Pleasant experience with Repair Dept.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
begone

Pleasant experience with Repair Dept.

Post by begone »

Just wanted to share my experience with a very nice person from the Spyderco repair department. I own a dodo in need of new screws and nut to hold the wire clip in place. I called today to purchase the needed parts and the friendly woman on the other end said she would ship them right away and was there anything else she could help me with. I asked if she didn't want credit card information so I could pay for the parts & she said no. If I had needed a full clip kit she would take card info, but for the screws she would just send them, no charge. Many of you have said it before, but I'll say it again... this kind of thing just doesn't happen with manufacturers of anything... cept Spyderco knives!!! I'm always glad to share good experiences and since I started buying Spydercos, I've had a lot of good experiences with spyderco products and people that I've shared (ad nauseum) with my friends.
Thanks,
Bruce
I Begone

D4 & E4 Wave PE, Delica PE, Native PE, Native III PE, Tasman SE, Dragonfly etched, Cricket SS PE, 2 Blue Dodo PE, Black Dodo SE, Centofante 4, Stretch PE, Atlantic Salt PE, Caly Jr. ZDP-189, Mini Persian
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

Good to hear of your positive experience, Begone. I think that the great W&R department is one of the hidden values of owning a Spyderco knife.
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
messer454

Post by messer454 »

Had a similar experience myself recently. Lost the main bolt out of a well used Delica 4. I emailed W&R and they not only sent me a new bolt but a new nut too "just in case." All very friendly, professional, and FAST. I have been meaning to post about this sooner. Thanks Spyderco.