My Xmas present-Whats yours?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Franco G

Post by Franco G »

Spyderco/Perrin's Street Beat.
The winner.

A Merry Christmas to all,

Franco
Spyderco: NON MULTA SED MULTUM

My islands
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

So far zero knife Xmas for me , our dristributor was out of stock for Adventura and slow to get new models I want . I did buy some other brands but friends needed to gift family so I helped them out , so knifeless . The greatest gift is my wife and family , last year at this time I was just getting out of hospital barely walking so this year is very special . I do have a military friend working on getting me a Afghan Native so that may be my late present , until then I will just hug the Grandkids and hope for snow .
Gollum

Post by Gollum »

SS PE Delica 4!
Intentionally Left Blank
dlemay

Post by dlemay »

I just received a E4 Wave yesterday. Wow, that's a nice knife.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

Manix Guy 2 wrote:So far zero knife Xmas for me , our dristributor was out of stock for Adventura and slow to get new models I want . I did buy some other brands but friends needed to gift family so I helped them out , so knifeless . The greatest gift is my wife and family , last year at this time I was just getting out of hospital barely walking so this year is very special . I do have a military friend working on getting me a Afghan Native so that may be my late present , until then I will just hug the Grandkids and hope for snow .
after reading your thread, sound like your christmas turned around a bit, and you're getting back some of the good karma you deserve after a rough xmas last year! i'm glad to hear it! happy holidays!
Effigy

Post by Effigy »

Volpe (and three Case knives)

Merry Christmas!
:spyder:#86
denn

Post by denn »

wtf?! you guys all got knives for christmas?...... :mad: :confused:

well, since i live in Europe, GMT+1, christmas is tomorrow for me

as usual, i'd probably get boxers and/or socks from my lovely mom :D :(

but, let us not forget, it's about the quality time with familiy and friends, not gifts...

merry xmas,

denn
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

redhawk44p wrote:It is a bear to sharpen though.
:spyder: How much did it take before it got so dull? I touch up my zdp caly jr. before it ever gets truely dull, much easier to keep sharp than to bring it back from true dullness. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

denn wrote:wtf?! you guys all got knives for christmas?...... :mad: :confused:

well, since i live in Europe, GMT+1, christmas is tomorrow for me

as usual, i'd probably get boxers and/or socks from my lovely mom :D :(

but, let us not forget, it's about the quality time with familiy and friends, not gifts...

merry xmas,

denn
You're absolutely right Denn. My family has never been very close, so over the years I found family in my closest friends. Being with friends and family who have seen you through the ups and the downs and fully accept you is what's really important to me. But my Waved E4 ain't all that bad either :) .
denn

Post by denn »

Ignoramus wrote:You're absolutely right Denn. My family has never been very close, so over the years I found family in my closest friends. Being with friends and family who have seen you through the ups and the downs and fully accept you is what's really important to me. But my Waved E4 ain't all that bad either :) .
oh so true, familiy is everything, friends is something. i'm 30 now, 31 in a week, and i learned the hard way that family is to be treasured dearly.

and yeah, a Waved E4 ain't bad either ;)

denn
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Not exactly for Christmas but these came in this week.
The Salt is in my wife's pocket and the Wave is mine.
Thanks to CZ75Spydie.

All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
santiago

Post by santiago »

Didn't get any myself but my brothers-in-law will each be getting one later today -- a PE FRN D'Fly for the guy who needs a small, capable EDC, and a PE G10 Meadowlark for the hobbyist model-maker.

Really still testing the waters with these knives and gauging their interest in Spydies. If they bite or get bitten, they'll be in for some real treats. :)

Happy Holidays to all!
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

I am extremely excited to recieve the PE Lil' Temp that is awaiting me.

Happy Holidays all! :)
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Great presents all. I'm afraid my present will be on hold for awhile. We spent everything on the kids. All I got was a new avatar.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
denn

Post by denn »

Bluntrauma wrote:Great presents all. I'm afraid my present will be on hold for awhile. We spent everything on the kids. All I got was a new avatar.
well at least it's a cool avatar. money well spent! :D

and you sig is very cool too, so it seems you're sorted for this x-mas :)

denn
redhawk44p

Post by redhawk44p »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: How much did it take before it got so dull? I touch up my zdp caly jr. before it ever gets truely dull, much easier to keep sharp than to bring it back from true dullness. :spyder:
It did not get dull. I like to reprofile the edge. I am not happy until the knife has my edge on it. The ZDP 189 is harder to sharpen than my fav S30V steel. In my experience each steel type needs a slightly different sharpening technique. I tried waterstones but I think I will need to use my diamond stones for this new steel. It does get sharp but I have not been able to get it as sharp as my S30V blades. Just a learning curve thing I guess.
Puyallupknifegu

Post by Puyallupknifegu »

My wife gave me the Sharpmaker!! Yay!!! Time to watch the DVD!!!

Merry Christmas!!

Tim :D
God bless!
-Puyalluknifeguy-

Si Vis Pacem Para bellum
catamount

Post by catamount »

I bought a foliage green E4, and a waved one. I swapped the blades, gave my father a CE E4 (He was really pleased.), and have a waved E4 with foliage green scales for myself :D

I also got a CE E4 for my brother-in-law, and a Lava for myself.
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
denn

Post by denn »

well, as i anticipated i got 4 pairs of black socks from my dear mom :cool: . and real happy with it

also ofcourse the fancy diner, made by my mom and my brother. i did the dishes (man. that was a lot of kitchen harware! :eek: )

tomorrow is x-mas day #2 (at least in the Netherlands it is; 25th and 26th are Christmas).

i'll visit my aunt then in her new house with loads of family. really looking forward to that! :)

denn
got spyderco

Christmas Knives

Post by got spyderco »

I got the full size mannix and the new copilot
Is that great or what :spyder: