What a score!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Thud

Woody falling out of his chair, laying on his back gasping for air... Very Nice...
Easer to ask for forgiveness than permission…. :p
spyderwa

Oregon

Post by spyderwa »

We really did have a great time at the show. My arm is still a little sore from trying to restrain Felly from all the nearby Spyderco deals. And my ankle is sore from trying to trip him as he was running toward more rare spydies. And my neck is still sore after the police clubbed me for falsely reporting Felly for numerous crimes to to get him away from the tables. Oh well, life goes on.

spyderwa

Rare Spyderco Website
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

spyderwa wrote:My arm is still a little sore from trying to restrain Felly from all the nearby Spyderco deals. And my ankle is sore from trying to trip him as he was running toward more rare spydies.
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

DaddyBarlow wrote:I don't think blade is made of S30V. :rolleyes:
Is it the new run in s90v?
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Jose Diaz

Shampoo Oregon Knife Collectors Association

Post by Jose Diaz »

I really enjoyed myself at The Oregon Collectors Association knife show. It was really cool meeting Puyallupknifegu as well as other forumites. It is a ton of fun to be in a room really big room filled with that many knives.

I had a chance to meet Sal, who I found to be a very honorable and generous man. Ed Schempp was also there, in his usual home was willing to share as much knowledge as someone is willing to absorb.

I also had the opportunity to meet Wayne Goddard. That was a really great experience.

I also had the opportunity to speak about the ICCT knife cutting competitions to many people.

Respectfully, José Diaz
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Jose, how did I miss you at the show? I was at C-11 a lot of the time helping some friends with their table and also running myself ragged trying to take it all in. :eek: Funny I didn't run into you.
Oh well, there's always next year! ;)
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

See, I know by now that of all the forumites if fellyjr is the one saying "What a score!!" then it's a REALLY big deal.

It would suffice to say that I was really impressed (not really surprised, mind you) to see the SFSW Goddard, Police pin, Terzoula, Laguioles, and Schempp tiles, but what made me as dizzy as I am right now was the sight of the engraved CF Military. I know good things happen to good people, but DAAAAAMMN! :eek:

Although I cannot offer such a grand salute as Sal has, I tip my hat to you and offer my congratulations on your new additions. What a score indeed, felly!

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

spyderwa wrote:We really did have a great time at the show. My arm is still a little sore from trying to restrain Felly from all the nearby Spyderco deals. And my ankle is sore from trying to trip him as he was running toward more rare spydies. And my neck is still sore after the police clubbed me for falsely reporting Felly for numerous crimes to to get him away from the tables. Oh well, life goes on.

spyderwa

Rare Spyderco Website
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/spyderwa
spyderwa I am sorry that I wasn't there on Friday to assist you with restraining Felly...work and all that...

Next year I will bring the leg irons and be there hopefully in time to get in line ahead of Fellyjr...LOL!! J/K Felly...(or am I?!) I will be practicing my sprinting for next year...gotta make it to those tables before you guys!!
My wife has offered to try and tackle and hold Felly down and give me a headstart...although if Felly's wife comes again next year, she might try to pull my wife off of him...hmmm...then I would have spyderwa on my heels...hopefully he doesn't bring his sons to help him either...hmmm...strategy... :p
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

uhiforgot wrote:See, I know by now that of all the forumites if fellyjr is the one saying "What a score!!" then it's a REALLY big deal.

It would suffice to say that I was really impressed (not really surprised, mind you) to see the SFSW Goddard, Police pin, Terzoula, Laguioles, and Schempp tiles, but what made me as dizzy as I am right now was the sight of the engraved CF Military. I know good things happen to good people, but DAAAAAMMN! :eek:

Although I cannot offer such a grand salute as Sal has, I tip my hat to you and offer my congratulations on your new additions. What a score indeed, felly!
You know, this made me chuckle a bit reading it for some odd reason. :D
And to tell you the truth, my head is STILL spinning due to the residual high I got at the show. The goodies were really cool, but the people I spent my time with were what made it a really great show. My friends with the table where I helped out are awesome folks and it was a joy to be able to help out with setting up and helping customers and then tearing down and packing up. Overall it was an enjoyable and fun time, but it left me pretty exhausted!

