Kraton sheets or the like...?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mancer

Kraton sheets or the like...?

Post by Mancer »

Hi

Curious for all those custom modders out there that alter their grips, where can I get my hands on something like textured kraton sheets?
I've been scouting around the net but only seem to get to bike grips and so forth.

What I'm wanting to do is get some form of textured grip to cut and bond to a small stun gun I have got for my lady as it is a pretty small and smooth device, I would just like some more grip to it if ever she needed it and her hands got wet/sweaty.

Kraton is not a must but I'm not clued up on all the other options I may have,

Any advice?

Thanks guys

Sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Welcome back Mancer! If you can't find Kraton, perhaps a piece of the rubber material sold to help grip jar caps, or one of those newfangled silicone pot holders would work. Imagine RTV silicone adhesive would bond either to metal or plastic. Heck if looks are not an issue, the stuff they sell as non-slip shelf liners that looks like window screening that's been dipped in rubber glued on with the same adhesive would work too.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mancer

Post by Mancer »

Thanks for the reply and welcome back buddy, lifes been hectic (dang work :P) but hope to scout out here more often.
Ye looks arnt to important, over all I'm just wanting something durable that would give the best grip possible.
I know many have used kraton, CF and other sheets, I have seen CF sheets for sale but generally they all are described as been for looks alone.

From some of my SS Spydies I have loved the feeling that the kraton inserts give, from the feel I think it would be fairly easy to cut to shape as well.

Sheldon
It's Time To Kick @$$ 'N Chew Bubble Gum