My Spyderco's are multiplying.Any cure?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gandalfe

My Spyderco's are multiplying.Any cure?

Post by gandalfe »

I am a long time pocketknife man with, 45 plus years, of always having something sharp in my pocket.A few months ago, I sold an airgun ,with the buyer, offering a Spyderco Chinook, in trade.I couldn't get over the feeling of quality; firm lockup;incredible tough steel etc.Now I own 2 natives[one I gave away]2 Endura's and a Crossbill.I'm afraid their is no end to this, and I will end up like "Spydutch," and have drawers full of these knives.What's going one here?Have Spyderco put some secret ,addictive substance, into the D10 handles of the Chinook, to permanently destroy my sense of reason.My wife says one knife is enough.I listen to her and secretly buy more.We should start a "Spyderco anonymous," to help people like me.
Spygineer

Post by Spygineer »

I hear you, Gandalfe. I am in the same exact position. My wife does not understand the obsession. She thinks I have too many. I agree, but once in a while acquire more without her knowing...hehe. Is there a help program out there to stop the addiction??? Although, I've been better. I only purchase when I save up enough from working OT.
I'm Hooked like a hawkbilll!!!:D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

The short answer is NO. There is no known cure at this moment. You became spydernut and spyderholik.
Welcome to addiction, welcome to abssesion.
gandalfe wrote:Have Spyderco put some secret ,addictive substance, into the D10 handles of the Chinook, to permanently destroy my sense of reason.
I beleive that yablanowitz did some research and have more information about it.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It is no secret ingedient, the binding agent in Spyderco G-10 is crack cocaine. Sal has it custom made to be 100% addictive ;) :D

Welcome to the madness!
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

incurable this spyderholism :eek:
warning: spending time on this forum (esp. the Picture Gallery) is hazardous for one's wallet :eek:
i'm not kidding either ;)
btw: welcome to the forums gandalfe :)
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

gandalfe wrote:We should start a "Spyderco anonymous," to help people like me.
this is it. we meet at least once a day, some many more times than that. the only comfort you get is that there always is somebody on here who has more :spyder: 's and has invested more $$$$ than you. welcome aboard.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
telemeister

Post by telemeister »

I know what you mean when you say they are addictive. I bought my first Spyderco less than 6 months ago (Centofante III), now I have an Endura III, Meerkat, and a Blue Rescue with a Caly III, Delica IV, Dragonfly FRN, Tasman Salt, and a Salt I on the way (although it feels like its taking forever).

I think, for me, its the overall quality of the Spydercos that does it for me. I've bought many different knives over the years, because I have been (on and off) searching for the perfect knife. For me, personally, Spyderco are perfect.
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

C'mon guys, there is a very easy and simple cure: run out of money. Worked for me.
Billy

Post by Billy »

Hi. My name is Billy and I'm a Spyderholic. :rolleyes:

Seriously, welcome to your new addiction, er, hobby?! It's really no wonder you got hooked...the Chinook is an awesome knife to start with.

Enjoy the madness and enjoy your stay here. :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
gandalfe

Post by gandalfe »

Chucula wrote:C'mon guys, there is a very easy and simple cure: run out of money. Worked for me.
If I had any money, I would have a lot more.I'm recently retired, and still have 2 daughters, going to school.I sell guns,guitars,computer parts; etc. etc. to fuel this latest addiction.If they were'nt so nice to look, at and fun to own, I would have an easier time of it.The endura 4, I just bought, is a marvel of engineering.Hand just fits right; perfect balance; grippy handle; strong as ****, and light weight.I could go ,on and on, and still forget, some of the features.Some smart person, is making these things addictive, and this forum is not helping.Every time I go to the picture gallery I want every knife I see.The photography is sublime and the knives a work of art.I think I will just have to get over this hump, and buy another one.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

you wanna stop buying? stay off the forums...works like a charm.
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
dialex

Post by dialex »

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay here.
I have some good news, and I have some bad news.
The good news is there is a cure for our... I mean your... addiction.
The bad news is the cure consists in getting as many spydies as you can till they reach the critical mass... :rolleyes:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Hi Gandalfe,

My wife thinks I have too many as well. She has seen my 6 knives and she thinks I have 5 too many :D (BTW: I have something like 70 at the moment !!! ;) )

I only discovered knife collecting about 16 months ago , and Spyderco only about 14 mths or so.

I found the best cure is to infect as many other people as possible, and to stop buying them in lot of 5 or 10, the best way to feed the poison is to buy them one or two every couple of weeks :p That way the poison is constantly being placated rather than ravaging your brain !

Cheers
Dan
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
araneae

Post by araneae »

I am willing to help anyone who has acquired too many Spydercos. Just PM me and I will graciously provide my shipping address. My first concern is helping my fellow knife knuts get well. It pains me to see you struggle as I have seen my own collection grow uncontrollably at times. If your Spydies are multiplying out of control, I will be there to help. Remember, I'm always just PM away. :p
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome Gandalfe, and good luck with that :D . My wife thinks ONE :eek: is enough, too... AND, that they all look the same :eek: .

- best wishes, Jazz.
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: Yup....Buy more, and more, and more.....You know, till the pain goes away :eek: Oh...Ya, that's right...It won't go away :D Ahh ****, buy more anyway!
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
RLR

Post by RLR »

And now you'll have one more coming your way!