I want to thank all you guy's for the cool comments and kind words! I do feel very fortunate to be in the company of some fine people on this Forum, and to have met a couple Forumites at this last show! ;) :)
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Puyallupknifegu wrote:spyderwa I am sorry that I wasn't there on Friday to assist you with restraining Felly...work and all that...

Next year I will bring the leg irons and be there hopefully in time to get in line ahead of Fellyjr...LOL!! J/K Felly...(or am I?!) I will be practicing my sprinting for next year...gotta make it to those tables before you guys!!
My wife has offered to try and tackle and hold Felly down and give me a headstart...although if Felly's wife comes again next year, she might try to pull my wife off of him...hmmm...then I would have spyderwa on my heels...hopefully he doesn't bring his sons to help him either...hmmm...strategy... :p
That's some funny stuff PKG! :D
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Puyallupknifegu wrote:spyderwa I am sorry that I wasn't there on Friday to assist you with restraining Felly...work and all that...

Felly, I'll agree that this is funny stuff, BUT...

Virtually every member of this forum owns a knife, yet nobody has mentioned a good old-fashioned tire slashing* :eek: ]*NOTE: What I find funny is not the tire slashing idea itself but the fact that nobody has mentioned it yet.[/size]

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
spyderwa

Tires

Post by spyderwa »

Slashing tires wouldn't work since half the time we were riding in the same car from the hotel to the show. Need to figure out a better way.
Actually there were enough knives to go around. I spent more than I had planned but that is a good thing. People in the hunt are always searching for different things anyway. And when they are looking for the same stuff, there is always misdirection as in, "hey Felly, look, free Spydercos on aisle C" Works like a charm.

spyderwa
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

rcbalt2 wrote:Is it the new run in s90v?
Hmmmmm, I'd ask Felly that one!!! :D :D :D :D
griff76

Post by griff76 »

Ever since the whole bi-fold saga thread I've been wondering how Spyderco would make it up to you Felly. Well, Sal and crew came through again. The bi-fold was nice, but you have a real treasure there with that personalized Millie from the man himself!! Props to you for doing the right thing (no matter how hard it may have been). I hope you at least got to EDC the bi-fold while you had it ;) .
"There was never a good knife made out of bad steel"
-Benjamin Franklin
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

wow a (S90V? Out with it Felly! :D ) CF Military ... what a generous gift by Sal! :cool: :eek: :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

[quote="griff76"]Ever since the whole bi-fold saga thread I've been wondering how Spyderco would make it up to you Felly. Well, Sal and crew came through again. The bi-fold was nice, but you have a real treasure there with that personalized Millie from the man himself!! Props to you for doing the right thing (no matter how hard it may have been). I hope you at least got to EDC the bi-fold while you had it ]
I will be honest, the Bifold was extremely hard to give up! I tried to justify in my mind how to keep it and still have a good conscience, but I just couldn't do it. I mulled it over many times, and each time I came up with the same thing. I knew I would never have a good, happy feeling about owning it given the circumstances surrounding how I came to be in possession of it. In the end , I feel that I came away the real winner, not because of what I got in return for the Bifold, but because I did the right thing with it. Don't get me wrong though, the gifts from Sal are priceless and something to be cherished, and I am very proud to have received them from him!

And yes, I did get to EDC the Bifold and take tons of photo's of it so I did have a good time with it while I had it. I hope to own one eventually if they ever do get released. ;)
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

jaislandboy wrote:wow a (S90V? Out with it Felly! :D ) CF Military ... what a generous gift by Sal! :cool: :eek: :cool:
First, truly a wonderful gift, I agree. Shows the great character of both.

That said, don't "out with it Felly". It is funny watching people wonder. LMAO
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

Felly, so is that a "YES" on S90V blade steel... ;)
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

flyguy wrote: It is funny watching people wonder. LMAO
Yes it is!
I'm LMAO too!! :D :D :D
Th232

Post by Th232 »

fellyjr wrote:Yes it is!
I'm LMAO too!! :D :D :D
I note that in the first pic of the Millie, the blade stops just before the stamp, and in the second, the handle just covers up the first number. Was that deliberate?
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.