My Natives

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
garrett

My Natives

Post by garrett »

I posted a few days ago that I could not believe the difference a year had made. Well in looking through the online catlogue, I saw the Iraqi Freedom Native. I immediately went to order one, as I have a similiar tribute knife from CRKT. Well I saw that I could not get it online, so I went to my PX to see if they could order one for me, but they already had them on the shelf. So I scooped one up, and brought it home to add to my collection.

Here are some pics of it, and the Native III I carried in Iraq while I was an office pogue. You have no idea how many boxes I had to kill with this native :) :) .

Anyway, I stink at taking pictures, but here they are. Thanks to Sal and the rest of Spyderco for making such a great knife and thanks for your continued support of those of us in uniform.

Semper Fi,

Garrett

I actually have all the Spydercos I want. Isn't that wierd? On second though, no I don't...
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

People that like Natives are generally quite loyal to them. I have a CRKT OEF that I picked up when I was in Afghanistan. That is one tough knife. As much as it can take anything you can throw at it, I love my Spyderco's!
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Garrett, did you get your OIF Native at a PX in the states? THX
DRod

Post by DRod »

Nice. Im thinking of having my brother hook me up with one of these. I have a regular Native, and the tan OEF is growing on me.

He gave me a CRKT m16-14zsf OEF. Its just too big for EDC, not that I would anyway. :)
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947
D-Roc

Post by D-Roc »

I may be wrong, but as far as I know you can only acquire OEF/OIF certified knives in Afghanistan or Iraq
Edit- saw the post at the top. I stand corrected.
garrett

Post by garrett »

I got my tan native at the PX here stateside. I was surprised as the rest of you, when I saw it, I actually bought it is a daze, I was so amazed to actually see it.

I am headed back over there to buy a Delica 4, if it is PE and I get some free time today.

Garrett
I actually have all the Spydercos I want. Isn't that wierd? On second though, no I don't...
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

nice collection Garrett....thanx for the pics....gotta love the Native... :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Thanks Garrett! I guess they have made more and decided to sell them in the U.S. now, interesting? Guess the ones on the bay won't be nearly as popular now. Odd because last week we checked 3 FOB's in Iraq and they didn't have any.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Dragon,

They're not supposed to be in the PX. The Military purchased some, years ago, for the uniform shop. Few have been shipped to them in years. They are supposed to be available down range, but usually are not. Most go out each month to the Middle East in our lottery.

sal
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Hi Sal,

Thank you very much for taking your time to clear this up. Yourself and Spyderco never cease to amaze me, the service, quality and time you take for your customers is unmatchable. I respect and admire what you do for our troops. Thank you....