Just found a local knife shop

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Kaizen

Just found a local knife shop

Post by Kaizen »

I can't believe how close this shop is. I've been driving as far as 45 minutes from my place to handle knives. This shop is 3 (long) blocks away!!! It was in a plaza and the sign is blocked from the street by trees. My girlfriend and I were driving by it and she said "Hey look, there's a knife & gun shop." And that's exactly what it says. I must've driven by it a thousand times already.

So I go in the next day (it was closed at the time) and they:
Leatherman, CS, CRKT, Strider, Chris Reeve, Victorinox, Surefire, Blackhawk, Glock, Sigs, SA XDs, and (saving the best for last) Spydies.

So I look at everything before the Spydies, barely containing myself, hoping they might have some hard to find Spydies. They have a Lil Temp at $150! It's just sitting there waiting for me to save up some cash. I asked the clerk if they get a lot of interest in that model, he told me that he could probably getmore if someone bought it. So this store discovery was perfect for me. That Lil Temp is just waiting for me. The ergos on it lived up to it's reputation. The movement was smooth, the lock up solid and the liner didn't go halfway across.

Oh yeah, the clerk said that the owner of the shop did most of his business wholesaling on the internet and the shop was just for show mostly and selling guns. If I can get a group of the Lil Temps wholesale (if they do have anymore), I'm going to find out what price I can get them at.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Sounds like a Solid find... particularly with the Lil' Temp. I would snatch it up. Those are getting hard to find. I have a few shops like that in my area that are small little shops that really sell guns, but man, I picked up a Dodo, A Micarta Calypso Jr., and a couple other little discontinued things NIB. Great prices as well. Most of the shops were glad to clear out the inventory and gave me some great prices.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
dantecubit

Post by dantecubit »

Kaizen wrote:So I go in the next day (it was closed at the time) and they: Leatherman, CS, CRKT, Strider, Chris Reeve, Victorinox, Surefire, Blackhawk, Glock, Sigs, SA XDs, and (saving the best for last) Spydies.
SPYDERCO FOR THE WIN!!!
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

Wow, Kaizen. Sounds like you happened across a good thing!

I would definitely snatch that Lil Temp up as quickly as possible though. Somehow, I bet that the clerk does not realize that is a discontinued model that is extremely hard to find now. I have a hard time imagining that they would be able to get more in stock if that one sells. We all know how hard they are to find... I just don't know how the store could easily get another.

So, do yourself a favor and go snatch that puppy up!

And if you decide you don't want it or can't afford it, I would be willing to bet that there is a certain someone on this forum - ahem, cough, cough HALFNECK - who would gladly mail you the cash to pick it up for him. I know he has been on the Lil Temp Quest for awhile now!

:spyder:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Firefighter880 wrote:Wow, Kaizen. Sounds like you happened across a good thing!

I would definitely snatch that Lil Temp up as quickly as possible though. Somehow, I bet that the clerk does not realize that is a discontinued model that is extremely hard to find now. I have a hard time imagining that they would be able to get more in stock if that one sells. We all know how hard they are to find... I just don't know how the store could easily get another.

So, do yourself a favor and go snatch that puppy up!

And if you decide you don't want it or can't afford it, I would be willing to bet that there is a certain someone on this forum - ahem, cough, cough HALFNECK - who would gladly mail you the cash to pick it up for him. I know he has been on the Lil Temp Quest for awhile now!

:spyder:
I plan on buying it within the next couple of weeks, and when I go back I'm going to have them confirm if they can actually get more. I actually mentioned to him that it was discontinued and he said "I know". I wasn't sure if he was trying to save face. If I can't buy it within the next 3-4 weeks, I'll contact Halfneck to see if he'll take it.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

If they have a PE Leaf Blade definitely let me know.

"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich