Favorite Comedy???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Puyallupknifegu

Favorite Comedy???

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

Hi Everybody!!

What is your favorite comedy and why?

I think that mine might be Office Space!! I worked in offices when I was younger, especially around the time that movie was made!!

I think this might have been the best scene in the movie!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AQzIg0CPW5Q

LOL!!!

Turn your volume down if you're at work!!! Explicit lyrics in the background music!!! Sorry!

Tim
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

My all-time favorite comedy movie is Fletch. Chevy Chase is a natural when it comes to being funny. I'd have to say most of the Vacation movies would come in second.
Puyallupknifegu

I love Chevy's delivery...it's very smooth! I love the Caddyshack movies!!! Especially the Bill Murray parts!!! LOL!!

T
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Office Space was good...

My recent favorite I have seen on DVD was Death to Smoochy.

Ed Norton: "I don't believe in guns."
Danny Devito: "Really?"
Ed Norton: "Yeah when we would play Cowboys and Indians as kids I was always the Chinese Railroad Worker."

Snatch was pretty funny also.
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
foggy

Post by foggy »

¡The Three Amigos! :) always funny... kinda
The sharper they are the less they hurt when you cut yourself. :spyder:
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

If we're talking movies I'd have to go with Visitor Q. It's pitch black comedy, but very very funny. Makes "Very Bad Things" look like a Disney flick though.

Now if we're talking TV shows that's a little harder for me to say. I have really liked Arrested Development, Wonderfalls, The Sarah Silverman Program, Invader Zim... wait a second.

I have to say, now that I think about it, Venture Bros is my favorite comedy show, hands down.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I don't know if it's my favourite comedy, but I've now seen Borat three times and laughed just as hard each time. I'd start laughing before a funny scene would start. For me, there's something about people not being in on the joke that is especially funny.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Ooh, tough one, I laugh like crazy at both The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore. Most people who've seen them just kind of look at me goofy when I say that because they are so dry and glib. I love Bill Murray. I would have to say that all-time favorites comedy movie is either Ghostbusters or Caddyshack. And I think that I'd have to lean toward Caddyshack given my sig.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
hornshwangler

Post by hornshwangler »

Two of my favorites, "In search of the Holy Grail" and "The Big Lebowski". Both are classics, IMHO.

Dan
The Dude Abides.
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

hornshwangler wrote:Two of my favorites, "In search of the Holy Grail" and "The Big Lebowski". Both are classics, IMHO.

Dan
How could I have forgotten The Big Lebowski. I just watched it last weekend. I can't usually even go a month without watching that movie at least once. I can't believe I didn't think of it.

"Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man."
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Come to think of it, I think Office Space is the best comedy I've seen in the past few years. Thanks for the link, that scene is classic!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Puyallupknifegu

Jenner 515 wrote:Office Space was good...

My recent favorite I have seen on DVD was Death to Smoochy.

Ed Norton: "I don't believe in guns."
Danny Devito: "Really?"
Ed Norton: "Yeah when we would play Cowboys and Indians as kids I was always the Chinese Railroad Worker."

Snatch was pretty funny also.

LOL!!! I've never seen the movie, but I use "Death to Smoochy" as an expression!! Haha!!
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Puyallupknifegu

dedguy wrote:If we're talking movies I'd have to go with Visitor Q. It's pitch black comedy, but very very funny. Makes "Very Bad Things" look like a Disney flick though.

Now if we're talking TV shows that's a little harder for me to say. I have really liked Arrested Development, Wonderfalls, The Sarah Silverman Program, Invader Zim... wait a second.

I have to say, now that I think about it, Venture Bros is my favorite comedy show, hands down.

Hold up! I love Invader Zim!!! I have all three volumes and usually watch it before I go to sleep at night!!! LOL!!!

And Venture Brothers is kind of in the same vein as Family Guy!! Love'em!!
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Puyallupknifegu

flipe8 wrote:I don't know if it's my favourite comedy, but I've now seen Borat three times and laughed just as hard each time. I'd start laughing before a funny scene would start. For me, there's something about people not being in on the joke that is especially funny.

Sorry, but a guy I sat next to on the plane was watching it, and I almost threw up at a certain part...it involved nudity...I'll let you guess which part that was...! *Bleechhh*

:o
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Puyallupknifegu

ASmitty wrote:Ooh, tough one, I laugh like crazy at both The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore. Most people who've seen them just kind of look at me goofy when I say that because they are so dry and glib. I love Bill Murray. I would have to say that all-time favorites comedy movie is either Ghostbusters or Caddyshack. And I think that I'd have to lean toward Caddyshack given my sig.

Caddyshack rules!! I just love Bill trying to get the gopher!!! Haha!!
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Puyallupknifegu

hornshwangler wrote:Two of my favorites, "In search of the Holy Grail" and "The Big Lebowski". Both are classics, IMHO.

Dan

The Holy Grail....ahh yes...my wife and I used to watch that before we got married...and all of our friends would quote it...probably the most quoted movie I've ever seen!! "I'm invincible"! "You're a loony"!!

Love it!!
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
Puyallupknifegu

Mr Blonde wrote:Come to think of it, I think Office Space is the best comedy I've seen in the past few years. Thanks for the link, that scene is classic!

Wouter

Anytime, Wouter!! I just wish we all lived closer to each other so we could have movie nights!!! I would love to sit and laugh with all of you!!! Ok, if I ever get to your side of the "pond", we've got to watch that movie together!! Deal?

:D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I have got to agree with Puyallupknifegu's opinion of Borat. I am still trying to get those images out of my head. My vote would go to 'So I Married an Axe Murderer.
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Visitor Q has several instances of people being hit over the heads with rocks which for my money is just about the funniest thing that can be done.

"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Harry White

Post by Harry White »

dedguy wrote:If we're talking movies I'd have to go with Visitor Q. It's pitch black comedy, but very very funny. Makes "Very Bad Things" look like a Disney flick though.
ahh - a fellow takashi miike fan -- nice! i've seen most of his films, and visitor q is unique in that it is very funny in a sick kinda way.

also recommended for sick comedies -- Happiness.
Users: SS Police PE, Delica 4 PE, Kopa Cocobolo, Blue Dodo SE, Yellow Pacific Salt PE, Micarta SPOT SE, Gray Calypso Jr, Temperance SE, Burgandy Jess Horn w/ZDP, UK Penknife, BB Delica 3 PE, Captain, CF Military w/BG-42, Lava, Caly3 SE, Para-Military SE, Manix CE, BB Para-Military SE, Delica 4 Wave, Ocelot CE, SpyderFly, Navigator II SE, Vagabond, D'Allara Drop Point CE, Black Assist I, Bug Set (and also: Sharpmaker, SS byrd Finch PE, Profile Set, byrd Firebyrd, Large Spyderpac, byrd Wings)