Captain Question 'bout Bolts.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rick Oshay

Captain Question 'bout Bolts.

Post by Rick Oshay »

Hey, can someone tell me what size allen wrench I need to loosen/tighten the bolts on my Captain's pocket clip? Thanks in advance all.
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

Wrong forum Rick. I think you meant to post it at the General section. Either way you will probably get your answer. I'm sure someone here knows.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Am sure Kristi will move this thread to the proper place.

In the mean time, while I do not have a Captain, almost all the newer Spyderco models use Torx fasteners, and the four sizes they use are #6 (clip screws on models, like the Captain, with the three screw clip), #8, #9, and #10 for the rest of the fittings. If you're in the US, and don't already have a set, I would suggest getting the Husky HD-74502 T which Home Depot sells. It's an inexpensive (around $6), reasonable quality driver that comes with all those bits, and more (8 sizes total) in a neat little package.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

The Deacon wrote:... If you're in the US, and don't already have a set, I would suggest getting the Husky HD-74502 T which Home Depot sells. It's an inexpensive (around $6), reasonable quality driver that comes with all those bits, and more (8 sizes total) in a neat little package.
Deacon, I guess it can be called "mind reading"... :)
Thank you for answering the question that was bugging me for a while.

WhyNot.
Rick Oshay

Thank you for the info.

Post by Rick Oshay »

The Deacon wrote:Am sure Kristi will move this thread to the proper place.

In the mean time, while I do not have a Captain, almost all the newer Spyderco models use Torx fasteners, and the four sizes they use are #6 (clip screws on models, like the Captain, with the three screw clip), #8, #9, and #10 for the rest of the fittings. If you're in the US, and don't already have a set, I would suggest getting the Husky HD-74502 T which Home Depot sells. It's an inexpensive (around $6), reasonable quality driver that comes with all those bits, and more (8 sizes total) in a neat little package.
Thank you for the information, sorry I posted in the wrong thread. I could'nt even find this thread again and posted my question again elsewhere before finding your answer here. Thanks again.