Worst gift

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
J Smith

Worst gift

Post by J Smith »

Whats the worst gift you recieved this year?
It really wasn't bad for me as it has been in the past.The worst one I got this year was a rechargeable leaf blower mainly because both batteries were bad.Its the only one besides a cordless mouse that I will be returning.Only returning the mouse because it is a 5 button and the way I hold a mouse I keep hitting the extra buttons.
My worst of all time was a gift I got in school in the 3rd grade.A pack of pencils,they were fun to use while everyone else was playing with their toys.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
JD Spydo

This made no sense what so ever

Post by JD Spydo »

Well this year I haven't gotten any bad gifts but 2 years ago some very dear friends of mine ( husband & wife) got me a cheap, Chinese made, Cub scout knife :confused: . I know it's the thought that counts but this was truly a head scratcher. Them knowing that I was a serious knife collector and they had seen several of the blades in my collection :confused: I am still baffled by that one :rolleyes: It would have been about the equivalent of me buying her a cheap immitation Barbie Doll and me buying him a Mattel cap gun :confused:

I did thank them for the gift but it immediately went into the dumpster. It wasn't even a gift for an adult :rolleyes: Don't get me wrong I love these people dearly but this was truly an anomaly that I will never figure out. An Elmer Fudd wrist watch would have made much more sense. At least I could have got a good laugh out of that one :confused: Actually I would have probably wore it a few times :rolleyes:
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Zwaplat

Post by Zwaplat »

What, I really have to chose between my DVD 'Bandidas' or my Dremel ? Dang, tough choice...gotta be the DVD though.

My point being, I didn't get anything bad presents. :D
Help science, join Folding@Home !
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

My mother-in-law gave me an RNC calendar with the shrub on the cover. A gag gift (gag, gag). It will of course provide minutes of doodling pleasure to add horns and other marks of the beast.

All in good fun, of course.

:D
EarthDog
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

I got some socks. Which isn't bad exept the color. I don't wear brightly colored socks. White or black maybe brown every once in a while. Why would I ever wear red socks. Best gift this year, one of my friends gave me a crow.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
denn

Post by denn »

worst gift ever:

my dad gave me his gold ring with orange stone in it years ago that he wore for like 20 years straught, and which i always admired. i got it, i didn't wear it, but i liked it

a few months later, he asks the ring back, because he got second thoughts and remorse.

i said 'no problem dad, stuff happens, here ya go'.

couple weeks after that i found out he brought the ring to a jeweller to have it melted down for the gold and the stone in it........for a few freaking $$$'s......

just thinking about it again completely blacks me out :(

denn
Zac

Post by Zac »

The worst gift I ever got was a 2003 calender...this was in the year of 2005. :p
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
chinook

Post by chinook »

denn wrote:worst gift ever:

... i didn't wear it, but i liked it...

denn
Gotta wonder.... if you had worn it....... I dunno, maybe not.

Butt he did give it to you, and that says something.
.><CHINOOK*>
denn

Post by denn »

chinook wrote:Gotta wonder.... if you had worn it....... I dunno, maybe not.

Butt he did give it to you, and that says something.
yeah, you got a point there. i have my ups and downs with my dad, but currently we're totally cool with each other :cool:

denn
raven

Post by raven »

Hey All, Not this year, but a few years back.............talk about a "Head Scratcher". Aunt and Uncle gave me a..........Hmmm :confused: :confused: Well, A Huge Plastic Toy "GRASSHOPPER"!!! No Kidding!!! It's like the size of a gallon jug. It's the thought that counts, but.........WOW :eek: !!! I Still Have It :rolleyes: . Take Good Care All.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

raven wrote:Hey All, Not this year, but a few years back.............talk about a "Head Scratcher". Aunt and Uncle gave me a..........Hmmm :confused: :confused: Well, A Huge Plastic Toy "GRASSHOPPER"!!! No Kidding!!! It's like the size of a gallon jug. It's the thought that counts, but.........WOW :eek: !!! I Still Have It :rolleyes: . Take Good Care All.

-raven-
PICS! :eek:
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
raven

Post by raven »

Pix, As soon as I can borrow a digicam, and dig out the "Monster" (it's in storage..........But Still Have It). Didn't Want It Out Scaring People :eek: :p :D .

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

I never gotten a "worst gift".

I'm always thankful for whatever people give me.

What kind of person would I be if I thought that a gift sucked when a person went out of their way to get me something?

Pretty much someone would have to give me a bag of poop for me to get a "worst gift".
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

David Lowry wrote:I never gotten a "worst gift".

I'm always thankful for whatever people give me.

What kind of person would I be if I thought that a gift sucked when a person went out of their way to get me something?

Pretty much someone would have to give me a bag of poop for me to get a "worst gift".
address? :D
Anyway, I got $11 for my 13th birthday from my grandparents. I was still grateful for the money, I'm not sure if they thought I was turning 11, or tried to give me $10.
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
fret

Post by fret »

Worst gift. I got a box of coal and sticks. Bad Santa that year. I think I was about 11 years old. Disliked Santa ever since. :D
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

my mom bought me clothes she thought appropriate for "a graduate student."

1. wrong sizes
2. never would have worn this stuff even if it were sized right
3. explained to my family not to buy me clothes, that i just bought some and didn't need any, etc.
4. i'm not going to be "a graduate student"... i'm about to go off and do another year of volunteering, off in the mountains, working outside a lot. which i think disappointed my mom somehow?

so it was like getting something i didn't need/want, AND getting the message that my there's some disappointment in the fact i chose to do useful, meanful work instead of going off and feeling like i'm gathering dust in some university...
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

I've got one for you. The wife gave me a hair dryer this year .. :mad: Mostly because she doesn't want to to use hers ... Yippie Ki Ya ..
Steve
denn

Post by denn »

Stevie Ray wrote:I've got one for you. The wife gave me a hair dryer this year .. :mad: Mostly because she doesn't want to to use hers ... Yippie Ki Ya ..
ROTFLMAO, the horror! :D

come on, you need a hug Image

denn
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

One year I recieved a hooded sweatshirt. It was burgundy. It was too small, it turned pink the first time I washed it, and the zipper was broken.

I recieved this, this year, I thought it was hilarious when I opened it. Only thing bad about it is it doesn't fit on the counter. We took the knives out and put them in our wooden block.
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

@ rcbalt2: A crow? A living crow? That is awesome and terrifying at the same time.
I can't say I've gotten a "bad" gift over the years. Some of them have been disappointing, but none have been bad. One time I got blue plastic coat hangers for Christmas. I used them, but still. Coat hangers?
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared