Which current Spydies will become the next Classics

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MacTech

Which current Spydies will become the next Classics

Post by MacTech »

Looking at the Classic Spydies thread has got me wondering....

Which current or recently discontinued Spydies will be the next "Classics"

what springs to mind are;

Dodo
Lava
Karambit
Rainbow Spyderfly

what current/recently disco'ed Spydies do you think are due to become classics?
Save the Dodo (Collect the whole set!)
Proud owner of 3 Blue Dodo's, SE#130, SE, and PE
Join the Cult Of H-1....
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I'm thinking any of the spyderfly's especially the rainbow and the vg-10 versions
the full sized persian
the CF military in s30v
the Yojimbo
the ronin
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Razor

Post by Razor »

What about the Caly III?
bh49

Post by bh49 »

discontinued: Dodo
Current: Caly3, Kopa,Kiwi
I hope it will not happened soon, I hope Spyderco will be making these knives for very long time.
I am not sure if I should name Persian because it is already "Classic" at least in my opinion.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
docboy

Post by docboy »

yeah, definitely the full-size persian. fit and finish were superb, and the design is unbelievable for a production knife.
GradeMaker

Post by GradeMaker »

mini manix
TFin04

Post by TFin04 »

My first thought was a Caly III as well.

Now I just need to get one!
Steelman

Post by Steelman »

This one is definitely going to be a classic :)

:spyder: Collector #132 :cool:

Custom Avatar by DiAlex
JD Spydo

fixed blade classics

Post by JD Spydo »

I think 3 of the next Spyders in line to be slam dunk classics are fixed blades. They are the Temperance, The Ronin and the LUM tanto fixed blade. They are truly flowers already starting to bloom.

In particular the Temperance fixed blade during it's tenure was unjustly ignored and overlooked. Unfortunately I never got my first one until they announced it to be among the discontinued. But mark my words the Great Spyder Factory is on the threshold of being a company just as known for their fixed blades as they are their fabulous folders. :cool:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

I define “classic” as a knife that has been in production for more than ten years (the Military is a recent addition under my definition). The knives I think will stay in production for a long long time to come are…

Caly 3
Mini-Manix
Lava
Most of the Salt series
And hopefully the Spyderfly
raven

Post by raven »

The Adventura, Lava, Poliwog...........Like the "Q", The "S" will also be a classic ;) .

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
mikebandw186

Post by mikebandw186 »

i have to throw in a vote for the Stretch. as i understand it, Mr. Glesser designed it to be the perfect user knife. it just hasn't caught on. It's on my short list of knives to get, because i love it. but other things keep popping up, darn it!
“Open, close, cut, clean, oil, cut, cut, cut... To a Spyderco, that is living. Letting it die in the box is to lose 75% of what we put into it." Sal Glesser

Proudly carrying the SpyderEdge!

Chance is a fickle B$%^h and I have no faith in the judgmental abilities of criminals. -KaliGMan
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

Ronin and Yojimbo.
Possibly the Karambit.

:spyder:
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Full sized Persian, Adventura, Lava, Dodo, Yojimbo, and Captain.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Yojimbo and Ronin...although since they are already DC'd I'm not sure they fit the criteria of the OP.

Interesting that the Rainbow Spyderfly was mentioned several times...it hardly made a whimper in internet dialogue all the way up to the time it was revealed that all spyderflys are in limbo (which was after the fact that the rainbow model was dc'd). Now there are no new Flys coming for "months" the Rainbow is destined to be a classic.

Not harping on anyone, just observing the oddities of life. :)

I will say that if the Bali thing doesn't get cleared up, the Szabofly is certainly going to go through the roof for desire.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
ruxton

Post by ruxton »

The Yojimbo.
"Even though I, Bruce Lee, may die some day without fulfilling all of my ambitions, I will have no regrets. I did what I wanted to do and what I've done, I've done with sincerity and to the best of my ability." - Bruce Lee