how about another spyderco necklace?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

cobrajoe wrote:Looks like a fun concept th, but I was thinking about how cool a mini SE harpy would be. The harpy is the longest running model currently in the lineup, right?
A tiny hawkbill blade might be more useful at cutting things such as small strings and fibers due to the hawkbill blade holding the object being cut on the blade.

I THINK WE ARE ON TO SOMETHING HERE!
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Interesting idea Will, but I'd prefer a mini-Spyderco style necklace. You might want to start a new thread with your picture idea...
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Capt. Carl wrote:A tiny hawkbill blade might be more useful at cutting things such as small strings and fibers due to the hawkbill blade holding the object being cut on the blade.

I THINK WE ARE ON TO SOMETHING HERE!
That's actually a very good idea! How big do you think the serrations will be (if any)? :D
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

Th232 wrote:That's actually a very good idea! How big do you think the serrations will be (if any)? :D
I think that if the serrations were the same size as they were on the mini police, it should work alright. Although, it might be best to go with a plain edge.
A hawkbill blade on a knife this size would be huge advantage for sure either way.
Spydiman

Post by Spydiman »

Capt. Carl wrote:I think that if the serrations were the same size as they were on the mini police, it should work alright. Although, it might be best to go with a plain edge.
A hawkbill blade on a knife this size would be huge advantage for sure either way.

I agree, I'd love a hawkbill blade for this, it just clicks.....
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Cool, I had a good idea :p

I have been thinking a mini hawk would be really cool, but I couldn't really get any support behind it until now :D
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

cobrajoe wrote:Cool, I had a good idea :p

I have been thinking a mini hawk would be really cool, but I couldn't really get any support behind it until now :D
Right you did...Right... ;)
Th232

Post by Th232 »

One small question, if this goes ahead, will it be a slipjoint like all the others, or would a lock be possible? Then again, I'm not entirely sure what kind of lock we'd be able to use.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

flyguy

Totem necklace

Post by flyguy »

Will - After reading why Sal created the Totem, I don't think it was intended to be a knife. This thread discusses it, very unique and interesting piece.
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ight=totem
Th232

Post by Th232 »

flyguy wrote:Will - After reading why Sal created the Totem, I don't think it was intended to be a knife. This thread discusses it, very unique and interesting piece.
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.p ... ight=totem
Mmm... yes, I'd have to agree with you. Let's not go down that path.
Will

surawut

Post by surawut »

I currently using a Swisstech Utilikey. It is simply look like a key and it can unfold to be a CE Blade. I think we can took this design and make modification to be a real necklace knife.

See the picture for more detail.

1. We can make the Blade and handle bigger to the same width of the necklace.
2. We can make the handle more comfortable and groove for fingers.

What do you guys think?
Attachments
Image029 (Large).jpg
Image029 (Large).jpg (55.06 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
utilkey.jpg
utilkey.jpg (23.87 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
stutilikey1.jpg
stutilikey1.jpg (32.86 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Sharpest thing you need to have is your mind.

zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Th232 wrote:One small question, if this goes ahead, will it be a slipjoint like all the others, or would a lock be possible? Then again, I'm not entirely sure what kind of lock we'd be able to use.
Dude the smallfry have locks. Other than fixed blades, balisongs, and the UK pen they all lock....er as far as I can remember.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
golem

Post by golem »

zenheretic wrote:Dude the smallfry have locks. Other than fixed blades, balisongs, and the UK pen they all lock....er as far as I can remember.
a quality mini bali would be so cool!
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

golem wrote:a quality mini bali would be so cool!
Oh yes, very yes. But...

I don't think you could make a flippable tiny bali without having some serious blade play, there'd be absolutely no weight in the handles.

I was also thinking a Salt would be fun, a mini yellow FRN handle :D

Actually, you could just put a H1 blade in a ladybug with a yellow FRN handle, and it would be too freaking cool.
golem

Post by golem »

cobrajoe wrote:Oh yes, very yes. But...

I don't think you could make a flippable tiny bali without having some serious blade play, there'd be absolutely no weight in the handles.

I was also thinking a Salt would be fun, a mini yellow FRN handle :D

Actually, you could just put a H1 blade in a ladybug with a yellow FRN handle, and it would be too freaking cool.
of course it won't flip well, just a great lock idea for a mini pendant knife.
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

I'd like to see a REALLY Mini Manix.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

Th232 wrote:Mmm... yes, I'd have to agree with you. Let's not go down that path.
Ok, so let's not.

How about taking a trip back down the Cricket necklace path. Imagine a Cricket, maybe the size of a quarter or a bit larger, but perfectly round when closed. The cutout on the non-clip side being made on both sides to make a nice place for traction in a one-finger grip, slip joint lock, and this allows for the blade to be wharncliffe, hawkbill, reverse-s, or semi-leaf style. This opens up a few doors, eh?

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
MokoShang

My .02

Post by MokoShang »

I'd luv to see a Lum or Cricket.. :spyder:
"Born to Paddle" :cool:
surawut

Post by surawut »

uhiforgot wrote:Ok, so let's not.

How about taking a trip back down the Cricket necklace path. Imagine a Cricket, maybe the size of a quarter or a bit larger, but perfectly round when closed. The cutout on the non-clip side being made on both sides to make a nice place for traction in a one-finger grip, slip joint lock, and this allows for the blade to be wharncliffe, hawkbill, reverse-s, or semi-leaf style. This opens up a few doors, eh?

-Jeff
That's sound interesting. I think for Cricket, once opened, we might be able to get a small choil there. And that would make it a 2 fingers knife. And I think with the slipjoint, it is still safe enough. Just think of the UK Penknife.

The Sharpest thing you need to have is your mind.

ruxton

Post by ruxton »

Mini-Harpy sounds cool, obviously whatever the design it would have to be H1/Ti :) I'd get a mini harpy.
"Even though I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability." - Bruce Lee