Yet another new guy!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
LoneStar

Yet another new guy!

Post by LoneStar »

Hi everyone :D
I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a Spyderco :spyder: fanatic for many years now and just recently found the boards. This is a great community with an outstanding knowledge base. I am amazed at how much I have learned by reading your discussions over the last few days :) My current EDC is an Etched Dragonfly and a Manix, both of which I love. Over the years, for the most part, I have collected Delicas and Rescues. My favorite knife is my Bob Lum collaboration tanto.
Thank you for letting me join your ranks :)

~Jeffrey
CopilotATS-55

Post by CopilotATS-55 »

Welcome to the Addiction :D
Kyle Decker wasn't here !!! :D :eek:

"Avatar by Dialex
REMEMBER
SFC SHUGART & MSG GORDON

Im still here, just busy being a Senior!!! :D
PNXC

PN
Wrestling

Never Forget 9/11

VMI
10'+3
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Welcome to the Forum,
enjoy your stay.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

Welcome!
spydie fanatic

Re:

Post by spydie fanatic »

BEWARE!!!...

...Spyderco addiction has been known to lead to the following: divorces, hoarding habbits, sitting in the corner rocking back and forth while clutching your spydies tighly and mumbling incoherently :p ...
"To Care for Those Who Shall Have Borne the Battle..." Abraham Lincoln

Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex :)
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Welcome :) .
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Hiya LoneStar, grab a hot cuppa joe and join our Spyderific coffee klatch... :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
raven

Post by raven »

Hey LoneStar, Welcome to the "Family". Many Very Cool Bros and Sisters Here ;) . Enjoy your stay, glad to have you aboard. Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

welcome from another noob!

how do you like the etched dragonfly? i have an etched spin and etched cricket in my possession right now and the finish is wonderful. they are both very unique knives. the dragonfly seems a bit more practical though.

i am looking at getting my first delica! i am liking the FRN olive green combo edge.
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
LoneStar

Post by LoneStar »

Thank you everyone and yes I am addicted :D
quattrokid73 wrote: how do you like the etched dragonfly? i have an etched spin and etched cricket in my possession right now and the finish is wonderful. they are both very unique knives. the dragonfly seems a bit more practical though.
I love the Etched Dragonfly. First off, the steel is awesome VG-10! Even though it is a small knife, I am very dexterous with it. I use it for precision cutting. The etching on the handle makes it look like a work of art and I am all about looks. Also, the etching is great for a no slip grip. I honestly hope to see :spyder: Team Spyderco :spyder: start utilizing this on more of the SS handles. Perhaps a ZDP-189 SS Etched Delica?!?! :D :D :D The only thing I feel the Dragonfly lacks is jimping, but other than that it is a great little knife.