Gunting Drone used in real

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Steve Drayton

Gunting Drone used in real

Post by Steve Drayton »

Just wanted to let everyone know that one of my students successfully used the Gunting drone to protect himself and others. Bo was travelling home from training on the train when 4 BG's decided to steal a mobile phone from a fellow passenger. As Bo went to assist the gentleman, one of our "heros " decided to take his head off. Bo was able to parry the strike and introduce the drone to his forarm. Needless to say the BG wasn't a happy camper and it was enough to deter him from attacking Bo further, BG even picked up a fire extinguisher but was very reticent to try again. The others were behind him in the aisle behind him so couldn't get involved. They fled as train pulled into the station

Best thing was none of the good guy's got badly hurt and Bo not at all. Just goes to show what can happen with a little training, a great tool and someone smiling down upon you

Edited by - Steve Drayton on 2/5/2002 1:13:25 PM
bell

Post by bell »

Way to go Bo!
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Bo did great..I see he really took to heart what we did @ the seminar and what you've taught him Steve..
BRAVO to BO...
and he saved others from harm..thats fantastic!!!
"The Gunting saved my life" file continues to grow..
The "I've used it in real time without opening it" file continues to grow..
and the file on the "I only carry a Drone" is catching up..
Hi to Bo..
great work!!!

Bram

Edited by - BRAM on 2/5/2002 8:56:22 PM
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Just heard from a UN Security agent in Kosovo: He has been using it real-time over there. He's just started to teach his squad of guys the use of the Gunting. Seems it works really well for them in a closed position...
No he;s not going to post here..
Nor wil the other agents from other foields but as they relate the stories they tell me to post it in a general way.. and I'll keep doing that..

be safe!
bram