any jester owners

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
AllenETreat

any jester owners

Post by AllenETreat »

My SE lime green jester has been seeing pocket time with my CF SE cricket...

http://www.1sks.com/images/spyderco/sc-j-all.jpg

...anyone else own a jester ( or two, or three? )

I personally am attrached to little big knives. They -

* don't attract the cops

* don't frighten the sheep

* are usually lightweight

and in the case of :spyder: they're sharp !

What say the augurers?

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i recently got 2 off of ebay, a pink one for my girlfriend and a stainless steel one for the storage case, i really like the blade on the jester more but because of the fact its a discontinued knife i use the stainless ladybug SE for the keychain.
JBE

Post by JBE »

No Jester here Allen, but I do carry a white LB 3 on my keychain. Before I got this little gem, I hadn't carried a "keychain" knife for quite some time, not since I had gifted my little LB 2 to a co-worker several years back. I had forgotten how handy it was to have a second, smaller knife on me at all times.
Jason
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Twelve Jesters here, in different colors, handle materials, PE & SE; I prefer Jester's blade shape over Ladybug.
Congrats to your Jesters and I share your happyness!
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
Tank

Post by Tank »

I love my SS jester. Don't carry it everyday but it does see quite a bit of pocket time.
I also got my wife one as it is (so far) the only knife she will EDC as it clips to her purse along with her new Fenix E01 :D
-John
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

I got them all, including the rare burgundy micarta, and blue and red FRN versions for the Japanese market. :D I carry mostly the Ladybu III now, as I like the tip better, but I can often be found with a Jester. THey make great watch pocket fillers that don't startle the NKPs.

wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
raven

Post by raven »

Hey wouter, I was just going to mention you and your collection ;) . IIRC, Our knifebro zenheretic has quite the Jester Collection also. Maybe he'll chime in here soon and give us an update :cool: . I don't own a Jester :o ... I know, I know :eek: :p . Need to grab one to add to my SS collection ;) . Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

Have twelve. Six black FRN PE and six SS PE. It's a great little knife. I think it complements the Ladybug fairly well. Recently showed both to a buddy of mine and he liked the Jester more than the Ladybug. I like both but the Jester a little more.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I've had a burgundy micarta one on my keyring for five years Allen. And then there's this little guy that occasionally finds its way into my watch pocket...

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

...Denim Lapis bolsters and ivory scales.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
AllenETreat

the deacon blues...

Post by AllenETreat »

Paul -

Gotta love that one! I'm so hung up on the jester this call's for a
red handle SE one from -

http://www.hamonoichiba.com

AET
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

T.E. Lawrence
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Allen, I can recommend them highly!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 3-11-2024 Instagram
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Like Peter and many others I prefer Jester’s blade shape to Ladybug's.

I carry SS PE Jester daily for more than a year. It’s good enough for all my daily chores.

I think it is almost as good looking as Jester with burgundy micarta I have on display at home.
And btw, this beautiful fob is a courtesy of my australian mate :)

WhyNot.
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." Sam Levenson
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Allen,

My wife still carries the green Jester from you :) attached to her keys. For my part, I got too attached to my trusty old Ladybug to let her go :o
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.