What Can We Do ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manix Guy 2

What Can We Do ?

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Recently here the has been a bump in the road at the Forum which has been rather disturbing to me as a member . I have a great respect for ALL of you !What can WE do to make this an even better Forum ? What I learn here and share with all of you is priceless and I thank all of you for this gift . Regards MG2
BHDKnifer

Post by BHDKnifer »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:Recently here the has been a bump in the road at the Forum which has been rather disturbing to me as a member . I have a great respect for ALL of you !What can WE do to make this an even better Forum ? What I learn here and share with all of you is priceless and I thank all of you for this gift . Regards MG2
You mean tommyhawk? Hes the only bump i see here. Ignore him. He was out for trouble from day 1. ;) John.
:spyder: Control the HEAD...and you control the SNAKE! :spyder:
:spyder: Integrity is being good even if no one is watching :spyder:
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Personally I have been trying to READ more than I POST, since I have limited Spydie/knife knowledge. Other than that, I am pretty laid back by nature and try to be positive on this forum, and in life. That's all you can do really :)
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

What bump? I haven't noticed a bump?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
JBE

Post by JBE »

I think he's referring to the trollish behavior of tomahawk. In all of the years that I've been a member of this forum, he earned the prestigious honor of being the first that's ever been added to my ignore list. :D
Jason
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:Recently here the has been a bump in the road at the Forum which has been rather disturbing to me as a member .
Agreed. This is the Spyderco Forum, a place for intelligent, occasionally spirited, but always friendly discussion. It is not the "Flame Wars Forum."
Manix Guy 2 wrote:What can WE do to make this an even better Forum ?
We can do our best to keep our responses on a high level, as the great majority of Forumites did in this case. Offer intelligent and reasoned defense to our positions and, if the "bump in the road" persists, wipe the mud off our feet and leave shiny footprints as we continue on the high road.
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
Veegun

Post by Veegun »

I own/run a bulletin board for carpet cleaners from around the world.

If you think that was a bump, let me tell you...

That was nothing.
Just squash him and move on.

http://www.mikeysboard.com

5 :spyder: and counting.
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

What is a forum without a occasional troll once in a while?
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Darn, I must have missed something. The question is, is that a bad thing?

(The Ignore list is your friend ;) )
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
lerman

Post by lerman »

when you open and read a new thread you can see from the first replay if it's going to get ugly, i don't want to be a part of thous threads, i do have my opinion but i just don't reply to thous threads, i just read, hold my head in my hands and think "some people are dumb", it's very funny sometimes. :D
amen74

Post by amen74 »

I don't know what we can do, except to voice our disapproval. Kristi and Sal always seem to take care of the problems and get them resolved in a timely manner. Let's all hope it stays resolved. Yesterday as I logged on to the Forums I felt an immediate tension here that was very disturbing at the least. I'd love for the peace and harmony to return and for ignorance to stay as far away as possible.
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

I take it as a good sign that you have this thought MG2, it indicates you are conscientious about the forum. However, I don't believe we need to consider any overt action. If there's a bump in the road we just maneuver past it and keep going. The occasional off-kilter moment does serve to remind us how smooth things usually are here, which is something the community can be proud of. Folks here can suss out what's what and, if needed, can call B.S. when they see it. The trolls and troublemakers never have lasted and never will.
~ Nate
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

T was a "bump in the road"....... All we could do is flatten it and move on.

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I think that the 'problem' was handled in an appropriate manner. In fact, it is a credit to this forum that responses to such goading were handled in such a responsible manner. Trolls are an unfortunate fact of life and every forum will be plagued at one time or another. What separates us from trolls, is our mutual respect for each other.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

hey guys...sorry if i pissed anybody off with how i reacted to SPOON....he was starting to get on my nerves. :o
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

tonydahose wrote:hey guys...sorry if i pissed anybody off with how i reacted to SPOON....he was starting to get on my nerves. :o
Heh...good mental health requires one to light a rocket every now and then, Tony. ;)
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Hey Tony. No problem at all. :) I felt like you were speaking for the lot of us. I appreciate that. Myself being pretty new here tried to keep my comments to myself for fear of looking like a troublemaker. You conducted yourself well, it's really tough to keep it all bottled up inside. No apologies required here in regards to SPOON. Let's move on with the show, shall we? :D
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
TR Graham

Post by TR Graham »

I wouldn't worry about it, Tony. You just don't suffer fools lightly.

Many of us feel the same way......... :D

TR Graham
The Glocksmith
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

Like Clint Eastwood Said, The Good, The Bad, And The UGLY!!! :cool:
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Agent Starling

no worries...

Post by Agent Starling »

tonydahose wrote:hey guys...sorry if i pissed anybody off with how i reacted to SPOON....he was starting to get on my nerves. :o
Tony, I felt that it was good the way you put a name to what he was doing...I felt that the things you said needed to be said.

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."