Great book

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Caleb

Great book

Post by Caleb »

yesterday,I've received the spyderco story and i would thanks kenneth ,Sal and the Spyderco crew for this great,complete and interesting book!!

If you trust in god and think he makes good things then god hates the USA(And the human reign)
Ashram

Post by Ashram »

You have some messed up ideas for the creator.
Tom Puderbaugh

Post by Tom Puderbaugh »

Calib,

I just saw your posting about God. Since you are not from the United States and I'm assuming that English is not your primary language, I would like to give you the opportunity to explain what you ment.

I hope you made a mistake in translation. Otherwise I personally will never answer another posting you ever make. (And I hope everyone else on this list will do the same.)

America has been through a terrible tragedy and if you lack the sensitivity to recognize that, then I (for one) hope we never see you on this message board again.

Tom Puderbaugh
yog

Post by yog »

I took it to mean "How can god be just if he lets tradjedies like this happens ?", which would be a sypathetic message to Americans, but which would still land him in trouble with the devoutly religous.

Launguage is a very tricky thing on the Internet.
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Sorry but it is my opinion about the religions(i'm a pure atheist)!Look around you and wake up!Do you know the number of people who carves death in the world?IT IS TIME TO PUT THINGS INTO PERSPECTIVE.I know it is a tragedy and the guilties must be judged but there are more important tragedies in the world.
So i'm tolerant about all forms of religions but i dislike extremist(in both sides).i don't like your nation who claims to be "tolerant"you don't know the meaning of LIBERTY.of course if you ban me you will prove that you are hypocritical and not tolerant and then you aren't the nation of liberty.

the only paradise which exists is the artificial one.
chinook

Post by chinook »

lib•er•ty "li-ber-te noun

1 a : the quality or state of being free:
a : the power to do as one pleases
b : freedom from physical restraint
c : freedom from arbitrary or despotic control
d : the positive enjoyment of various social, political, or economic rights and privileges
e : the power of choice
2 a : a right or immunity enjoyed by prescription or by grant : privilege
b : permission esp. to go freely within specified limits
3 : an action going beyond normal limits: as
a : a breach of etiquette or propriety : familiarity
b : risk, chance <took foolish liberties with his health>
c : a violation of rules or a deviation from standard practice
d : a distortion of fact
4 : a short authorized absence from naval duty usu. for less than 48 hours syn see freedom
at liberty
1 : free
2 : at leisure : unoccupied

(C)1996 Zane Publishing, Inc. and Merriam-Webster, Incorporated. All rights reserved.

Under definition #3 above, I am free to associate with whom I please.
Goodbye Caleb

Disguised as a responsible adult
Sirius

Post by Sirius »

Caleb,
Everyone is allowed to have their own opinion, BUT you cross the line when you force it upon others in a forum such as this. This is a place for people to come and discuss common interests - not to be divided and fight over issues. This is not a political forum. If you want to fight about politics and religion I personally suggest you find another place.

I am not American, nor am I Christian, Muslim or any other religion your post may have offended, but I was DEEPLY offended when I read it because of what it implies to so many people, especially in the US. Throwing insults and insinuations like you have at a time like this when the whole world is facing such a horrible issue is frankly, revolting...

Please go away. I fully support all the others who have inflicted self-bans on you.

You are the weakest link...goodbye.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I guess caleb has the right to speak his oppinions about god thats fredom of speach but I also have the right not to read it or respond to him. This will be my last reply to caleb.

Jeff

Edited by - J Smith on 9/21/2001 10:40:46 AM
Caleb

Post by Caleb »

Sirius>why i'm the weakest link? Because i'm atheist?
If you are not spiteful we can also turn the page(I'll keep my ideas and you'll keep yours) and talk about knives.

You cannot sedate all the things you hate.
thorin hammer

Post by thorin hammer »

Caleb, I consider your comment an extremist comment. I would go a lot further but that isn't what this forum is about. Nor will I argue with you cause it isn't worth it.

Some laws permit, what honor dose not.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

To all:

I echo the comments made by Sirius. We are all entitled to our beliefs and opinions, but this is not the proper forum to impose them on others or knowingly make comments that will infuriate and incite others.

Caleb's closing comment had nothing to do with the Spyderco book and I find it hard to believe that he made that comment without believing that it would offend other forumites. In the interest of preserving the stated goals of this forum and keeping it from degenerating further, I am closing this thread.

Michael Janich
MBC Chief Instructor/Forum Moderator