Christmas Alone???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
raven

Christmas Alone???

Post by raven »

Hey All, Yep like the title says. Not anywhere near as Disasterous as Last Year.......WOW :eek: :eek: !!! It Was More Like "Merry X-MESS". Ex was fighting with my mom, my mom was fighting with the Ex. Ahhh, It was bad. My Little Hero "sonOraven" stepped in and saved the day. If it wasn't for him, it wouild've really been bad. He always had Just The Right Thing To Say, Just When I Need It ;) . Thanks Champ. Anyway, Alone This Christmas, but not alone...........This One is Different, and Should Be A New Experience. My Lovely Girlfriend is in Texas taking care of some family issues. So, We Decided to Have Christmas Via........Cell Phone :eek: . She plans on calling right about midnight to Share Christmas Together. Since I'll be working. Yeah, I Have Wal-Mart Security Detail from 11:00pm to 5:00am. Hey, It pays well :rolleyes: . We can't be together, so We'll Make Things Work In Our Favor. I'll Take What I Can Get :o . Just hearing her voice Wil Be Enough Of A Christmas Gift For Me. She gets a HINT of What I Got Her For Christmas.

That's right only a hint. I know she reads the Forum posts, so she maybe lurking about. I know she's reading this, because she's sneeky. That's Right Little Missy You're In Twouble.......... for Peeking :p

So Alone, but not so alone. Each and Everyone of My Bros and Sisters Here will be on Duty With Me Tonight In Spirit and In Heart.

By The Way.......sonOraven says; "Helloooooooo" and Merry Christmas to all his Bros and Sisters here as well. He'll be chiming in, in just a few days. He's spending Christmas with his mom. I'll Have him for a couple of weeks and to Celebrate The New Year. :)

As Always, Thank You for listening. Remember, We're On Patrol Together and I'm Celebrating with My "Family" Here In Heart. Merry Christmas To You All and May You All Be Very Blessed for the remainder of 2006 and Throughout 2007 ;) . Take Good Care All and Be Very Safe Out There.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
denn

Post by denn »

i worked security as well for about 3 years, building and surroundings patrolling. evening-, night- and weekend-duties only. major bio-rhythm disturbance that is by the way :mad: , i hate sleeping during the day. to top it off, in that era i also was an alcoholic, so, well......

.......i eventually got laid off because of boozing while on duty and joyriding test-vehicles on the terrain, heheheh :cool: . i learned three things while working there:

1. it's all about money-making, employees are treated like dirt
2. security jobs are usually bogus and overrated
3. having nice colleagues on the job is a major blessing (i had 'em, thankfully)

just some ramblings, pay no attention to it... :)

merry xmess.....i mean xmas, Raven and girlfriend!

denn
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

christmas is more than just a day -- its relationships, emotions, memories, and positive energy... i hope you will have a good holiday celebration with your family on another day that fits better with your life!!! just stay busy, keep a positive attitude, and look forwards to celebrating a little bit later!

but i feel your pain...

last year for xmas i was in zambia, in the peace corps, alone in my village. even though the villagers there were all "christians" (blending things missionaries beat into their heads -- almost literally -- with traditional beliefs in witchcraft...) no one there celebrated christmas at all... and a lot of villagers seemed offended by the idea that other people elsewhere in the world were giving/getting luxurious presents they couldn't hope to ever afford.

we were in the rainy season. i bought a guinea fowl, slaughtered and prepared it, stuffed and cooked it up just like a turkey, and ate it with my dog and cat. not a lot of fun, no presents, no family... but i kept myself busy, and by the time i was done eating, i was stuffed like a mattress... so i laid down on my actual matress, went to bed, and made it to another day. in retrospect, wasn't so bad!

this year, things are more like what i'm used to.
jerseybounce_42

Post by jerseybounce_42 »

To me Christmas is largely a state of mind. However, unfortunately over the past half century or so, it's generally become less of a blessed occasion of good will. EG- some 25 years ago some people at my former employer complained about the presence of a Christmas tree at work! I thought I solved that problem by retiring but since then I've had the chance to see that the complainers at work are well represented throughout the USA.
Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier

WTC 1993 was enough for me.
chinook

Post by chinook »

clovisc wrote:Christmas is more than just a day -- its relationships, emotions, memories, and positive energy... .
Christmas more than any other holiday evokes home and family. I once quit a good job in Seattle because they wouldn't let me go home for the holidays saying they expected a shipment that never showed until Febuary while my bosses disappeared in sequence corresponding to their family numbers. They said they understood my leaving (butt they had already gotten what they wanted so what the ****) I hope they have gotten the bugs out of that XYZ comparator and IC test module. I had a few problems with those over the holidays that they were absent roasting chestnuts and all.
.><CHINOOK*>
JD Spydo

I'm not complaining, I'm thankful

Post by JD Spydo »

I am celebrating Christmas alone this year~~ and you know something? >> It doesn't bother me in the least ;)

No I'm not just saying that to make myself feel better because actually I am in a pretty good humor at the moment. I have been surfing the web this evening and checking out out all of the knife sites and other Forums I usually hit and I am having a very relaxed and enjoyable time. Tomorrow I am going hiking in some forest I've never hiked before and I am really looking forward to it.

I would much rather be alone and relaxed than to be in some confrontational, hypocritcal environment where you know you are just putting on an act to fit in where you really don't fit in at all. I am not the least bit sad and I don't feel any voids what so ever. I am thankful to almighty GOD that I have a warm house to live in and I have a refrigerator full of good food, all of my present bills are pretty much caught up, I have a truck full of gas in the driveway, a footlocker full of Spyders and life is good at this moment. I know there are hundreds of thousands of people who would actually like to trade places with me ( if the truth were known).

Oh I would be lying if I said I couldn't be happier. Because If I found the right soul-mate I would be a bit happier. But I am so thankful to GOD that I am not in an adversarial relationship full of arguing and contention and strife. A "go along to get along" situation to where I have to compromise everything I believe in and being forced to be around people I don't like or care for is just not my idea of a good time or a good life. Some people would rather not be alone even if it means being totally miserable and being around abusive, selfish people. Not this kid :rolleyes: I love people>> but I love quality, decent, honest and good hearted people that treat you respectfully. Two facers, back stabbers, betrayers, judasizers and parasites are not my idea of quality companionship. The Good LORD is taking good care of me and I am extremely thankful and enjoying some quality relax time. Why compromise? You're going to lose most of the time if you do :( You got to learn to be thankful for what you do have. If you're not thankful for what you've got you never will be happy in any situation.

Plus I like keeping company with my good friends here at Spyderville and Bladeforums :) I just have a blast with you guys/gals here. Hey!! don't feel sorry for me because I'm doing just fine and life is good. GOD Bless you all
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Merrry Christmas to you Raven, and to everyone else on the forum!

May Christ's peace rest with all of you! :)
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

JD -- that was one of the best posts i've read here in a long while...
JD Spydo

Thanks guys

Post by JD Spydo »

Axlis wrote:Merrry Christmas to you Raven, and to everyone else on the forum!

May Christ's peace rest with all of you! :)
Thank you Axlis :) and the same to you Sir.

And Clovisc I thank you for your kind words.

And Brother Raven>> we're pulling for you. We wish you and yours the very best. You are among friends.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Well said JD!
some confrontational, hypocritcal environment where you know you are just putting on an act to fit in where you really don't fit in at all.
This is exactly how I feel around my wives family when they are all together.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Merry Christmas to All! Take care and God Bless You! Yeah I had to force my daughters to bed tonight. I express to them the true meaning for the season. They are still excited with the exchanging of the gifts, but more so that Dad is home for a change and not pulled away. A blessing in its self.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Funny that we should all be spending Christmas alone, and yet not feel a touch of loneliness. My appartment may be empty, but I have a good book, some pleasent music, and the virtual company of you fine people. For that I am very thankful. Merry Christmas everybody, and cheers to never being without friends.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Jordan wrote:Funny that we should all be spending Christmas alone, and yet not feel a touch of loneliness. My appartment may be empty, but I have a good book, some pleasent music, and the virtual company of you fine people. For that I am very thankful. Merry Christmas everybody, and cheers to never being without friends.
merry christmas, man! don't forget this season that every time you use a spydie, there are lots of other "fine people" from the forums doing the same!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I don't care very much about Christmas to be honest. Most of the time I find it rather a time of forced friendlyness and the such.

We are going to visit my Mom today who has still very much trouble of the fact that my dad died 3 years ago.

We will stay for christmas diner as well.

Tomorrow we'll see what we'll do and wednesday I'm going to get my son for the New Years celebration :D

Well Gil, despite you having to work at Christmas, Very merry Christmas and a big high five from the two of us for you and Erik.

Glad you found a soulmate again ;)

Take care bro' ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
denn

Post by denn »

clovisc wrote:JD -- that was one of the best posts i've read here in a long while...

yeah, same here, was reading it in total suspense :)

somehow reminds me of myself though..... :( (the being-alone part, forcing around with family, walking your own tracks, loneliness..)
raven

Post by raven »

Hey All, Just an update. Talked to my Girlfriend and shared Christmas over the cell phone. All Went Well.........Very Enjoyable, Peaceful, and Relaxing. The Best Christmas I've Ever Had. Like I Told Her, "Having Her In My Life Now, Is The Best Gift To Have" ;) . I agree with many here that have posted. Folks have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas. So many get lost in the Hub Bub of gift giving, giving the more expensive gifts, and being forced to Be Happy. Happiness and Contentment Can't Be Forced. It has to be Present Already In One's Life. This should be a time of Give and Give Back. Not A Time for Give and Take........and Take More. It Should Be A Time for Peace and Relaxation, Family Enjoyment.........Not Family Squabbles. It's Amazing Now, to see how many Miss the Meaning behind this Precious Holiday. Many look at it as "On The Outside Looking In". Many of us see it as "On The Inside Looking Out". Take Good Care and Again.........Very Merry Christmas To All. ;)

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
JD Spydo

A truly blessed day

Post by JD Spydo »

RAVEN- I am so glad that you got to spend Christmas with your soul-mate even though it was over a phone. But you know something?>> that may end up being one of your most memorable Christmas holidays. Plus when things get back to normal you look back on this and end up appreciating holidays better than most us>> and so will your lady.

I'm saying it again people because I really mean it>> LIFE IS GOOD

To all my BROTHERs & SISTERs here in Spyderville>> Be thankful for what you have. Because you probably have much more than you realize. Merry Christmas everyone :)