Leeds Mini Meet

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
pcsheriff1

Leeds Mini Meet

Post by pcsheriff1 »

Just wondering if the Leeds Mini Meet went off as planned and if there was anyone who was there and would care to enlighten us as to the new offerings. I know that those of us who live on this side of the pond have the advantage of low prices, etc. however i'm still a little jealous of those of you who get to meet the good folks from Spyderco. I'm about 900 miles or so from Golden or I would have to find a 3rd job :)
todd
Levi

Post by Levi »

It was worth the £90 train ticket and 9 hour round trip just to see Sal cut himself after the "be careful" speech :D
UK KEN

Spyderco Show

Post by UK KEN »

What a great weekend!

A huge thank you to Sal, Gail and Jur for coming over to the UK for their third visit. Their time and efforts are very much appreciated by all who attended.

The Spyderco Show went very well and I feel that Sal allowed us a more personal insight into the business and himself. We all felt very relaxed in each others company, it was good to see some old friends and make some new ones.

The knives that are to be offered in the future are incredible! I can't go into any detail but trust me when I say my credit cards have already gone into hiding. Thanks too to Chris Claycomb who talked us through how the Spyderco Bushcraft Knife has been developed, another knife I am looking forward to using.

The traditional curry went very well too! Azram at the Sheesh Mahal looked after us well. I tried a Phall, I won't be doing that again! It was like a huge family gathering which, after all we are!

Here is a link to some photos of the show and the meal......

http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g2...20Show%202008/

Regards, Ken
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Ken that sounds awesome. Ummm...curry, sounds delicious, just thinking about it makes me want some butter chicken. Thanks for the mini report, but I couldn't get the link to work, it just took me to the opening page for photobucket.
After enlightenment, the laundry.
UK KEN

Try this

Post by UK KEN »

Levi

Post by Levi »

I think this is what Ken meant to post.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

hey Ken, glad to see you back on here. there was one problem with the pics...even when enlarged i could not get any detail on the knives..lol.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
GeorgeMaggos

Thanks Ken

Post by GeorgeMaggos »

Hey Ken,

thanks for sharing the photos of the people with us thats great to see everyone enjoying themselves I appreciate it.

I see you got a new knife for yourself that must have been pretty cool & it is engraved with your forum name too :) How about any knife photos from the event are there any of those you can share with all of us here as well?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

~George
[CENTER]
~~~~~~~~~~
"The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority. "[/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Even though you can't see Him, GOD has always been there for you <><[/CENTER]
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

tonydahose wrote:hey Ken, glad to see you back on here. there was one problem with the pics...even when enlarged i could not get any detail on the knives..lol.
Hi Tony

I thought it best to edit out the detail as there were some concept models there........I have been lurking and still enjoy seeing all of the new knives. I have had to let some knives go but still have about 280 :spyder: 's. :)

The Orange UKPK was a gift from Sal, I believe that it is the first one in the UK. :D

I didn't take any photos of the knives, in any case I am sure that Ted will be posting some excellent shots after their show.

Regards, Ken
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

UK KEN wrote: still have about 280 :spyder: 's. :)

just 280 huh ;) ;)
UK KEN wrote:The Orange UKPK was a gift from Sal, I believe that it is the first one in the UK. :D

...very cool gift too.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

UK KEN wrote:I didn't take any photos of the knives, in any case I am sure that Ted will be posting some excellent shots after their show.

Regards, Ken
I'm sure Ted will do so. In addition, just like last year, I've been asked to make a photo report for Spyderco of the new models and prototypes and publish them on my site and this here forum. Just wait for the evening of march 8th -my time- for pics of the good stuff. :D

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
UK KEN

Post by UK KEN »

Mr Blonde wrote:I'm sure Ted will do so. In addition, just like last year, I've been asked to make a photo report for Spyderco of the new models and prototypes and publish them on my site and this here forum. Just wait for the evening of march 8th -my time- for pics of the good stuff. :D

Wouter
Wouter

I am sure that you will enjoy the show. Your photos are always superb and well worth waiting for. There are some very special knives.

Regards, Ken
Ted

Post by Ted »

Mr Blonde wrote:I'm sure Ted will do so. In addition, just like last year, I've been asked to make a photo report for Spyderco of the new models and prototypes and publish them on my site and this here forum. Just wait for the evening of march 8th -my time- for pics of the good stuff. :D

Wouter
Looks like I will be sitting nicely and relaxed in the crowd, fondling with all the knives and seeing Wouter getting stressed with taking pictures! :D I'll bring you some drinks Wouter whilst you are busy... :p

Ted
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Me getting stressed? Never! :D ;)

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
mrappraisit

Post by mrappraisit »

Thank's Ken!! Looks like you picked up a very nice souvenir! Like Sal said, be careful ;)
After enlightenment, the laundry.
Ian UK

Post by Ian UK »

Looks like you had a great day Ken, wanted to come but sadly ill health stopped me, great photos :)
:spyder: IAN UK Collector #116.