Mule Team Makers

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
sal

Mule Team Makers

Post by sal »

I must say that I have been quite amazed at the work done by you.

The scales, cord-wraps, sheaths, and photography have all been exquisite.

I'd like to personally thank you for your interest and efforts in this crazy project.

sal
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: considering how fast the last run sold out perhaps the next run could be a bit larger? :o :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
butch

Post by butch »

sal not only do ELU get to use different steels with this project but they are trying then hand at knife "making " by mods soon i bet you see more then a few start looking for parts kits and then later bar stock to make there own.

all that adds up to new styles

your giving the chance to really reach out and try something new as many are intimidated by the grinding a blank and your giving them a great blank to go with

sal i thank you keep pushing the envelope in knives
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

The ones I've seen are definately impressive. I can't wait to get my hands on one to try myself :D That last run really did sell out quickly.
MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Sal,
The thanks needs to go to you. You undertook a quite large project that would bring you no profit or new customers, and for what? So a few of us folks could beat the heck out of our knives and tell you what wrong with the steel. As well as all sorts of annoying requests and wishes for the next run. On top of that to get all kinds of angry letters and posts about how the release was done poorly (please dont take this as complaining myself). Sal don’t thank us, Thank you Sal and all the Spyderco Crew that help in the Mule, even the SFO (they often seem to be forgotten) for helping with all the shipping and selling of the mule project. I do not envy you for those few days you had after the mule was released, Lynette and Jim, you did a fantastic job. And all of you at Spyderco are about to do it again. Thank you all so much for you hard work and patience.

I have had a blast making all sorts of handle for folks and have learned quite a bit durning the process its has as well help me afford my knife buying habits. I made a deal with my fiancée that I would only buy knives with money I made from knives. So the very little I made (money wise) making mule handles has helped me get a few new Spydies :) . As well as a couple more tools for my shop. I even started to make a couple of my own designs. Then again, the money I actually make is quite small. Ahh what the heck I really just do it for fun, wish I could make a living doing this kinda stuff.

As well I must say that I have learned alot about my likes and dislikes of 52100 steel while making them. The only problem with the mule is that the next one isnt out yet. I can’t wait for the next mule. I have so many more handle options I want to try. And I cant wait to beat the heck out of whatever kinda steel you throw at us next.

Thanks Sal and Spyderco.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
HaroldB

Post by HaroldB »

+1 what Brad said :spyder:
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

Tricod couldn't have said it better.

Even though I didn't purchase one of the Mules, I am in awe of the task that you took upon yourself. The selflessness shown in this project is a major reason why I buy Spyderco; you truly do lead by example, Sal, and I thank you for it. :)
Back from an extended hiatus.