Photo Request: White Spydies in pocket + Wave Question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kz1000s1

Photo Request: White Spydies in pocket + Wave Question

Post by kz1000s1 »

I'm thinking of getting a white Endura, but I'm wondering what it looks like clipped to the pocket of jeans or tan shorts etc.? This is going to be a user and I'm getting tired of black handled knives.

One more question. Is there any problem with removing a waved Endura from your pocket without opening it? I used to have an Emerson Commander and with that you had to take some care to withdraw it without catched the wave.

Thanks!
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

as far as the waved knife goes, whenever i carry mine, if i need to remove it without it opening, i simply cover the blade with my thumb, and then remove it while rotating the wave away from the edge of the pocket. not too hard once you've done it a few times
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
markg

Post by markg »

There are ways to get a "waved" knife out of your pocket without opening it, but you do have to play around to find out how. I would recommend, that if the knife is a work or utility knife, you might want the non-waved version.

As for the white... Don't have a picture, but you will notice it pretty well, it does stand out. I kinda like the way it looks.
Rhiney

Post by Rhiney »

Hey, it's easy to draw a waved knife without opening it -- what works best for me is is putting my thumb on the handle scale next to my hip, and curling my index finger over the other handle scale and around the knife blade. Then lift the blade straight up and out of your pocket. This does two things: first, if you lift straight up, you won't catch the wave; second, even if you do catch the wave, your index finger will prevent the blade from opening.

I have to say that I really love the waved knives -- I have a few waved spydies, and my EDC are an Emerson CQC-11, and a Spydie Tenacious that I've also waved. I own lots of unwaved Spydies and I love them, but the more I used waved knives, the more impressed I am with them.

All the best, and enjoy the white endura -- I vote that you you should get an endura in a different colour for every day of the week :D -- hate to see you get bored, or not be fashionably co-ordinated!
Andyjd

Post by Andyjd »

Here we go:
And some G10 Orange :D
Shopping list: Tenacious CE, D'allara
EnRoute: :(
markg

Post by markg »

The white and silver look nice with denim IMHO.
kz1000s1

Post by kz1000s1 »

markg wrote:The white and silver look nice with denim IMHO.

I would have to agree. It does look better than I thought it would. Maybe I'll get the a white one. The wave blade doesn't look as good to me either.

Thanks for the photos!
markg

Post by markg »

I have both the Delica and Endura in white... I was really surprised at how nice they look. The Endura looks really sharp.

I do wonder if they will get dirty in time, we will just have to see.
Piercieve

Post by Piercieve »

I think the white looks great. And people don't seem to be as intimidated by it.
It really doesn't get dirty that quick either. And who cares? they're easy to clean.
"I ain't looking for confusion, but it tends to follow me."

E4 white, E4 waved SE, Caspian Salt, Crossbill, Mule, white Dragonfly, Boker CLB Desert Subcom, BM Blackwood mini Skirmish,
kz1000s1

Post by kz1000s1 »

I just bought a white Endura and hopefully I'll have it before the 3 day weekend.

Thanks for all your assistance!
kz1000s1

Post by kz1000s1 »

I got my white Endura yesterday and quite happy with it now, but it needed a few tweaks. The main thing was the lock spring had way too much tension. It was difficult to even push in the lock, much less hold it down to flick it shut. After taking the spring out and bending it slightly all is well. Now the tension is the same as my Native and an Endura I tried in a store. Then I took a little tension off the pocket clip, which isn't really a problem as most clips are tighter than I prefer.

As to the appearance of the knife, it looks great! The white color, polished clip and blade give it a classy look.

Post by FLYBYU44 »

Andyjd wrote:Here we go:
And some G10 Orange :D
What knife is sporting the orange g10??
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Andyjd

Post by Andyjd »

Its a G10 Endura with a wave ;)
Shopping list: Tenacious CE, D'allara
EnRoute: :(
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

How did you manage to get it in Orange?? I would love to have one in that color.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

FLYBYU44 wrote:How did you manage to get it in Orange?? I would love to have one in that color.
If I'm not mistaken, I believe the answer is STR?
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil