am now dead... this is Clocks dog sending this message

-Zuzu Clocks dog

:D :D :D :p :p
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear
KaliGman

No worries

Post by KaliGman »

Piercieve wrote:Wow. Just lock this already. I didn't mean for anyone to get upset with me.
Stupid idea.
I don't think anyone is really upset. I know that I am not. The question was a bit "trollish" but you have explained your motivations and have not really tried to "fan any flames." Don't sweat it. As for the made up stories, we like to have a little fun every now and then with posts like this. Were you around when we did the last Benchmade vs Spyderco thread that we took all the way to peanut butter and jelly vs combat tacos? Now that was a twisted thread. I have to say it was fun, though :D . If you are interested in examining scenarios for the purpose of awareness or to focus your own training, that is not a bad thing. You want to talk "if A then do I do B, C, or D," PM or email me and I'll try to help you out.

Joe said a mouthful on his post. Good and true stuff. I will tell you one true story now--as a result of my work in law enforcement I have been sued for $3 million, personally. The organization I worked for was sued as well,but I was sued, along with some others involved, individually. I don't recommend the experience. It took about four years to resolve that one :eek:
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper