Rip

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

Rip

Post by Jimd »

My uncle, Ronald Long, was killed Friday in an auto accident. He went to the hospital, was checked out, had various tests performed, then went back to the office of the company he worked for.

While there, he began vomiting profusely and lost consciousness shortly after. Around 7:00 PM that night, he passed away.

According to the autopsy results, blunt for trauma to the head & chest was the cause of death. He was on blood thinners, and it seems he was bleeding internally, and the hospital didn't catch it.

My heart is heavy because he was a great guy, very nice. It's still difficult for me to believe he's gone.
Thanks for listening.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

My condolences...
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
snuffaluff

Post by snuffaluff »

Jim, My prayers go out to your family and you.
JT

Post by JT »

I don't "know You" , but still, my sincere condolences.. it's always hard to lose someone You love.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

I'm very sorry you have to deal with this. I extend my deepest sympathies to you and your family.
dete

Post by dete »

sorry to hear,

I know some people can't understand this, but I went to my Betta's grave site today. I let his body go into a beautiful local stream.

It's the memories we keep, that keep them alive within us, so make sure that you remember the good stuff & let it help you in your life.
arnon

Post by arnon »

Hi Jimd, sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you and your family.
Be well Arnon
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

Unexpected deaths are hard to take. You have to deal with the surprise and the loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

If it hangs on you for a long time, consider making some sort of memorial. I lost a loved one and was not at peace until I created a website in their memory, and that helped lots.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Very sorry Jim.... :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Jim, so sorry to hear about your uncle. :(
It looks like he was a great guy and you were quite fond of him. May he rests in piece.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, jimd. May he rest in peace.

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."

Post by 224477 »

I am so sorry to hear that Jim, may his soul R.I.P. :(
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the kindness. His funeral is Friday, and his viewing is Thursday evening.
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
KaliGman

Condolences

Post by KaliGman »

Sorry to hear about this Jim. My best to you and your family.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Jimid, my prayers are sent to you and your family in your time of mourning. I am sorry to hear about your lost.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Went to the viewing tonight. Very sad affair. The funeral is tomorrow.
Artwork For Sale

SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I offer my condolences. You and your uncle have my prayers. May The Lord have mercy on him.
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Thanks, everyone.
We laid Ronnie to rest today, with full military honors (US Army). A very sad day, indeed.

I was doing pretty well until the pastor read letters of goodbye that his family had written; the letters from his grandchildren got my water-works flowing in about half a second.

Up until now, I never really realized what an admirable life he led. I've never heard him curse, and very seldom, if ever, seen him angry. He certainly never lost his composure. He loved God deeply, and raised his family accordingly. He wasn't a "Sunday-Morning-Only" Christian; he lived it 24/7. A very soft-spoken, gentle, sweet man who was loved by all.

Best of all - I'm not just saying that 'cause he was my uncle and folks usually only say nice things about the recently dead. It's all the God's-honest truth. Truly a good man to emulate, and one of the very few I know like that.
Artwork For Sale

Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Jimd wrote:My uncle, Ronald Long, was killed Friday in an auto accident. He went to the hospital, was checked out, had various tests performed, then went back to the office of the company he worked for.

While there, he began vomiting profusely and lost consciousness shortly after. Around 7:00 PM that night, he passed away.

According to the autopsy results, blunt for trauma to the head & chest was the cause of death. He was on blood thinners, and it seems he was bleeding internally, and the hospital didn't catch it.

My heart is heavy because he was a great guy, very nice. It's still difficult for me to believe he's gone.
Thanks for listening.

Jim, my friend, my heart and prayers are with you and your family.

Stay safe, brother and God bless you.

T
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum