Rules for Posting in Gallery

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
TazKristi

Rules for Posting in Gallery

Post by TazKristi »

This warrants Rules being posted using two methods - Please Read!

This Gallery is for you to post your images of Spyderco knives (and other Spyderco products). Please read these rules prior to posting any image.

Please only post your own images. Please do not post images from others. Do NOT post copy written images unless you own the copyright.

The same rules apply to this forum as in other areas of the Spyderco.com Forums. Do not post anything offensive, vulgar, violent or otherwise questionable. Please be respectful to the members of our community and remember this is a knife forum.

If you have any questions about whether or not something should be posted, contact Tazkristi (Site Admin) BEFORE you post it.

Please keep text to a minimum, this forum is primarily for images not discussion.

Now, get out there and post your pictures! Enjoy!
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Hope this is ok considering the "keep text to a minimum" rule, but since I haven't seen anyone say it, thanks for setting this up for us Kristi!

Edit: Just saw WhyNot's post in General Discussion, not the first then :o !
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Kristi, thanks for the new section. I think it's a very inspired idea to put a dedicated place for eye candy. :D
Show 'em, guys (and gals) ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
SteelDragon

100 kb file size?

Post by SteelDragon »

Any recommendations on what to use to reduce my pics to the allowed size? THX
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Host them at some place like Imageshack.us instead.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Th232

Post by Th232 »

SteelDragon wrote:Any recommendations on what to use to reduce my pics to the allowed size? THX
I personally use http://imageshack.us and use the resize image options there.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

T-Rex

Post by T-Rex »

I use Microsoft's Image Resizer Powertoy for Windows XP. It's a free download from the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/down ... rtoys.mspx

Rex
kniferights.org - Charter Member #331
deeker

Post by deeker »

Irfanview is a photo program that you can use to resize pictures if you don't have the Windows program.

Google it and you can download it for free. It's fairly easy to use, too.
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Anyone consider making specific threads dedicated to particular models of knives? :confused:

Like, a thread for Delica's, one for Endura's, one for Dodo's, one for Native's, One for Manix's, one for Military's, one for Calypso's, etc..

Could make a contest out of it aswell! ^_^ Picture of the year, hehe! It would be fun I think. :D
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Cuttingedge

My new adventura and feniks led light

Post by Cuttingedge »

i can't get a big picture in this message is this correct
:D :spyder: Ben
djinnzfree

Post by djinnzfree »

I'am not a photshop master but i just imagine opening an "oreo" cookie bag and saw a one like that... :D :D :D
I ♥ blade, kite, motorcycle and _ _ X!
jeru

Post by jeru »

I want to post a pic of how I used and enjoyed using my Spyderco yesterday. Then I saw the numerous threads of Spydie galleries and got confused. I was wondering if there is one general gallery thread of Spyderco pics or thread of pics of how you used them? I don't like posting it in a specific model-thread. Personally I think that's just boring to see a thread full of the same Spydies. I like the surprise element of watching pics of different Spyderco models in one thread. Any suggestion? Can I start a thread 'What did you do with your Spyderco?' or something?
wlwillie

Re: Rules for Posting in Gallery

Post by wlwillie »

Got it thanks.
Fonck

Post by Fonck »

I use Paint.net or Fotosizer to alter the size of my photos. Fotosizer is a very simple free program that works very well and is very easy to use.
Crow2012

Post by Crow2012 »

Hello, I've been gone awhile and have returned. I've noticed any pictures I post take some time to be approved and posted. Will that always be the case?
Thank you!
sirosis1971

Post by sirosis1971 »

Hi all, I'm new and I've found I'm having trouble posting pictures. I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 9 but can't seem to find how to reduce my pictures size. I'm getting an error saying file too large. Any help will be greatly appreciated 🙏
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

sirosis1971 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:50 pm
Hi all, I'm new and I've found I'm having trouble posting pictures. I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 9 but can't seem to find how to reduce my pictures size. I'm getting an error saying file too large. Any help will be greatly appreciated 🙏
Hi, sirosis1971:
Welcome to our forum. You'll find some great information from one of our members here, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83968.

We hope you enjoy your time with us.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Mike G

Post by Mike G »

what's the reason that you have to downsize your pictures so drastically on this forum? I don't host my knife pics on some website so I literally have to find some free website to reduce the size of a standard iphone picture of my knife. Just curious why the draconian limit on pic size on this forum.
Rymanz

Post by Rymanz »

Mike G wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:14 pm
what's the reason that you have to downsize your pictures so drastically on this forum? I don't host my knife pics on some website so I literally have to find some free website to reduce the size of a standard iphone picture of my knife. Just curious why the draconian limit on pic size on this forum.
Server space ain't free.
:bug-red
Models: PM2, Endura 4, Chaparral, Para 3 LW, Rescue 3, Para 3, Shaman, Manix 2, Native 5
Steels: Elmax, S30V, XHP, 4V, VG-10, CPM CRU-WEAR, K390, Z-WEAR, S45VN, 204P, REX 45
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Mike G wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:14 pm
You can use the method on the below thread. I use the direct link button. Once you get the hang of it, it is real fast. I have a bookmark to this site. No resizing necessary.

viewtopic.php?t=83968
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005