Anyone got a review and pics of a Forester in action

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Crafft

Anyone got a review and pics of a Forester in action

Post by Crafft »

I'm curious about how good a chopper the Forester is.

Anyone???

Pics would be great!!

TIA

Crafft.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

eastr

worth the $$ if you like big spydies.

Post by eastr »

sorry no pic's of it in action but i have used mine heavly ever sence i received it . i have butoned down a 7" walnut tree, cut mutiflower rose bushes and used it as a camp knife. it did very well for all the things above as a camp knife it was a little oversized but good ergos made up for it. the micarda has a fair amount of grip so it doesn't slide in your hand when wet or sweeting. the large spin makes good for butoning ,knifes with a thinner spin tend to tear up your buton stick quickly. it has the weight to make large jobs less of a chore but not so much it is a dreed to use .it retains the work edge well through out the needed uses i cut up the whole walnut tree with out resharpen ,thats alot of chopping!!!! .the thing that i find the hardest about starting with this knife is the first use thats alot of $$ to beat against a tree if your stomach can take that then this knife will work great for your outdoor needs. i am very happy with mine it takes the place of my hattchet in my gear bag. IMO it's a great knife worth a look if your into big blades and spyderco it fits the name it will build shelter and process food and offer protection.
"THE ROUGH RIDER”“FAR BETTER IT IS TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS..THAN TO TAKE RANK WITH THOSE POOR. TIMID SPIRITS WHO KNOW NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.” THEODORE ROOSEVELT 1899
spyderco making mans oldest tool mans most advanced tool:spyder:
THE GREATSET POWER IS OFTEN SIMPLE PATIENECE
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Crafft

Post by Crafft »

Thanks for the info guys!!

Eastr: Your story sounds like you had a lot of fun using your Forester!
redhawk44p

Post by redhawk44p »

I don't know how well they chop but if looks could cut they would drop a redwood.