Just got six Spydies for $13!!!!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
kraziekurtis

Just got six Spydies for $13!!!!!

Post by kraziekurtis »

Edited by - kraziekurtis on 3/27/2002 7:36:44 PM
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

Ok. Slow down. I didn't know that you are 14, nor do I really care. I TRY to treat everyone with respect regardless of age. Anyway, I don't have much of a sense of humor or wit, so that's probably why I didn't catch onto your post. No one is poking fun at you, ignoring you, or anything like that. I must have misunderstood your post and tried to offer the best help that I could. Ok, back to Spydercos......

Edited by - Jazzman on 11/14/2001 10:58:19 AM
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

When you add in the cost of the surgery/stitches when the lock fails it is not such a good deal.
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

Edited by - kraziekurtis on 3/27/2002 7:39:08 PM
tique

Post by tique »

The age thing has nothing to do with it. I didn't know how old you were until I read this... I thought it was kinda stupid none the less before I made it through the title...
mschwoeb

Post by mschwoeb »

so then lets make it a discussion on fakes- what fake spydies has anyone seen out there?
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

Edited by - kraziekurtis on 3/27/2002 7:37:53 PM
mschwoeb

Post by mschwoeb »

I have never seen any yet and hope that I dont ever end up with any.

RYAN- isnt that "accept"? dont worry imake spllng mstks all the tme.LOL
Sword and Shield

Post by Sword and Shield »

Knockoff Ladybugs, Enduras and Civilians. The Endura was really quite obvious, as they accidentally had the steel stamped as ATS-5 instead of ATS-55. Needless to say, I walked away before I started laughing.

Keepin' it real...real sharp, that is.
Ed Gordon

Post by Ed Gordon »

The only "fake" I have seen up close is one POS my Dad carries. It is like a Delica with a thumbstud. I plan to get him a Vesuvious or Calypso Jr. FRN for Christmas. I have to believe he will like this enough better to carry it. I have given him other quality knives in the past and he keeps carrying the junk......
Ed Gordon

Post by Ed Gordon »

The only "fake" I have seen up close is one POS my Dad carries. It is like a Delica with a thumbstud. I plan to get him a Vesuvious or Calypso Jr. FRN for Christmas. I have to believe he will like this enough better to carry it. I have given him other quality knives in the past and he keeps carrying the junk......
kraziekurtis

Post by kraziekurtis »

Edited by - kraziekurtis on 3/27/2002 7:40:16 PM
razor dude

Post by razor dude »

I see the fakes all the time at flea markets and in some stores. Some of them have the plastic thumb studs instead of the hole. I don't even waste my time picking them up.

"Putt'n down tracks for that bear to smell"
clipiteer

Post by clipiteer »

Don't dis fakes...they are very useful as tent pegs, lol!
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I don't buy fakes for these reasons.

1. Sal designed it so Sal gets my money

2. I don't trust locks on cheaply made knives and that is especially true for cheaply made liner locks.

3. I like good quality.

4. I only carry knives, guns, and other tools that are excellent quality. I may have to use them in a life and death situation. If a tool fails in that kind of situation, you don't have the option of getting another from the box of a hundred you bought for a dollar each.

A lot of people think I am crazy for carrying a HK p7m8. It costs $1100.
How much is your life worth to you?

I like having the peace of mind knowing that my tools are up to the task.

Zach

Edited by - eclipse on 11/16/2001 5:53:19 PM
Kahz

Post by Kahz »

Eclipse,

How right you are. I have seen plenty of knockoffs in cheesy stores in downtown Chicago. Nothing like the real thing.

Kahz

"In science fiction, space and time warps are a commonplace. They are used for rapid journeys around the galaxy, or for travel through time. But today's science fiction, is often tomorrow's science fact." Stephen Hawking
haji

Post by haji »

I've not yet seen a true knock off of a Spyderco yet, just some that copy the features...poorly. However, many moons ago at a gun show, I saw a knock off of a knock off. The Al Mar Warrior (the same knife that REKAT makes as the Hobbit) had just come out about 6 months before, and had immediate knock off from Taiwan. A short time later, at another gunshow, I saw a Chinese made knife that copied the Taiwanese one, in that it copied the mistakes of the Taiwanese one. It was good for a laugh, and luckily, nobody was buying them that I saw. Good reason to pay a little bit more for a piece from an authorized dealer, huh?

Its all fun and games til somebody loses an eye, then its fun annd games you can't see.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

saw 2 knockoffs in 1 day!

Harpy knockoff carried by the new guy at Cutting Edge as his beater(aka prybar)

MT LCC D/A knockoff selling for $70CDN, with wood handles instead of the kevlar.

We all start with 10 fingers. Those with Spydies have 9 to spare, Still need a thumb. Good thing I still have 8 to spare...